MUSASHI: must be reviewed

He seems fine to me. Fast mana multi hitter with high attack and he doesnt have the pathetically low defense of others like him. The healing, while weak,is just a bonus to a great hero.

1 Like

the only thing i want is for him to be able to blind added to his attack

and MUSASHI is the weakest hero of the month

I think Thoth might disagree with your statement

What is weak about Thoth? He hits 3 for the same damage, not single plus partial to nearby like Mu. And he has his minions, which:
A)Block incoming damage
B)Inflict their own damage, all 3 if you can get 3 specials off
Thoth has higher defense(694) and HP(1361), versus Musashiā€™s defense(679) and HP(1248). While Musa has higher attack(786 vs 731), Thothā€™s minions make up for that with their damage on every turn, not just if purple tiles are matched, like Mu who has to have yellow tiles matched to inflict damage. Thereā€™s no comparison at that point between the two, Thoth is better, hands-down.

Thoth is unusable on titans, unless youā€™re never going to fire his special. Thatā€™s a major negative.

Musaā€™s damage vs primary target is WAAY higher. Like a 70% increase over thoth (Musa has 332% of 786 = 2610 damage. Thoth has 215% of 731 = 1571). Musaā€™s total damage is 2610+1305+1305 = 5220. Thothā€™s is 3*1571 = 4713. So Musa overall does 10% more damage AND a higher amount to primary target, which is more valuable in raids since wounded heroes can still attack and fire specials but dead ones canā€™t.

3 Likes

On Titans, I have to agree with you, as I use Mu myself for Titan hits. I was referring to raids and province boards, mainly raids. At max, Thothā€™s attack is 731, his minions get 15% of that, or 109.65 or 110 attack, and 20% of his 1361 HP, which is 272.2 or 272 HP. With even 2 minions, thatā€™s close to an extra hero that attacks on EVERY turn. With 3 minions, itā€™s equal to a 3* hero at 330 attack and 816 HP that has to be chipped away to even get to Thothā€™s main HP. Musa canā€™t compare to that, esp. when itā€™s a given that the last hero standing is the winner in raids. If his 50% heal was for all damage, it would be another ball game. But with +HOT not being healed either as itā€™s part of a special attack, and with so many heroā€™s specials that have +HOT now, his heal is almost irrelevant.

1 Like

The biggest pitfall in adding minion damage to Thothā€™s damage count is that if Thoth gets hit by anything, he loses that damage. On paper 3 minions can do some stuff, but in reality itā€™s rare to have them stacked (3 casts already, that takes time too), alive, and chipping.

On top of that, Musashiā€™s entire damage benefits from attack buffs, meanwhile for some dumb reason Thothā€™s minions only scale with his base attack.

He definitely needs a buff and for the minion summoning and attacks to not block the board.

1 Like

see Elileaā€™s response - his ā€œextra damageā€ never sticks around much in my experience.

Also, charging two specials to get an extra tile or two damage each turn (that may or may not stick around if Thoth is damaged) is less good than two specials that will kill 1-2 heroes. Thoth needs a bunch of extra attacks and other hero specials to start wiping people with only 2 of his own specials, musa not so much.

and very few of my raids come down to 1 on 1 last man standing, maybe 5% or less.

The only time Iā€™d bring Thoth instead of Musa is if I needed a 2nd purple vs a yellow tank. Given that heā€™s not titan usable, thatā€™s a pretty narrow use case IMO.

Looking at it another way, for Musa, Iā€™d rank him as tied for 2nd in terms of ā€œwho would I ascendā€: Joon > Viv and Musa tied for second > everyone else.

For thoth, Hel Panther and Sartana are clearly ahead, Iā€™d put Oba ahead of thoth, and possibly dominita as well.

1 Like

I hope SG will roll up their sleeves and look into the balance of heroes sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Yes, but the HOTM donā€™t need it, heroes like Thorne, Richard, Elkanen, Groot, etc. Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s what you mean from other threads, but I may be confusing you with someone else (I do that all the time in my old age [40]).

I mean all the heroes :slight_smile: And Thothā€¦ :poop:

And youā€™re likely thinking of me, so your memory is all good. I just really find the balance of this game tiresome and it makes me a rant. A lot :scream_cat:

but if all the 5* heroes were balanced and useful, ppl wouldnā€™t dive in for gems over and over to get the same fast 5 + a single tank. :wink:

1 Like

OH NOES! :scream_cat:

No, but think about it this way - if every hero is good, donā€™t you just want to have them all? Ka ching :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

To add to the other points:

3 or even all hitting for small damage isnā€™t especially useful on raid attacksā€¦ highly suboptimal unless it comes with a very useful set of abilities like Panther.

Thoth does not.

Heā€™s a niche defense hero, and while he can be irritating there he really doesnā€™t fit anywhere else in game.

Musa is absolutely better than that, not great on defense but not terrible, good on attack, good on titans, good on map even.

1 Like

I agree with you as far as their rankings within their own element. Thoth is no where near the best dark hero. But this topic is headed towards Thoth more than the OPā€™s topic of Musashi, who does indeed need to have his healing aspect tweaked so that itā€™s actually useful. Especially with the +HOT being more of a factor now.
The other HoTMā€™s make a big difference in a playerā€™s team, i.e. Athena, Ares, Hel, and now Alberich. Musashi isnā€™t more desirable to most players than an original rank & file hero, like Joon, including yourself. That has to tell you something isnā€™t up to par with him, does it not?

I canā€™t argue that. either, as Musa is my go-to yellow hero for just about everything on a day to day basis. But his healing is basically useless, esp. in raids, and that keeps him below the standard compared to the other HoTMā€™s.

after the reviue of Albercheā€¦ was done and give him extra power which arent other like him no other have thats full special efectos , spending 100ā‚¬ to get him and nothing today stillzero 5* .!

how about giving him added effect 50% boost attack damage on dark enemies
OR
give him a enemies receive -54% defense against holy like Panther
surely these can be adjusted to be more balanced.

after they add one of these effects his skill name should change to ā€œDivine Dragon Fangā€ cause he is cutting through dark heroes lol

His special canā€™t outdamage Joon on single target and donā€™t have Jackalā€™s elemental defense reduction butā€¦ what about making him more threatening by increasing his damage and defense via special effect?

Like reduce his special effect duration but adding a riposte to make him a ā€œself healing Obakanā€?

Deal 332% damage to a single enemy and minor damage on nearby enemies.
The caster heals 50% of the damage dealt and counterattack with 115% of the damage received for 3 turns

Musashiā€™s art is one of my favourite and I hope to see it more often on raids.

2 Likes

Bumped. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a picture would get devā€™s attention. So hereā€™s my idea without making Musashi overly powerful anyway.

Musashi is currently not as bad as Thoth, but a revamp would be great! Here he deals great damage at fast mana to one target, and good damage to the rest considering his fast mana.

As a compensation, the TARGET (one target, not including the nearby enemies) will heal. But the order is the damage first, then the heal. So if the target dies first, they will not be healed obviously and this in the end would be like 390% + 4 * 195% damage. If the target doesnā€™t die and eventually heals, this would be like 200% + 4 * 195% damage. Still really good. You can block healings with other heroes anyway. Intentionally a ranger so youā€™d have to choose between him or Finley or any other great damagers, cause both or more present would be destructing.

If this sounds too powerful, letā€™s take a look at Kadilen with 190% damage to all and good effects for 3 turns. Sure, Kadilenā€™s got lower attack stat hence the compensation here in Musashiā€™s skill. Other comparisons would be Frigg and Odin who on average deal great damage with great effects on fast mana, too. I think this version of Musashi would be better than Kadilen, but not better than Frigg/Odin, which sounds fair to me.

This could actually be implemented in the costume version, too.