More evidence for broken Alliance War Score algorithm ... post-update

And worse War loot chest, since you lose participation during the period while your alts are tanking things.

I guess the interesting question to me is not whether the exploit is possible, but how probable is it? The game is big enough that someone is probably trying it But if there are 6 alliances doing it, total, I’d be shocked.

It certainly is not the probable explanation for the OP’s experience.

And the same type of mismatch continues for Guardians Ascending (GA)… now 5 out of 7 of all recent wars
Latest opponent: Swiss solothurn army (SSA)
HIGHEST DEFENCE POWER player: GA 3507 ; SSA 3802
Power of no. 15 player: GA 2720 ; SSA 3156
Bizarrely the SSA trophy score is significantly lower than that of GA.
And no, they are not a new guild. Their leader joined 365 days ago and their weakest player 64 days ago.

Please post the War Scores of each team (visible in the detail pop-up under ? By the alliance score) and, when revealed, the number of participants.

@bedu. i guess these are the 2 alliances involved. If it’s correct, your opponent has a lower war score than yours

Though that difference is insignificant - a few percentage points difference.

Translation (Spanish): Hello greetings, the game seems to me sensational and I’ve been playing more 6 months … but I have a complaint and a disagreement at the time of the wars … since they always match us with alliances far superior to mine … “eye to elbow …” what I ask that wars be more equitable than that there inequality … my people are very unmotivated … I make a way to evaluate the matches and the most coherent in that part … Thank you keep improving.

@Kor1sco … Correct, the opponents had a lower war score. That is exactly my point. As I posted previously, their defence teams were significantly higher power. So why a lower war score?

In fact, why even a match?

i believe you know your teammates roster. Are there many 5 star heroes even if they are not developed?
criteria for war matching are:
Top 30 heroes with emphasis in the 5 most powerful
Top troops
Previous wars history

From what I read in the forum the algorithm gets better the higher the war score, though from experience in my ally lack of strategy was the main cause for defeat.
Selecting same color tank, defining targets and not attacking same target twice led us to victory more often.

@Kerridoc, am i missing something here?

How many players were opted in from each side? There is penalty applied to the war score of a team with more players

Also, when were the images taken, before the war or after? If not directly before matchmaking the scores dont mean much, as people could have opted out right after matchmaking started.

i took those images after he posted so I assume after the matchmaking

Your list seems comprehensive. Not sure how the match occurred if it is as unbalanced as it appears. Perhaps @mhalttu can look under the hood.

So it may not be what was used for match making.

@General_Confusion I flagged your post inadvertently. So sorry! But I do have a question about part of it. How could someone take a shot of the opposing alliance info before matching begins?

The next match for Guardians Ascending is available. The GA war score is 178088. That of their opponents, Celtic Revenge (CR) is 175151, so clearly GA should be the stronger team. Oddly the titan scores show the opposite … 39193 vs 43014. So what do the respective defence teams look like?

The GA number 1 power is within a few points of the CR number 10. Here are the top 10 from each team:

CR: 4024, 3690, 3438, 3924, 3470, 3324, 3738, 3400, 3209, 3428

GA: 3437, 3478, 3509, 3464, 3466, 3299, 3159, 3291, 3158, 3109

The suggestion was made above that these teams, which make up half of the war combatant teams, do not reflect the relative war scores, because the “attack half” of the GA’s lower defence component more than makes up for this defence weakness by having a battery of 5*s in their 30 heroes, OR the CR with its much stronger defence half, has a way weaker attack component than GA. How likely is such a contrast?

great question…which is why I go back to @Rigs comment that we should be able to see the scores used for matchmaking, so we can understand and either explain or flag things we can’t explain. I can understand SG not wanting to expose too much, but the publicly available war score used for matchmaking should be viewable throughout the duration of the war.

1 Like

Defense Team scores for the next Alliance War

Us Them

4090 4006
3938 3935
3912 3826
3594 3713
3543 3707
3453 3672
3443 3651
3433 3577
3432 3560
3426 3527
3415 3464
3112 3459
3085 3442
3074 3424
3031 3372
2990 3300
2934 3240
2813 3120
2761 2773
2733 2643
2669 2635
2655 2602
2587 2601
2471 2579
2280 2479
2186 2355

We have 27 members, they have 26.

After the first three, which are fairly comparable, ours drops off faster than theirs. They have an advantage through 4-18, which would indicate that we would likely lose, but probably close. Yet our Alliance War score is higher than theirs: 186414 to 185578 (not a significant difference).

I know from previous wars that our participation is generally around 18 members. I haven’t tracked that so I don’t know which 18. Until I know which opposing members are participating compared to our participating members any comparison of Defense scores is meaningless.

Once the war starts I’ll post a new comparison of participants.

1 Like

The s̶c̶o̶r̶e̶s̶ team powers are so close that it’ll totally depend on the details of those low-end benches. My guess is the discount to the other alliance because you have an extra team is going to hurt you. The problem is, those extra flags are effectively always for the lowest TP player, which generally doesn’t add much to the war effort.

1 Like

Ok duh I can check my alliance participants in the battlefield. Senior moment.

Our top 10 participate, after that is 50/50.

1 Like

My whole point in that convoluted message is that comparing defense scores for war is meaningless since we don’t know if they are participating or not in the war. Unless you have a full alliance with all 30 participants you are never going to know until the war actually starts. Then you can make comparisons. Fully 1/3 of our alliance doesn’t participate at all; one of them is I believe in top 6 for cups even with a lower defense than 10 other members. Active raider and apparently good at it but not active in wars (which we are all fine with btw).

And, is the discount based on alliance members or participating members? We’ve had wars where we had more members but one less participant.

1 Like

Sorry. In that post, “scores” was supposed to read Team Power.

1 Like

Cookie Settings