With all of the criticism that SG is copping over their recent attempts to adjust the game, whether it’s balancing heroes or taking 2+ years to release a White Elephant Academy, I feel that there’s an easy way for them to win back the player base.
Namely, more pop-ups in the game.
ATM we barely have 4-5 pop-ups every time we log in and then sporadically there are another 4-5 while we are navigating to various parts of our base.
This is nowhere enough!
Having many more not only keeps us better informed, but it’s the most effective QoL improvement that can be made.
I’ll get the ball rolling with suggestions. First, the obvious ones:
Pop-ups that flag:
- Hams are ready to collect
- Ditto for iron
- Silver summons available
- Ditto for EHT and ETT
- Recruits available
- Ditto for training camp heroes (separate ones for each TC)
- Mystic vision ready to play
- Titan hits available
- Ditto for War
- Titan approaching / Ditto for AW
- Titan about to escape
- AW about to end
- Crafting items ready for collection
- Ditto for HL
- Alchemy Lab - scratch that, no-one is using it
- Building complete (separate ones for each builder)
- VIP pass expiring / at least 15 days out, twice per day
I’m sure I’ve missed many obvious ones, but moving onto the less obvious, but still highly desirable:
- Titan countdown - after one is defeated, there should be notifications every 15 minutes telling us how long until the next one is appearing
- Ditto for AW
- Ditto ditto for events / tourneys / PoV / ToL
- Ducks about to fly over base
- Ditto for dragon
- Villager is lonely and needs to be tapped
- Every milestone approaching - raid amounts, titans defeated etc. Twice a day is sufficient
- Progress on all leaderboards - up and down
- Count on days / hours that a hero has spent waiting for AM - 3/60 and 3/70 - twice daily
- Progressive count - up & down - on all ascension materials
- Ditto crafting materials
- Ditto ditto Battle items
- Amount of WE, Raid, Titan flasks available
- Ditto gems, coins etc
- Amounts of food and iron available - up and down
- Ditto for recruits
- Historic comparisons - comparing achievements to those from yesterday, last week, year
- Ditto for each date (e.g. “On June 15, 2019, you achieved the following…”)
Finally, while all of the above are important, and would put my mind at ease, there’s one that’s an absolute must:
- Pop-ups telling us when every pop-up is about to appear
Not including more pop-ups in game could well be SG’s greatest lost opportunity.
I’m sure I’ve missed many. Please help your fellow players improve their enjoyment of the game by suggesting more.