First some general points about the info given from defensive battles:
You get info about:
• who attacked you and when.
• amount of cups lost or won
• When clicking on the player that attacked, you also get info about the players current amount of cups and their defensive team.
This means you can’t actually see what team was used to attack you.
This also means that you get a false representation why the attacker won/lost he amount of cups they did. This is mostly important to point out since I see lots of confusion from players thinking they lost lots of cups to someone above them. The truth is that the player was beneath you when the attack occurred but has since then climbed up above you, either through wining more cups or you losing.
What you don’t get info about:
• as mentioned above, you don’t get info about the actual team used to win against you.
• you don’t get to watch the battle, i.e you don’t get info about tactics used.
The list above can of course be made endless, with comical effect “you don’t get info about current weather” and so on (just trying to stay ahead of some commentators…).
Is this good or bad? I would love to know more of the team and tactics used when breaking, or failing, my defences but I can also see a point it being more of a guessing game. More mysterious if you will. I tend to chase the math and logic behind a game but when finding it I will see how I’m just trapped in an endless loop by the devs and lose interest.