Mount Umber and Challenge Event at the same time... again

To your point though - it does take away from the event as a lot of us will spend the energy to do the gem and rare quests vs the super special monthly event. I know I’d like to be able to focus on that more so I can get better.

2 Likes

Personally I was very pleased to see another rare quest during the event. I don’t play as much at the moment as I used to, but I have so far completed mount umber, the gems quest, the intermediate tier of the event and i’m at lvl 9 of the advanced tier. To do this I used 1 world flask when I had some extra time to play. By doing this I also gained 1 world energy flask from completing the intermediate tier. There is currently time left on all of these quests, with over 2 days left to go still on the event. As @Revelate said, you have plenty of time to do all 3 tiers and the quests even without using flasks unless perhaps you want to try and be super competitive. In that case you should mostly focus on one tier anyways (i’d think) and expect to burn a couple of flasks.

I don’t see the problem, I’d be very very happy even if they gave us continuous rare quests throughout the event even - we all continuously ask for ascention materials and then there is complaining when you can get them because the timing might not suit you?

4 Likes

Instead of making the rare quest random why not have them on a scheduled basis, say every Sunday. Just make the element of the rare quest random. This will solve alot of issues.

3 Likes

That is an interesting suggestion! I like it!

If you think about it, thats something that they definitely don’t do.
Every single event/titan/offer/advertise is meant to not occur every time at the same hour/day. You never wait 24h to do something, but instead 23h or less.

I guess this is intended to avoid the problem to that people that may work/sleep in that same period everytime.
In the same way if you do an event/quest every time at the same day, people who are not so active that day every time has an unfair handicap.

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter what time it appears since you have 24 hours to finish it. That way everyone has a chance at them. It would be different if it only occurred for one hour at the same time each week. Plus there is no advantage in finishing the rare quest first or last, you still get your rewards.

What they can do is have the rare quest appear every 160 hours or so which works out to 6.67 days.

I think making them irregular could also be meant as an incentive for people to log in regularly to check, but that’s still not a problem. Just set it to be on a random day of the week, once per week, and exclude the 3 days a month that the event takes place (so it happens during one of the remaining 4 days of that week).

I did notice that there are several world energy flasks to be had as prizes in the event. They could also offer a special challenge package featuring flasks. (I think we all appreciate the gem offer, I know I did).

2 Likes

The titans appearing at 23h intervals has to do more with being a global game that spans all the timezones. If it appeared the same time every day, it could favor players in certain timezones based on sleep patterns, etc. 23h means it cycles through starting an hour earlier each day, so it’s the same rotation for everyone.

1 Like

There is one in the store, no? Maybe i was hallucinating but I think I saw some event-specific offer with flasks and battle items.

Just battle items, no flasks… though coincidentally I have the flask package currently too but skipping it hah.

I used fewer flasks to complete Umber / Advanced / Intermediate in a day than I gained for clearing Advanced / Intermediate, so not certain it’s really necessary but I admittedly don’t see the additional energy requirements of a rare quest as being a problem even with the event.

Wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity for Rare quest if there is an event on… and it’s not necessary to do so. If the RNG picks rare during an event, it’s simple enough to defer it (as opposed to cancelling it). Or another suggestion at the end of this post.

To me having them at the same time is an issue. When it’s occurring in my working week, I only can play in the evenings. The Rare quest tiers are expensive, so it actually takes a good 2 sessions (over 2 separate working days in the 24hr window) for me to get through it… leaving me denuded in energy for the event at the end and needing to thus carry that over to the 3rd day. This leaves less time to tackle the event - if you’re having a hard time and need to re-try a few levels you run out of time to do so with no capacity to then carry over to another day to renew world energy).

Do I want to miss a chance for a rare quest to appear because there is an event? No
Do I want a rare quest to appear at the same time as an event? No
Is it possible to satisfy both criteria above? Yes.

(My comment about the Devs because the rare quest appeared at the same time was tongue in cheek - I buy that it was random chance and bad luck that it happened again. While it’s not the end of the world that it happened, it’s simply enough avoided without the players losing out… so Go for it @mhalttu … and thanks for listening to the player base).

Simple idea is to detect if a rare quest occurs at same time as event… and if it does always reward a world energy flask as part of the final prize for that rare quest. That doesn’t alter the odds and solves the problem. Job done.

1 Like

Events are likely always going to be scheduled to overlap the weekend, but I’m never going to understand the complaint I guess.

I would take a rare quest every single day, every single one, if I could… events, titans, other map things to do, don’t care.

Asking them not to spawn at the same time makes little sense to me: there’s plenty of energy to go around and anything which reduces or even delays their frequency is something to be shunned… frankly finishing the rare quest is better rewards when talking long term progression than finishing lower than top 10 in either Advanced or Intermediate.

I don’t think that’s a fantastic design decision which suggests 11-50 or even further should be better rewarded, but that’s the current event at any rate.

2 Likes

So if I understand correctly you have the weekend off, which includes almost another 2 entire days for the event.

Simple idea is to detect if a rare quest occurs at same time as event… and if it does always reward a world energy flask as part of the final prize for that rare quest. That doesn’t alter the odds and solves the problem. Job done.

The ideal part about your solution might be in the order you spend your energy. The intermediate and the advanced tier do exactly this! They give you the energy flask as part of the completion award! :slight_smile: (I assume you’re playing these tiers, as it is only the final stages of the rare quest that cost so much energy and if you can beat those you can complete at least intermediate). So if you can go through one of those first you can get the flask to instantly refill for the quest.

I don’t understand how people are complaining about a lack of energy when we are only halfway through the event? I have completed the gem quest, the rare quest, both the intermediate and the advanced tier so far and actually have gained an extra world energy flask compared to before. We’re only at half the time - no rush :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here! I would never sneeze at badly needed ascension items. There’s more than enough time for both challenges.

1 Like

Well, not necessarily for people who want to compete for higher spots on the events or are simply struggling to complete a tier. That can take buckets of energy :slight_smile:

Making it so that the quest doesnt spawn with the event really doesnt have to mean something is lost. Just spawn the rare quests manually, not like there’s so many of them that it will overwhelm anyone to make a schedule.

1 Like

Good suggestion to try the event first to get the energy flask, but is a bit of a high risk strategy. If I have only limited time to complete the rare quest, and I decide to put the energy in to completing the event for the energy refill, and fail (which is quite possible - it’s a hard encounter), it’s quite possible I then run out of time for the quest.

I’d like to see the energy flask on offer on the rare quest side too.

Why people complain about the conflict in energy:
Well, I’d like the freedom of being able to focus my energy on the event. Sometimes you have to take multiple attempts to beat the higher tier (I did) and at 7 energy a go, this is expensive. Maybe you want to try multiple tiers to max your rewards. Many do. Maybe you want to spend further energy replaying some encounters to improve your score and standing. I intend to.
The point is: The event is there as a special occassion, and I believe that should be the focus of your world energy. The Rare quest dilutes that focus… and really they come around so rarely that you simply have to divert your energy to getting it when you can. This unavoidably means you have to take energy you would have liked to spend on the event and spend it elsewhere… AND have to delay your desire to get stuck in to the event.

If there are easy solutions (and there are) to avoid frustration, then why not. Increasing the number of people who enjoy the game, or reducing the no. of people who get frustrated is good for everyone. The fact that there is a ‘workaround’ that effectively means delayed participation in the event does not remove the frustration.

1 Like

Everyone knows by now that these events are monthly…be proactive, save some energy flasks…I had 3 flasks saved up specifically for the challenge, between them and the flasks you get for completing…I was able to finish quest and challenge in 1 day…it is an interesting coincidence that rare quests have fired during both challenges, but please, keep them coming…

4 Likes

Lol :joy: :joy::joy: (20 characters)

1 Like

@Petri, look through everyone in here who’s bothered by the rare quests spawning at the same time with the event, and during events give them something common like Battle Items I, and have all their rare quest spawn into my account instead.

I promise I will not complain, thank you.:innocent:

3 Likes