Green
Yellow
Purple
Raid
Titan
Grind
Work in Progress

10 teams

From OPā€™s question, I didnā€™t think he was talking about the team slots, but an actual 7th team of heroes. In regards to ToL, just use heroplan.io to plan out your teams. I use the war teams tab on heroplan as well (even tho itā€™s not like I will forget which heroes I use for each of my war teams).

Regarding team slots, whatā€™s wrong with default 5 teams? Sure it might take a few extra seconds to switch the heroes on a team but Iā€™d rather use the extra gems to expand my hero roster capacity. I switch my raid team composition depending on the opponent Iā€™m facing anyways and I change my titan team depending on the titan color.

My team slots are: Hold The Line (defense), Aggro (raid), Attack on Titan (titan), Yellow Brick Road (Campaign), Hyperbolic Time Chamber (heroes Iā€™m leveling).

3 Likes

Basically as time goes on, remembering the long play element of Empires, youā€™ll get better heroes than whom who initially had access to. That doesnā€™t mean if one replaces Cyprianā€™s spot on their team with Merlin that Cyp is then useless. There might be occasions where Cypā€™s power works really well, like against a powerful boss who kills himself on Cypā€™s counterattack. Just one example but eventually youā€™ll have many teams and many ways to set them up. Useful for legends, wars, titans, events, everything really allowing you more customization for the enemies you are facing.

The right tool for the right job :slight_smile:

I went hog wild with team(15) id did allow me to organize but as but rooster got deeper it was more difficult. an attack, an anti0Telly, def, S3, Titan(Wu, Wilber + 3 app color) is all one really needs. No that the rooster is searchable the 15 is overkill but that wass started when there was not search ability

1 Like

I found out today 15 is the max you can have for teams.

1 is my main defense team
2-6 are my war teams
7-10 are my additional tavern teams
11-15 are my mono titan teams.

I went to 10 from 6 when tavern started then I did 11 a month ago to have a separate titan team so I didnā€™t mess up my defense team and get rinsed on raids overnight. Then today I realized I was forgetting to use guardian jackal and stuff so I just sat down and did a complete analysis on my roster and built my ideal titan mono or 4+1 teams with Tarlak. Itā€™s also helping me keep an eye on who to level next. The first 10 teams are all totally unique heros but of course the titan teams overlap.

I like pulling up as many as I can so itā€™s easier to see whoā€™s food quickly, but Iā€™d need more teams to sort everyone Iā€™m keeping out, and of course 15 is the limit as Iā€™ve learnedā€¦

1 Like

I got 8 teams, here how i arrange them for quick access

1. Raid team no.1 (versatile heroes that can be used for almost any opponents)

2. Raid team against telluria tank (dominate by 3 or 4 red dedicated to destroy telluria tank)

3. Raid team testing (usually i place new hero here or different combination for testing purpose on how the heroes i am not too familiar with perform on raid)

4. Titan team

5. Farming easy (AoE heroes of every colors)

6. Farming medium (1 healer, 2 AoE, 2 Sniper)

7. Farming hard (2 healer, 1 riposte, 2 sniper)

8. Defense team

Leveling with 2*+
Leveling with 1*
Raid defense
Farming
Titan
Raid attack 1
Raid attack 2
Wildcard (used mostly for raiding where my main 2 raiding teams arenā€™t ideal)

I have 8 team (prolly because I was too cheap to buy more)ā€¦ :grin:

I arrange them:

• Blue (Titan)
  • Red (Titan)
  • Green (Titan)
  • Yellow (Titan)
  • Purple (Titan)
  • Raid Attack
  • Raid Defense
  • ā€œBabiesā€ (to be leveled)

Typically my teams on titans do not change, so I have those set up permanently at 4/1 (I donā€™t like mono). I can also use the on provinces, events, etc, as I please, but am more likely to switch to my Raid Attack team:

Raid Attack usually changes with every match (I also use for War, and switch things out for every team I face); this becomes a mere placeholder for ā€œwhatever Iā€™m going to useā€. This team sees the most use outside my titan teams.

Raid Defense rarely changes. Alas.

Babies is the few heroes Iā€™m leveling. Nuff said. :wink:

I think players can use as few or as many teams as they are personally comfortable with. Whatever setup feels right to you and makes it easy for you to play the game. :+1::wink:

1 Like

Something that hasnā€™t been mentioned, is that itā€™s useful to have Team 1 be the leveling/training team, so that itā€™s easy to find the ones youā€™re working on to feed. Especially if youā€™re feeding early in the morning while the coffeeā€™s brewing. To keep from feeding the wrong dupe. Ask me how I know. More than once :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The bad thing about making Team 1 the feeding team is it really screws up the sort by power. I wish sort by power ignored the teams, or better yet if it could be toggled.

I also have my tower defense at the end (which for me is Team 6). To keep from accidentally messing with it.

I would buy 1 or 2 more slots if I wasnā€™t so cheap :rofl:

I have a total of 11 teams locked in:

1. Current Levelling Heroes

2. Blue Stack Team (for red tank raids)

3. Purple stack team (for yellow tanks in raids)

4. Yellow stack team (for purple tank raids)

5. Green stack team (for blue tank raids)

6. Red stack team (for green tank raids, not Telluria)

7. Telluria Killing Squad

8. Map Auto-Farming AOE heroes

9. Rainbow Squad (for S3 map auto-play progress & fun raids)

10. Titan Team

11. Defence Squad.

Main reason for so many teams is that Iā€™m lazy & this means I donā€™t have to adjust or change teamsā€¦ like ever.

1 Like

I really appreciate everyone giving me the advice. Now itā€™s time to untangle it to fit me.

Sorry it took awhile to reply, it wouldnā€™t let me due to me being a new poster and then it just kept not letting me lol

1 Like

I have 7 teams. Team 1 is my main team for map stages and raids. Team 2 thru 6 are heroes being leveled up. Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green and Red. So I donā€™t have to scroll. Team 7 is my titan team. Team 1 and 7 have to be modified each time to suit the opponent.

Team one is for raiding/titans/maps/ Team 2 is for Raid Def. Then 5 teams for all my extra heros of each color. Finally 1 team of my next heros to level. So 8 total. No heros is set to other teams except 1 which is as needed.