🕵 Morris – S4 Hero – 3* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Morris!

:bar_chart: Stats

Morris

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon_with_face:
Dark/ Purple
Fighter
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
A
Average
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
:hourglass: Ability: Decrease Ailment Duration – Duration of the first 3 status ailments this hero receives from Special Skills is decreased by 1 turn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dig a Hole
  • Removes all status effects and stacks from the caster. Removes even those status effects and stacks that are otherwise undispellable or uncleansable.
  • Caster digs a hole and hides in it for 2 turns.
  • While in the hole, the caster can’t gain mana, but is immune to normal attacks, special attacks and all status effects.
  • After 2 turns, the caster jumps out from the hole and deals 223 damage to a random enemy.
  • The hit enemy can’t gain mana for 2 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 25 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Morris from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Morris?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Morris.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Morris and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Morris worth summoning for?

• Would you use Morris on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Morris?

• What heroes would you take when facing Morris as an opponent?

• Would you give Morris Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Morris’ special?

• What do you think of Morris’ character design?

• If you Summoned Morris and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Morris and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Morris when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Morris, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Morris (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Morris), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Rare Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Morris.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, you’ll get Morris by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Morris by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Morris by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people won’t get Morris by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldn’t get Morris.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Morris by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Morris.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Feedback Poll - Morris (post release)

:question: Is Morris worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Morris compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Morris’ Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Morris’ Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (delayed)
  • Mana Blocker

0 voters

:question: Is Morris worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Morris is best used (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Morris will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I Pulled him 4 times in a 10 pull.
I’m wondering what Will happen if you have 5 of him and they are all hidden at the same moment.
I assume they just Will ghost everything and attackers still proceed with attacking?

1 Like

I got 2 of him on my 10 pull. I was originally planning on feeding one away, but I kinda like your idea of having multiple.

I really only see him being used in raid tournaments as a mana blocker. I’m not sure he’s worthy of emblems as I don’t see him on defense and his event use is limited by both his damage delay and Dark not being a common rare event strategy. I’ll revisit in a few months to see if I use him at all.

I pulled 2 of Morris in my 10-pull. Fed 1 away already. I won’t ever use him in tourneys unless he gets a few emblems, so not sure he’s even going to get leveled. Will park him on the bench next to Vlad for the time being…

2 Likes

Got 4 in a 30-pull. Looks pretty worthless to me.

1 Like

Got 5 in 40 pulls

Think I need to get rid of 4 for roster space.

Can‘t imagine it’s worth buying additional space to eventually make a fun team.

Would anyone hold me from feeding them away?

Morris wins the title over Gill-Ra as “The Hero I’d most Not Want to Wake Up Next To”
That said, pulled 3 but will keep 1 for an all S4 3* tournament.

1 Like

I’ve pulled 6 in 20 pulls. Six!!

Think I’ll keep one. Hard to see where he comes in. Skill description reads like he was the last hero to do and everyone was tired and wanted to go home.

5 Likes

Morris does seem rather pointless. :frowning:

1 Like

"…digs a hole and hides in it… "

What players who bought gems and pulled the fat miner do.

5 Likes

I’ve kept one. He could be fun. Possibly a hidden gem.

An absolutely fun hero. Should be quite fun and annoying to play with and against.

1 Like

I’ll be levelling him just to see the special skill animation! It’d better be good…

1 Like

Meh, I just fed all of mine away. Not worth it IMO. If he was a 3* russula he would be worth keeping at least 1 copy

There are plenty of holes in this game. Having a hero that digs them doesn’t add to the joy :rofl:

1 Like

I ran five unleveled against 8-7 and ALMOST won. Was down to the last hit for either of us. The animation is funny and I could see how timing the dig would be helpful to avoid enemy specials.

Example: 3 of 5 enemies almost ready to proc. Fire your Morris or Morrisses and dump tiles into those three and the other two. Specials miss. Morris jumps out and stalls enemy mana.

So you turn the fight into a slash fest.

2 Likes

It says he does 223 damage. Is that supposed to be 223% damage or is it just a flat damage of 223 points?

It‘s not supposed to be % but a straight ammount.
However, I saw him act on Defense at Lvl 1.
At that Level the figure on the card reads 87.
Damage caused was 129.

Most likely it is impacted by Troop bonus plus potentially a bonus for the Defense.

In my example that would work out.
Troop in the Test had +24%. Add +20% for acting from Def and you are almost at 129

Actually interesting. Anyone more data / insight?

1 Like

I won’t stop you. I did a single coin pull, got Morris. I fed him away. I’m sure I’ll get a dozen more in the next pulls. He’s the dawa from S4.

1 Like

Cookie Settings