Music Meets Members 🎵

Who knows me also knows that I like music.

Sometimes when I listen to a song I think “That would fit X.” It’s not always the lyrics, but sometimes just the title or the band name.

So I’ll start a little series of songs for forum members. You like the title? It prevailed against ‘What Wicked Weirdos Want’ and ‘Find Ur Certain Kick’. :smirk:
And I’ll link some wonderful threads that give me so much fun and inspiration. :hugs:

Now to some legal information. Any liability for good taste is excluded. The order does not represent a ranking of my most popular members.
Don’t be disappointed if you’re not affected, that’s entirely due to my lack of imagination.
Oh, the premise is that I like the music (mostly maybe :thinking:). And the only rule is: don’t take it too serious! :crazy_face:

So give me a like and/or a comment if you like it. If not, go swimming with piranhas. You sold your soul by signing in to this forum. So stand it. :smiling_imp:

Enough talking, let’s start.

Edit: I’ve thought about it. Why shouldn’t everyone here be able to dedicate a song to a member? So if you have a suitable song for a dear member, go for it. Thanks and sorry @Luna, I was being a little selfish.

But if you want to thank someone, do it here:
When was the last time u publicly thanked someone with sincerity in this forum? It’s not to late! Show some :cupid: now

Have a break - have a Kit Kat! Music and :beer: corner
E&P Song Lyrics (and Songs) by Sleepyhead & Friends
Song title & Artist name game

7 Likes

The first is for someone who has involuntarily left us. Whenever I hear this song (and I listen to it a lot) I think of @TGW and how he must have felt by the end. RIP

8 Likes

@Pike this is an excellent thread (and thanks for linking to other threads!)

three cheers for sharing your creativity and good taste and thoughtfulness with forum friends!

5 Likes

Thank you! But be careful with premature praise until you’ve seen how this develops. :smirk:

3 Likes

Been really digging all the punk posts. It’s a genre-family that I have long liked but never explored except for the most shallow of levels – the Pogues, the Clash, Black Flag [never a “fan” of the Ramones, but familiarr] and prrobably a handful of others that aren’t popping into my head at the moment.

So… educate me?

3 Likes

I like to pass on what I know. But not in this thread. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

It’s his :cake:day. This is for @Guvnor

4 Likes

Will be following you

:turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle:

3 Likes

I’m loving this thread!

I’ve got many ideas but will keep quiet and see what you come up with

And I’ll be the one following the white rabbit :turtle:

:green_heart:

6 Likes

In this thread I post the videos. :smiling_imp: But I’ll be generous with that. :smirk:

So I take the opportunity to present a video for @Luna. Your turtles tell you what you mean to them. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

This goes out to all the pirates. @anc1ent1 @Steve9999 @Harlikwen Have I forgotten someone? I don’t know who else is part of the crew. Tag’em yourself.

8 Likes

Aaaarrrrr! Thank-you @Pike :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag:
Also aboard we have @Yomagn-tho, @ProfLoki, @LordStanley94, @Freddeey,@SupremeAlienRaptor, @Beckwak, @C.Occam, and the occasional visit from the pantless @voidstrike.
An of course we all miss @zephyr1

:pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag:

9 Likes

Thank you for your support.

4 Likes

I immediately think of something for @voidstrike. Just to show what you might be missing. :smirk:

7 Likes

@nevarmaor I remember your post about your stronghold and your hair style in @sleepyhead’s song lyrics thread. :smirk:

4 Likes

LOL “Can you play Wonderwall?”

Fortunately my band days predated that song … although I did play it around the campfire later on.

Hmmm,

Game ain’t easy when your heroes charge slow
Game ain’t easy when your heroes charge slow

I got mana troops
I got Quintus dupes
I’m gonna raid and raid all night long
I might even win one

I got emblem paths
Once I even bought a VIP pass
I’m gonna fight the wars with nothing to show
'Cause game ain’t easy when your heroes charge slow

4 Likes

I just realized with horror that I missed your cake day @sft1965! I’m so sorry. Maybe a little song will make it up to you. How are you?

4 Likes

This is for @BlueHair. I think I speak for the whole KitKatFamily and many other forum members here.

5 Likes

Strange things happen. I did some research and you won’t believe it @BlueHair, in Germany the red panda is also called a cat bear. So you are a blue cat. And maybe, deep in your heart, you’re also the wildest cat in town.

2 Likes

@Pike, wow 2 songs! I love them both (and they’re both new to me, which is even better!)

First, Friend - the best part of friend to me is that you really can’t do it solo. It, by definition, requires 2 people. This is sticking with me today.

Second, Wildest Cat in Town - LOL. If I’m at all in contention for wildest cat in town here, you, sir, do not know the party town that is Minneapolis. :rofl:. High School Andy secretly identified with “Wild Thing” by The Troggs though, so maybe there’s something there? :slight_smile:

Pike has made it clear that he posts the videos here, so all those curious about Wild Thing (and not aware of it) and those that just want to hear a great song again will just have to go to YouTube or Spotify or what have you and search yourselves. I don’t make the rules - sorry!

2 Likes