šŸŽ… Mr. Pengi -- 5* Ice / Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

If you build minion teams around Pengi, they can force fiends off of heroes. Both are great but for attacking purposes, Iā€™d chose Pengi just for sheer damage output potential. Donā€™t think you could go wrong with either.

Pulled him this morning, i dont know how i plan to use him yet but already started leveling him.

Just here to ask why we canā€™t get Pengiā€™s avatar from the long seasonal quest?

1 Like

Got him with 20 coins my first Christmas 5* after 4 years.

He should pair really well with frosth, both blue, same speed and 5 minions for pengi to boost his attack.
But even without minions he has some crazy sniper stats.
I have 2 blue snipers.
Unemblemed magni, which has around the same attack stats, 300 less def and 100 less health and lower %.
And max emblem Alice, her stats are nearly similar with Unemblemed pengi, little bit more attack and little bit less %.

So even without any minions he is still a really good sniper and with minions on the team Iā€™m really looking forward to using him.

Quite happy at the moment.

1 Like

@PlayForFun they updated his special skill and added extra hits also when allies have fiends on themā€¦

@ferg congrats and enjoy him :wink: (maybe you can share his card when fully leveled so it can be added above? :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The additional hits are based on his alliesā€™ minions (not including himself) so max would be 12 extra hits.

Edit : Oh wait, it does include himself. So max is 15 hits

Pengi, following Krampus and Frosth, does 10 extra hits.
The other benefit of lots of extra hits is that there is a high chance that every opponent will also get the Frost DOT

1 Like

This guy can be good in minion wars AFAIK (as flank/wing). Because field itself summons minions.

I donā€™t think soā€¦

One minion + original hit. 2 hits total although there are 5 fiends.

Thanks, but I think this would need some time :sweat_smile:

Then i dont get it. Fiend are considered minions when Uraeus hits but not when Pengi? Why?

Ok, I will check and update the OP soon if needed.

Uraeus does not consider fiend to be a minion.
The Uraeus card clearly states ā€œAll Enemies who own a minion or fiendā€.

5 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, i dont have him so i didnt remember correctly what is written on the card.

That is complete misinformation.

EDIT: in view of the German translation, I can understand the confusion.

I just saw the mistake, but I think the card description is misleading in Germanā€¦
In English itā€™s fine as they write enemies, but in German it reads like fiends and minionsā€¦

@Petri @Staff_SGG can this be looked at please?
@PlayForFun

see below please, Santa has ā€œGegnerā€ in his decription, Pengi has ā€œFeindeā€
Feinde can be fiends or enemies, I guess it would be much clearer if Pengis decription would contain ā€œGegnerā€ as wellā€¦

4 Likes

Yes the German description is very misleading, had some clarification work to do in one of my line groups.
That should definitely be changed.

I have added the quoted version of this into a new bug topic, and I have asked mods to notify staff about it.

2 Likes

many thanks @PlayForFun :slight_smile:
@ferg after reading the text in German again it doesnā€™t make any sense at all what is written there, donā€™t you think? I think they should re-write this part of the special totally, not only the fiends partā€¦
what u think?

Yep, I donā€™t think thatā€™s a complete sentence at all.
Iā€™m normally playing in English so I donā€™t see such mistakes, but now I first saw it here from you mentioned and later from some other players on line.

Checked it out and doesnā€™t make much sense, I mean with a lot of good will someone could guess what the hero should do but itā€™s definitely not something you just read once and understand.

No idea why they changed ā€œGegnerā€ like on every other card to ā€œFeindeā€ and also the second part is at least missing one verb.

Should be something like that:
"FĆ¼r jeden Lakaien bei verbĆ¼ndeten Helden verursacht er bei zufƤlligen Gegnern 130% Schaden. Der Schaden ist mit jedem Folgetreffer schwƤcher.

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile:
When I first read it in German I was like: Oh wow, this change havenā€™t been announced at all ^^

Will add your suggestion to the thread @PlayForFun created, letā€™s see if they change anythingā€¦

1 Like

Some first impressions

I donā€™t know, maybe all new heroes are that crazy, the newest hero I have is S3 (+ some hotm) but nothing really new like event heroes or S4. So maybe thatā€™s not outstanding but for me the damage he does is not a little bit higher than other heroes, but completely in another leagueā€¦

I compared him with some other damage dealers I have in blue.

Pengi against opponent with over 1k defense:

0 minions ~ +800hp damage
5 minions ~ +1600hp damage
10 minions ~ +2000Hp damage

And thatā€™s only the direct damage, on top nearly 200hp dot for each he hit, with 10 minions that was most of the time all, so another 1000 hp if all were still alive or nearly 3000hp total.

As other blues I tried against an opponent with around 900 def, so even less def
Magni+0 ~650hp (fast)
Alice+18 ~800hp (fast)
Athena+18 ~ 900hp (average, total damage for 3, single target 500, 200, 200)
Richard c+0 ~ 1000hp (average, total damage for 3, single target 580, 260,260)

So without a single minion he is already my hardest hitting sniper for around 800 direct damage and 200 dot or nearly 1k total. Thatā€™s far more than my other fast snipers and even more than my average hit 3 heroes.

With 5 minions he is far ahead of everything I have at fast speed, and he doesnā€™t rely on neighbors unlike my hit 3 because he can hit anyone, not only 3 beside each other.

With 10 minions he is the hardest hitting blue hero I have, and thatā€™s without any buffs, pair that with some def down, Atk + and it gets laughable.

I paired him with 2 frosth (1 max, 1 at 3.70) same color, same speed and with 8 blue stones I get all 3 charged and at least 10 minions. If I would take 2 snipers instead of the minion summoners I wouldnā€™t do that much damage at the same speed and would miss the extra survivability I get through the minions.

For me a crazy hero, maybe all new heroes are like that, but for me definitely something outstanding.

15 Likes