Most surprising heroes

There are lists of best and worse heroes, but sometimes you get a gem without expecting it. These are the heroes that bring fun in the game, that shine unexpectedly in your team,…

Advocate for them thus others won’t feed them to others, leave them unlevelled or under-levelled or try them differently than before.

For me these are

• 3* C-Renfield: keeps me smiling when opposing stronger heroes become meet shields
  • 4* Cheshire Cat: use him on titans, but especially nice against impossible tanks who become… useless wings :-p the indispensable poison and yellow def down are nice bonuses
  • 5* Zeline changed how I play, but ain’t a surprise for most of you, therefore I choose Bai Yeong. Not that strong, but when used at the right moment… don’t fear those big attacks, just laugh when they miss or itch your heroes

Thx for joining this topic. I hope to learn a bit from your answers and try different things when I get a new hero instead of immediately checking if they are considered good or bad.

9 Likes

Grimble’s power doesn’t always pan out the way you hope, but when it does it’s a thing of beauty.

5 Likes

Hi, for me, without doubt, it’s Lord Loki. Since he’s maxed, I bring him in every raid attack. His unique ability makes me win a lot of impossible fights. Need a healer ? Copy Vivica or Kunchen. Need huge damages ? Copy Alfrike. Loki can be whatever he wants.

4 Likes

Malosi. I thought he was “meh”, but he’s actually amazing. Time his special right and you can shut down a lot of heroes.

6 Likes

I still can’t understand the special abilities of ninjas…:expressionless:

4 Likes

for me pulling raffaele was abit of a downer. but since im f2p and love pulling duplicates i extended his vision by 6 anyway.
i like bringing him in 2 2 1 as the 1. imo hes the strongest he(ale)r(o) to bring unexpected wins. stone feary gives only crap for 6 turn and vela and mr. baguette having a blast. no problemo for the calm mage, here is your 2nd chance, gg

3 Likes

For me it is Guardian Chameleon. He’s making the shields nuclear bombs. Pair him with Almur or Evelyn and you can literally kill a Hero with one shield. Pair him with Cheshire Cat and change just about everything you can in the defending team :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m going to single out Sumle. Quite often people focus on the 20% chance to miss. Meanwhile that means he’s going to hit 4 out of 5 VERY hard. Pair him with boldtusk and Wilbur for event, and he’s a cold blooded finisher.

8 Likes

Snow White, when timed well she is the most powerful hero in the game but takes a bit to master the synergy

• Noor, because if I was to believe the hype she would have sucked so much that I should have lost every single raid and war hit from June until now where she was included on the team. Instead, she actually helped in those raids where the defense fell into her “extended niche”

• Skadi, because she is much better than her reviews, which were mostly favourable. She allows me to play rainbow vs summoner tanks which is huge

• Zocc, because he is super useful against strong bosses in PVE, blue titans and also in my raid green raid stack. With level 7 emblems and 17 mana troop he is effectively fast and allows me to surgically shut down the most dangerous enemy of any given defense, which is huge. He is very underestimated, perhaps in comparison with Hansel, but as I don’t have Hansel, he rocks.
    Oh almost forgot - he is awesome against ninjas. Tier 1? Let them fire, it will just tickle. Tier 2+? Empty the lot with Zocc (that’s his new slogan)

• Lady Wool - was very “meh” about getting her, but having a fast healer on my all fast yellow stack works wonders. The first heal is the most important so the 2 turn delay is not a huge factor

• Musashi - was also very “meh” about him, but his high tile damage and high overall special damage (1+2) synergies very nicely with C Joon and Mist

• Brynhild - was super “meh” about her, didn’t see the hype. Kind of still don’t, on offense. But on my war defense (only 4* I see in top 100 war defenses, much less at tank) she has more than held her own. In the last war she had 1 OS and 8 flags’ worth of bounces

8 Likes

Not the best hero by far, but I have been surprised by how useful and fun Mad Hatter can be.

4 Likes

Same here, at first I was disappointed when I got him. Lacking yellow 5*'s I was kinda “forced” to use him. He’s been a staple of my attack team ever since saving me countless times, and emblemed him to 19 with no regrets.

2 Likes

Noor, really :rofl:
You should make a thread or something. :sweat_smile::rofl:

5 Likes

brilliant

6 Likes

3* - Sudri. He just looked really meh but since my 3* red team isn’t amazing and I had a couple I levelled them both. Easily managed top 1000 in the first rare event I pushed with them but they needed to be played differently as they are somewhat counter-intuitive as you want a lot of red tiles on the boards which typically you don’t do when running the events. But coupled with C.Hawkmoon I get him singing and then suddenly it was “wow!”. First couple of plays I just wasn’t getting it and he just looked terrible in offence. So it was a surprise when I got them to click for sure.

4* - Merlin - I didn’t do anything with Merlin for ages. I have 2 Proteus already so why would I want another mana controller??? Well I decided to level him as I was inbetween 5* and then using him it was a bit of a revelation tbh. He was awesome and rather than working against Proteus I was able to get them both working together. Merlin is why I also love Zocc. The ability to get them to fully drain the mana pot…awesome stuff.

5* - Someone has already said my beloved Chameleon so I’ll go with post-buff Khagan. If you told me 1 year ago I’d give 6 rings to Khagan I’d have laughed at you. But that buff…wow! If you can play with with Wilbur and Guardian Falcon as well it’s seriously insane the damage he can land. And then the mana boost he gives starts to actually help too. A great example of how an S1 hero that had no love can be given a second and very surprising life

4 Likes

Being newer I only have one 5 star . Isarnia takes forever to get ready but when she is ready to go out her damage and defense down is awesome . I have hu Tao and when he hits after her it’s a powerful rip thru all the heroes .

1 Like

For me, its that boobsie trap of a hero from Atlantis, Danzaburo. Emblemed mine to +19, all swords path and let his rogue talent kick in when targeted by the enemy specials. You felt trapped when his Freeze activates. And you felt a sense of calm when his Bottle kicks in. But when his Swords is on, no epic hero deals 255% damage to all enemies on average mana and at the same time give them -54% accuracy for 3 turns. As far as I know, that blind is only second to Bai Yeong.

I sometimes use him with my monoyellow led by my Guardian Gazelle in order to eliminate the threat of his Freeze the same way to neutralize Lady Woolerton’s self-ailment of mana freeze. Results are amazing. He only not deal more damage as well as bulkier, he blinds all enemies to a significant factor.

5 Likes

I cannot be further from you in opnion on this one. I used to use him in my mono yellow and couldn’t stand his unreliability. I replaced him with Leo as soon as I had Leo available (who himself was underwhelming and was replaced with Musashi).

With Gazelle I can see the potential… although even if I miraculously got her one day my hatred of Danza is so deep-seeded that he will still not see the light of day. The only reason I keep him on the bench instead of feeding him is to remind myself of the dark days that I toiled through to get where I am now

There’s a YouTube vid with several of dupes of him on the same attacking team. It was exciting,if I may so say. If one failed, 3-4 more others may hit the jackpot :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t call him surprising…everybody wanted him when he appeared less than a month ago exactly for what you described.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings