Muggy: Is "Reborn" Resurrection for Bloody Battle?

As others have said, health isn’t being gained, a new creature is created…

Anyone know how to get confirmation on the definition? Seems unfair to leave us wondering given that it is their definition that is dubious? :frowning:

1 Like

Cross posting this for easy reference:

When your “new creature” is created he gains health based on a percentage.
Well, in a bloody battle any green number will be = 0

4 Likes

I would guess that Muggy’s skill will not work, but the AI did auto fill him in my defense team when I joined the tournament. Hmm…

Thanks, I’ve got him at 2.4 so yet to use him!

That’s based purely on power and means nothing. :slight_smile:

I did remove him from the line up, I’m not gambling on the wording of a special that revives heroes and gives them health.

You can put Belith in. She will only function as a dispeller. But you can use her.

2 Likes

Thank you, I have a (hopefully) good team set up, I just found it curious that Muggy was auto populated in my defense. I have several heroes with emblems that he beat out for that spot.

1 Like

My point was not to suggest a replacement, but rather to observe that a main healer is an acceptable candidate to the algorithm. I wouldn’t assume anything based on the autopopulation.

1 Like

Looks like it’s been confirmed: Muggy does not work… Which sucks, because I used him on my Defense team, thinking I was being clever! Rebirth is not resurrection in my book. I would have thrown Kailani in there if I’d known! Ah well…

1 Like

So muggy skill doesnt work in current 3* tourney. But is his skill really a resurrection or is it a transformation? This has actually made muggy useless…

His skill says… Reborn

I mean, the card states “reborn” and it only happens after the hero dies. Sounds like resurrection to me.

6 Likes

But, it’s a new hero. Weaker then the original and not an actual resurrection. Kinda like a summon. Not that any 3* have it but be like bringing in thorns, foxes or elfs…

I do get the thin line between bringing new heros into a “no heal or resurrection” event.

It’s not a new hero, and it’s not really weaker than the original either. Ignoring the visual change, when they’re “reborn as a Chameleon” the original hero’s stats stay the same when they’re resurrected. The Chameleon Mode buff is what changes the stats.

Minions aren’t buffs, in fact the game doesn’t even consider them status effects. Bruiser Bro and Chameleon form are considered buffs by the game. Bruiser Bro is the one that resurrects the hero if they die, it works just like Atomos Immortal buff except for the chameleon part.

Also there is a 3* that summons a minion: Rudolph.

3 Likes

Took me until my 4th raid to realize he wasn’t working, other raids he wasn’t needed. Sad, but expected.

Muggy needs to be rethought. Does he use resurrection abilities or what. Reborn throws me off alot. I personally think that reborn should be different than resurrection due to the fact that the hero is not being brought back to life but transformed into something intirely different. Whatcha think Y’all :thinking:

What is the context of this “throws me off a lot”?

Ultimately, reborn and resurrection bring the hero back to life, just reborn changes the hero’s abilities. So they are already different in that sense. Both abilities, since they increase health, are disallowed in Bloody Battle tournaments.

There are other heroes that do the same thing as Muggy – Marie-Therese comes to mind.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is related to this week’s tournament.

As you point out they are different and I like the distinction.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s the problem with muggy?
At the moment we have 3 different ways of heroes coming back to life.

1. Revive
    The hero dies without any buffs and get back to life without him doing anything or having buffs. It’s luck based at the moment.
    The only two ways for doing that is either via reviver special skill or fighter class.
    With a reviver you have to fire another hero after they are dead and with some % they will come back. (mother north, alberich…)
    With fighter class you don’t have to do anything, when they die there is an immediate chance they will get revived. (boldtusk…)

2. Resurrection
    A hero cast a special skill and gives himself a status effect.
    If the hero dies with this status effect active, he will come back as himself,no chance involved. (atomos, tyr…)

3. Reborn
    For that that the hero needs an active buff on himself when he dies.
    When he dies he will come back as something different, no chance involved. (muggy, Marie Therese…)

3 Likes