Most number of tiles of one colour without forming a 3 or more match?

Just encountered this long snake of yellows

4 Likes

:joy: I just came out of a board that was just like that with the yellows being green instead for a red monster board! Craaaaaazy!

1 Like

Oh, c’mon. There are like 7 tiles on that board that could have also been yellow without a match. You’re clearly not trying hard enough. :roll_eyes:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Here’s the 3-match rejection probability of generated boards given the number of tiles of one color:

Less than 2% of boards generated with 15 tiles of one color don’t have a starting 3-match, and they’re pretty rarely generated to begin with. That board is about a 1-in-7000 occurrence. Pretty sweet!

4 Likes

always in a map level and never a titan :frowning:

5 Likes

Wow @Winters1’ (Professor) Layton-esque puzzle solving abilities and @Garanwyn’s famous stat powers are coming to the fore, very impressive

4 Likes

Symetrical asf image

2 Likes

Nice symetry. I bet that autocombat AI would make horizontal match of 3 yellows in the top row and waste the diamond chance…

1 Like

Probably match the three blue in top left, causing a ricochet of three by three yellows (no diamond) …

I wonder what the odds are of only getting a starting board with 2 colors in that arrangement?

Better odds of winning the powerball 50 times in a row?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Garanwyn this looks like a question you’d enjoy. (See above post from @KLinMayhem)

lol I’m sure the code doesn’t even allow it.

You could be right. They may reject certain sorts of boards in addition to those with starting matches.

1 in 2.9x10^23

To put that in perspective, if you generated a million boards a second, you’d expect to see a two color version of that every 9,000 years or so.

4 Likes

4 Likes