Moving rogue emblems

I’m considering moving my rogue emblems off of Scarlett+18 and giving them to my G. Jackals instead. One of them is +7 the other is just about to hit 4/70. My plan was to have one of them go mana/defense and give them a mana troup and the other one health/attack and give him crit. My Scarlett still gets used in red stacks against green tanks(not a lot of those out there) but I generally play 3/2 on offense and find more and more that I don’t bring her, favoring BT and Gormek instead. The G. Jackal pair is amazing often firing multiple times in a battle. When paired with an attack booster and defense debuff as above or Kiril/Grimm they destroy. I take them almost everywhere I go right now. With the mana boost and troop I’ll be able to fire one in just 6 tiles which will be game changing.

I’d appreciate any advice.

May the RNG be with you, always

I would personally just go full offense with Jackal if I had him, as I did with Scarlett; both are similar in the sense that they’re fast glass cannons.

I’ve heard arguments for making him defensive though, so he can survive more hits, since his debuff is more valuable for damage. But idk how well that works. He’s squishy to begin with and I’m doubtful of his survivability… so maybe someone else can chime in there to prove me wrong

1 Like

@IvyTheTerrible, I would appreciate your sage advice if you have a minute

Iv nearly maxed my jackal and I’m going full attack. Have asked some people and majority have said they have gone full defence as he is squishy! But F it … his attack sat at the end is mental!
I always find no matter what he’s the first to get hit! (Or ghost girl if I use her) but still got that lovely tile damage!

1 Like

This was a good read too!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m pretty set on the offense track for both except for the split between mana/defense and health/attack. I guess the real question I’m asking is the idea of resetting a Scarlett+18 and giving them to G. Jackals instead.

If it was me I’d leave them on her! As down the line when you got a yellow reflect in a event at least your scarlet will still be powerful. Or yelllow taken from tournaments!
Also someone else to bring to the emblems journeys so you can get more emblems for your next jackal?

1 Like

I am in the same boat. My Scarlett is +19 and I have 1 Jackal at +7 with another at 4.70. I am leaving the emblems on Scarlett. In 4* raid tourneys she is always in my red stack with BT and Wilbur. With that combo she hits like a truck.

The Jackal 1-2 is very nice though. Been slapping around Kunchen tanks with a Jackal-Joon-Jackal stack.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about this! Like (most) everyone, I favor all attack for Jackal. I took mine to +18. When he lives longer it has more to do with his evading a special than his…ahem…more robust defensive stats. It seems like you’re set on that issue.

As for Scarlett, I’m leaning towards leaving them as long as the following is more or less true:

• She fights against green titans
  • She usually / always makes the field against the admittedly rare green tanks
  • She’s part of a key war team (not just some desperate hail mary late flag)

If that’s mostly true then she presumably is also important in some raid tournaments and events. I think that’s enough value to justify leaving them.

At the least, I would wait for a bit and evaluate the efficacy of your yellow stack as is, without taking emblems from Scarlett. If you’re beating the dark tanks you run into regularly already, then there’s no real need for more emblems in your yellow 3tack.

FWIW, after taking Jackal to +18 I started feeding my Rogue emblems to Scarlett. Though I don’t have a second Jackal. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I have to say yes to all three on Scarlett so I guess she keeps them. I like her, she’s a solid hero. What kills me is charting her attack vs the ramming pulverizers. That 2.15 is so low! My Tibs with no emblems does more damage and Grimm blows her away. Thanks for the sage advice as always @IvyTheTerrible.

1 Like

Restarting the thread … @wineybrit, @IvyTheTerrible
Not really sure what to do with my rogue emblems on Scarlett now that Jackal is +18. See screenshot for my levelled rogues.
Khiona, Marjana and Domitia do not make my defence team, BUT they do get quite a lot of use in raids. titans and wars.
Scarlett is getting less and less use … but I realise her value (have had her from very early days)

So …

• Reset Scarlett and spread emblems around those 3 5*'s - at least one node to Domitia?
  • Keep on Scarlett and continue to add to her?
  • Something else?

Any thoughts? I’m not usually a fan of resetting emblems, but maybe this is a suitable candidate for it?

Is any of those 5s in your war/pvp defense?
If yes push her, if no then not

I wouldn’t reset Scarlett unless you’re using her literally not at all. I assume she’s still on your vs. blue green (you obviously understood I meant that) titan team, so that +10 is valuable there. I know I’ve seen zephyr say they have Ameonna emblemed just for titans and are fine with that usage (though in perhaps a class with fewer viable candidates).

If you do that the next question is what to do with future rogue emblems. You said all three see usage so I think I’d favor whichever you use most in raids (or if one is on a losing raid team more often - they need help!).

I also don’t think Peters is a terrible candidate by any means, though that may be more of a raid tournament / we always fight blue tanks type move.

FWIW I took Jackal and Scarlett to +18, full attack and am now stashing emblems until such time as a high impact rogue joins my roster (currently my next best is…Carver…guess I have Danzburo too now that I think about it). I’d be ecstatic to pull Marjana from my TC20.

1 Like

Thanks @IvyTheTerrible. Generous with your time and advice as always.

I think I will keep the rogue emblems on Scarlett, and even take her to +18 as you have done. I might give Domitia one node first though. I need to think about Peters too as you rightly point out.

Scarlett still gets used now and again. I do bring her to green Titans occasionally, but I can never decide on my best Titan red Stack team with lots to choose from: Marj +1, Zim +7, Mitsy +7, QoH 4/80, Ares 3/70, Scarlett +10, BT +18, Wilbur +7, Flacon +7 and Colen 4/70 — and Miki. So many choices!

I think I have only ever used one reset emblem - and now have 13 in my inventory!

Thanks for being the “voice of reason” in the “Cotumes Update” thread btw … I stayed out of that debate!

Steve

1 Like

I always appreciate your gratitude! I’m happy to help, especially since your questions are invariably interesting and more complex and considered than just, ‘who should I ascend - here’s every hero I have.’ I’m impressed you took the time to cross the non-rogues out of your screenshot (whereas many post screen shots that include feeders - drives me crazy). Effort matters: you showed it in your post so I want to too. Your posts also get me to think about the game in different ways, and I enjoy that.

You have many more viable options to take against a green titan than I do, so it may be a little hard for me to wrap my head around this one. Scarlett is a key for me so it’s probably a bit hard for me to contemplate your situation.

Adding three semi-random thoughts:

1. Like you, I try very hard to NOT use resets. I think I’ve only used one so far, when I found Caedmon was a lateral move in my green 3tack I stripped Buddy to make it rain all over Seshat. I think keeping the resets down is foundational to a good embleming strategy.
  2. I brought up Peters in part because lately I’ve found myself leaning a lot more towards bulking up my four stars. Whether in wars (where they fight +x five stars) or in raid tournaments (where they fight +x four stars where x gets very high), they’re increasingly…whatever the opposite of serviceable is when they have no emblems. Plus four stars are so much cheaper and faster to bring up! Even going, say, +8 to +12 on a chunk of them is a huge assistance for those situations.
  3. Jean-François: can you hold on this decision until you see if you land him? That may give you a different set of options in terms of overall red hero roster and titan team.
1 Like