🎅 Mr. Pengi -- 5* Ice / Blue from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

Sorry about that :unamused: Hope you get something good next time :blush:

Congrats!:partying_face::confetti_ball::tada:
RNG is just sooo unpredictable.

1 Like

Give man a fish, you feed him for a day. Give penguin a fish and he’ll use it as ammo for improvised rocket launcher.

11 Likes

Totally overpowered.
¥€$$!

Congrats guys for getting that super hero!
I’ve already faced him in raids and he’s a game changer (game over guys)!
I wish I had him!

Iam afraid to say but heroes like that, as Telluria, will get nerfed (hope my thoughts never get realized).
They should be either slow speed or with less power.
(again hope this never happens)

1 Like

Don’t worry, I think that Mr. Pengi would be behind a lot of heroes if a nerf would come to push, before him there would surely be heroes such as Quenell, Zekeena and many more and even that is unlikely to happen.

1 Like

My Mystic Vision EHT thankfully brought Krampus, as I already had Pengi :grinning:
&
Decided to not chase Krampus.

9 Likes

OMG! Mr Pengi paired with one or more or the Christmas heros is an absolute BEAST! If you triggers his special after the other Christmas heros summon their minions, he will just keeps firing and firing and firing! The whole team is wiped out in one blast! Mind you, it’s a continuous blast! It’s a sight to see and scary at the same time! :wink: If you think Cobalt’s or Onyx’s 3x blast are destructive, Mr Pengi’s streaming blast is on a whole other level of destructive! :pleading_face::cold_face::scream:

2 Likes

Works extremely well against taunters

3 Likes

Good to know.
Thank you for the tip

I have just finished lvling up my Mr. Pengi, not sure which way on talent grid part should I go. Atk > hp > def seems the best for minions but I see some people going for atk > def > hp.

He is a killer. I went full attack for him.

Atk > Def > Hp is what I’ll do as I think it’ll be the best way to exploit healing over time, health boost mechanic and to lower damage taken, making minions granted by other heroes harder to kill.

Minions’ extra hp could be “lost” by being replaced with weaker minions anyway.

2 Likes

Pengi-krampus is stronger than vela telluria, nerf is inevitable

The difference is we have a lot of counters now. They aren’t any more stupid than a whole host of combos

2 Likes

I underestimated Mr. Pengi when I first fought him. Big mistake…

13 Likes

You should nerf all those Xmas heroes until next Xmas event

1 Like

No nerf needed both are not common enough to takeover the meta outside of Top-End Alliances.

Also there are several counter heroes available you will likely bring up anyway as Pengi on defense requires other heroes to generate minions. Krampus as a flank is medium fast and pengi is fast so although they are a great tandem, its likely there will not be a firing sequence if you use both as flanks. Flank /Wing though gives an attacker some extra rounds to prepare for any incoming damage. Most common tank would indeed be Xnolphod or Bera/Freya if you go deep into the minionsynergy. Yellow though has some excellent ways in Manacontrol, Max-HP Buffs, Minioncounters and even blind and evasion.

3 Likes

This is my Pengi team :slight_smile:

Despite not quite ready ( BT costume not fully levelled, and Pengi not maxed) it wins raids. Best of all I found a purpose for the mostly useless Frosth and Reuben. With Reuben giving a small Minion to BT and himself, and Frosth to everyone, there will often be 7 minions when Pengi fired first time. He gives minions to himself and the neighbours. If he fires second time its game over…

But this team is not invincible, there are bad boards and anti minion heroes. Costumed Gormek, Grimble and Skadi would eat this team, Penolite would shred it to pieces, so there is no danger for a nerf. Pengi is for offense, not for defense. Telluria/Vela were absolutely dominant in defense.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Frosth is not as useless as you might think. Those Minions on fast speed help alot you can even combine them with Vela to reduce incoming damage, while protecting your Team. Mana is just icing on the cake and helps me sometimes to charge Krampus when i simply cannot find a match over 2-3 rounds. I would invest more emblems on him ifylu ask me :slight_smile:

1 Like