More useful, Proteus or Wilbur?

Hello fellow E & P-ers. Atlantis was kind and gave me both heroes I really wanted, Proteus and Wilbur. I’m going to start working on both of them right after I max Tiburtus and Mits, both in the home stretch.

Do you find one more useful than the other? I was so excited to get Merlin and even maxed I’m underwhelmed with him. I don’t have anything that compares to Wilbur.

Which should I focus on more to use in quests and season two, I’m one level from facing Ursena (Hard mode.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Wilbur is the most useful 4* in the game in my opinion

The only 4* that can increase survivability and damage at the same time by the amount he does in each category

6 Likes

For quests and Ursena I would prefer Proteus (if I had him). His mana control is aces. Wilbur excels against Titans and against heroes that buff all and/or share damage (like Wilbur)

3 Likes

There you go, just level both! Problem solved.

8 Likes

Very helpful, thanks!

1 Like

Seems like it. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

It probably depends a lot on your preferred play style which you would prefer. Since I only have Wilbur (and do love using him) I can only speak from facing against Proteus that I really wish I had him. He has stopped me dead generating mana so many times.

2 Likes

Good Point. I know he’d really help my scores and survivability in Titan battles. But mana control facing the final bosses seems really priceless. Two good problems to have

2 Likes

Hi,
I have both maxed. I regular play (maps, events, raids, titans) i use Wilbur a lot with Kiril or Boldtusk.
On strong bosses or teams i add Proteus.
In your case, your immediate need would be Proteus.
If you can just max them both and then go fry Ursa.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Have both, and use both A LOT. For raiding I use Proteus more. He and Rigard typically make up the “2” portion of a general 3-2 team. Sometimes I run 2 of Proteus even. Meanwhile Wilbur is situational for me and you wont need more than 1 in a team.

However for Titans, Wilbur is in almost all my teams.

So yes, do level both! As stated, my roster has 2 of Proteus, and I’m levelling a second Wilbur for War.

4 Likes

I say level both of them, since they aren’t the same element or class. They are both extremely useful. Proteus for his mana stop and Wilbur because of his simultaneous increase in survivability for your team and debuffing the enemy team. Both will serve you well.

2 Likes

Another vote for both - i use both all the time but they, especially proteus, need emblems to survive at higher levels

1 Like

You’ll level both, but Wilbur will be more useful if your immediate need is finishing season two. Assuming you have Boldtusk and Scarlett or someone, you’ll have the ready makings of stackable reds. But some raid defenses Wilbur is a bad idea, so expect Proteus to contribute a little more there. Also, Wilbur has an annoying habit in raid tournaments, if you fail the raid, of clearing zero heroes instead of four, which ruins your score.

1 Like

I’ve had Proteus a little while and his mana stop has been invaluable, especially in events against final bosses. I don’t have the strongest of teams but if he died there was no hope. I agree with a comment above about teaming with Rigard, this is a setup I use and works well. Was lucky enough to get Wilbur in this atlantis and look forward to levelling him after reading the comments above.

4 Likes

@Kaerro When you emblem Proteus, go down the defense/health path as that combined with a 3 star defense troop or a 4 star crit troop will increase his survivability by a lot.

4 Likes

@Aunty_Krauser thanks for the top tip I really appreciate it. Just patiently waiting for trap tools so I can ascend and emblem following your advice. I’ve enjoyed having him in my team so far so I’m eager to get some emblems on him.

1 Like

I only have Proteus, and he has been the single biggest contributor to my raid, war, and event performance. He’s so useful that he is in 95% of my raid offense teams, often as the 2 in my 3/2 stack with Seshat or Sabina.

I’m 4* Raid tournaments, especially Bloody Battle, I like using double Proteus. As soon as the skill of one runs out, I fire off the other. or if the board looks bad, I use both and block the entire enemy lineup so I can clear bad tiles off the board.

4 Likes

@Kaerro Yeah, I take Proteus into every possible fight. Unless dark is reflected then I don’t. I even took him against the Dark Lord and he only fires once. And the one time he fired he missed because of Hu Tao’s blinding. I am hoping we get a few more mana stop heroes in season 3 because having only two heroes with mana stop and the way rng is for everyone, makes getting either one challenging. Proteus is the only one of the two mana stop heroes readily available, the other is an old HoTM. I was lucky enough to pull him when I did though. And I am loving it.

1 Like

What do you think about Proteus for Defence?

1 Like

He holds pretty good on my defense team. Keeps me in high Platinum. I also just received Wilbur (x2) and will be leveling him after my newly acquired Boldtusk.

2 Likes