Most underrated heroes?

The only place I use my (maxed) Boril, is against red titans. There, I’ll admit he does well.

One of these days I’ll probably max Cyprian for use against yellow titans …

2 Likes

Most of the top notch slow heroes are underrated. Like having to ghost a tile or two is a horrible fate? Really?

I always questionably raise an eyebrow at people who make the wild claim that they dont like slow heroes because when they bring them to battle their fast heroes of the same color go off twice before their slow heroes can go off once. I never call people out when I see this claim but sans mana troops this mathematically doesn’t work out

6 Likes

I agree that Lady Locke is awesome on an offense team. Wait for the right time and melt three enemies. Works great with special event bosses too. On defense - pretty iffy since she can reset her own special back to the beginning. I also use Natalya on offense. Her ability to suffocate an enemy like Azlar and Guinevere gives me some time to build up my specials.

1 Like

Is the conclusion here, maybe, just that every hero has it’s place, somewhere? Half the underrated heroes mentioned here I use regularly in the game. Perseus, for me, on my team, with my roster composition is an A+ for how I use him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have Locke but my alt has Morgan, and she is great in long fights. The key fact your summary skipped is that she regains the HP she drains. Get her going on two targets and she’s very tough to kill. She is often the last hero standing, often with full health. She has absolutely no team synergy, though. If I had only Morgan and Locke to choose between, I think I’d choose Locke.

6 Likes

I am with you. Great work from our north neighbours. They bring bits and bytes to shine.

3 Likes

Oops, totally forgot about her life drain for a moment. :sweat_smile: Thank you!

& Agreed. It doesn’t change a thing, Lady Locke wins [in my book]. That cleanse, DOT, and attack are too important/powerful to overlook for a life-drain; even if it keeps her alive, I want someone to help keep everyone alive :blush:

Get an Alby. He’s so awesome. Saved me in raids and pvp numerous times or maybe I just get lazy and think yeah Alby will rez everyone. Everything will be alright lol

1 Like

I think that’s happening to me as well :sweat_smile:

Now that I have Alby, I’m depending on his revive and mana more than I [feel like I] should. Reminds me of Hel, since she has become a huge crutch for me- I don’t go into any raids without her [even if there are no yellow opponents] because the mana control is so vital, nine times out of ten, for me to win :joy:

It makes me feel like I’m such a horrible player, relying on my heroes almost OP skills to pull a win vs. someone without these heroes. I like the winning, but part of me always feels bad :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Glad I’m not alone in that :grin:

That’s what makes this forum so great; most of the people who spend their time here love this game as much as you or I do :blush:

Preach it, sister! I’ve had Alby since he came out and he’s been a staple on just about every team I’ve used since then. Only now when I’ve recently picked up Tarlak and Wibur have I had to leave him out of my lineup… and I just feel so naked without him!

As far as underrated heroes go - Gretel gets a really bad rap. Mana control is mana control, no matter how much better Hansel is!

2 Likes

You make do with what you got. Lots of heroes that I don’t have that I wish I did with Hel being one of those.

1 Like

You do know how to type something that isn’t more than a paragraph long! -jk

Had to post it, but also had to say I liked the insight on the first post you made. That makes me feel better as a poor player.

1 Like

They are not just the dissipaters, before, to attack Obakan or Boril had to use Sabina, now it’s Wilbur, the shared damage makes the riposte useless in most cases.

Not usually, it is strange that my last post was only a couple of sentences… No worries, I’ll just have to make sure to ramble on several times over to make up for that extremely short reply :wink:

Anyway, thank you :relaxed: I always appreciate feedback, and I’m glad it could help you. So many people focus on chasing the best of the best heroes (I’m definitely guilty of this), that we tend to forget about how incredibly useful the regular 5* are. They serve a great purpose, especially for the F2P and C2P part of the community. Most really aren’t as terrible as they’re portrayed, and can be huge assets to almost everyone, especially for those without any HOTM or event heroes at their disposal. I love my Isarnia, Azlar and Domitia and appreciate their value, even if they get outshined by a few of my other heroes, and still go out of my way to use them because I find them incredibly helpful.

Most to all 5* have a place in the meta, it’s just some are more relevant than others, and that typically correlates with individual playstyle, whether they’re F2P, C2P, P2W, and priorities. Therefore, certain heroes have more value to some, whereas to others, they may not. We are all playing the same game, but not all of us play it the same way. :blush:

2 Likes

Agree with Nat esp vs tanks. She puts Kashhrek right to sleep.

Lady Locke will overwrite herslf, but I find myself either holding fire waiting for Colen/Azlar or I move from aiming at the other flan on second shots.

1 Like

Gretel is very good.

Too naked, I can’t handle the vulnerability of not having him with me for raids. It’s like taking out Wu Kong for titans, it just doesn’t feel right. I always need him as my safety net just in case. When I want to use Tarlak or any other green, I still bring in Alby because I’m too afraid I don’t know how to live without him lol

& I agree. Poor Gretel, always getting outshined by her brother. I imagine they have a pretty heated sibling rivalry going on, and Gretel seems to pull the short end of the stick every time. I feel for her, she can be just as great as her brother; she just needs a little more time to get ready. She’s got such long hair… and those braids… How can anyone judge her for that?! It takes me over an hour to get all dressed up, so I completely understand taking her sweet time with it all. She still kicks *** anyway :smirk:

1 Like

Gretel would probably be considered amazing if Hansel didn’t exist

3 Likes

I completely understand, there are plenty of heroes on my wish list too. I do my best not to fret about what I don’t have though, or else it can drive me crazy. It can be difficult sometimes. Especially with people getting overly excited about specific heroes, or after seeing posts about people pulling them off of one free pull, but you are right- you have to work with what you have. Unfortunately, there aren’t many guarantees in this game, so when you are handed a 5* or an amazing card, it’s cause to celebrate. Even if they aren’t considered great by some, they could be amazing, or even the best, card for you :blush:

2 Likes