Multicolored heroes!

Glad to have helped. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

they could just reduce the damage from each tile by 40% so you would be doing less damage when youre only hitting with 1 color but if you can match 3 of each tile at the same time (3 blue, 3 yellow) it adds up to slightly more than normal damage total.

Leveling

It would just use the ascension items from each color.

Example
4* Blue / Yellow would use 4x Cape and 4x Orb

Tile Damage

Since only tile damage has a color, this would effectively double the color stacking buff.

Soft cap

The color stacking attack stat soft cap would still be in effect so no change.

Missing color

This would allow a team to eliminate the missing color disadvantage ( see Notes). The missing color disadvantage balances the color stacking buff.

Example
Instead of 2-1-1-1-0 you might have 3-2-2-2-1 or 2-2-2-2-2

But the use of double the ascension items would also balance the lack of a missing color. And the sacrifice of double colors would balance this. Not sure I have fully worked through the implications here. But it seems to be the opposite of Wu Kong in that is reduces the influence of RNG and instead increases the synergistic effect of Special skills that go well together and magnify the disadvantage of special skills that overwrite each other. Seems you would be effectively creating half star heroes 1.5*, 2.5*, 3.5*, 4.5*, 5.5* so the diminishing returns rule of MMOs would be preserved. Two 4* heroes of different colors for 2x 3* ascension items and 200% the Hero XP of one, or One 4.5* hero for 1.7142x 3* ascension items and 100% the Hero XP of one.

Weak color disadvantage

Weak color disadvantage would still exist, so there is no change.

Colorless Damage

Since AI controlled defense teams, bosses and titans do colorless damage, there is no change.

Defense

On defense the the hero would take 75% Damage from one colors and 150% Damage from one colors except for Yellow/ Purple which would be neutral to all attackers ( making it a very good center).

Example
Blue / Red would take 75% Damage from Red ( Blue strong versus Red, Red neutral versus Red) and 150% Damage from Blue ( Blue neutral to Blue, Red Weak to Blue ).

Tourney

Dual heroes could be used in any Tourney allowing one of the hero’s Colors. Also balanced by requiring twice the ascension items.

Celestial/ Diamond/ white color

A variation would be the white color hero.

A white color hero preserves the missing color disadvantage.

A white 4* color hero would require 1x Tools, Orb, Cape, Shield, H. Blade.

A white color hero would add 50% of its attack stat to the other 1 to 4 colors of the team. Derived from the fact that a second hero of the strong color effectively adds 200% of its attack stat to one color divided by 4 the maximum number of colors with a white color hero on the team. The Devs could even increase the X% as less colors were present on the team.

A mono white team would do 1 point of damage per tile.

RNG

While white color hero would reduce the summons RNG paywall, dual colors would increase it. If you need a Blue / Red sniper to finish your 5* team, the game may be discontinued before you get it. Seems trade and shards would have to be implemented first.

Notes

Edit5:

Mana

I would allow mana from both colors. Just reduce the effect of the special skill to compensate for the speed of charging. A Purple/ Yellow average mana speed Rigard would only heal 21%, but would heal and cleanse twice as often.

Or we could steal a trick from other match 3 games and give them two separate special skills that each charge with a different color.

Perhaps a defense special skill and an attack special skill.

Troops

Dual heroes would require both troops. Each Troop only influenceing tiles of its color on attack and defense.

Stats would average for colorless attacks on attack and defense.

Requiring the addition of tabs for stats.

Example
Purple/ Yellow healers would have a tab for purple, yellow and colorless.

Running a Purple/ Yellow healer with two level 17 Crit troops would be the same effect of a normal hero with a matching level 17 Crit troop.

A full team of dual color heroes would require ten troops.

Has anyone suggested introducing heroes that have dual affinities? An ice and holy mix for example? Or maybe adding some way to add an extra affinity to say Season 1 heroes to help them grow and progress a little stronger?

This could add an interesting dimension to the game as far as hero development goes too. Talent trees that allow you to develop both affinities or increase one affinity over another.

This could really be developed in a lot of different directions, but to start off with would at least affect game strategy in a lot of ways.

Any thoughts?

It seems to me that requiring the use of two separate troop units for a single hybrid hero is . . . well, more work for less payoff. Advancing troop units is already hilariously costly in terms of both time required and resources spent – needing to do it twice to yield balanced performance from a hybrid hero beggars utility, so far as I am persuaded.

(Wow. The forums saved this post draft for months. So here it is.)

So true and I totally understand and agree :100: to the fact. It’s totally and more unattainable to be able to pay for upgrades for the stronghold, crafting facilities, training camps, etc… And I can’t see the logic of purchasing the diamonds. Just so you’re not able to get the heros or warriors you like or want. Fought an emerald dragon yesterday and for the first time I was the only one who did. But I’m still waiting for my reward bonus. I wouldn’t go to a store and pay for a item I didn’t want or need would you? Sincerely, yours CabinBeaver56
Have been trying for almost 3 years. I even purchased a 2nd dragon VIP didn’t get it either. Nor did I receive my dragon for my friend who’s at the level 13 base and rank level 24.

I was a huge MTG fan in the past, dual-color cards added a new light into the game, allowing a bunch of new possible combinations and diversity in the decks.

Dunno if someone already gave the same idea, for instance :

Using just rudimentary math, when it comes to dmg without having def. in consideration, if Fire & Nature/Dark Heroes would give 300 dmg to any non-weak/strong Hero :

• Nature/Dark hero vs Fire Hero

Nature/Dark Hero would receive if non crit hit - 300/2 + 300/2*2 > 450 dmg

Fire Hero would receive if non crit hit – 600 dmg

Buffs :

Nature/Dark hero would get buffs from dark & nature heroes special skills elemental link and give to dark & nature heroes in the party when casting his own Elemental link.

whats your take in Dual-color Heroes?

One full year later… (or 5 months after the 3 year anniversary) People should realise you cannot have two VIP dragons. They come in two different colours but you can only select the more exclusive purple VIP dragon only if you have more than one month VIP credit up your sleeve.

Or a hero, like Myztero, that could change colors?

Good question. Can’t be any worse than it is now

1 Like