Moral Ethical Question re:Server Down Episodes

@zephyr1, @Rook etc… This is a moderator/developer question. I have been online the past two (three?) times the server has been down. Once I submitted a ticket because I was mid-battle and lost resources. The other time I was doing upgrades & leveling heroes. I didn’t submit a ticket because it didn’t “hurt” as much, but it did cut into my budgeted game time (prone to game addiction so don’t want family to do an intervention & have to delete the game!!!)

Do most people submit a ticket if it’s just an annoyance? Maybe commonplace behavior isn’t quite my question: Just wondering the right thing to do… Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I’d submit a ticket. My entire alliance lost out on a rare titan win due to no one being able to log on. I kniw issues happen, but…

1 Like

If it affected you, and you were “injured” in some way, I would send a ticket.

Personally, I had completed Wonderland, spent all my flags on my Titan, wasn’t currently in war, didn’t lose any items, etc, so for me, it was an annoyance, but not a big deal: no ticket.

(I might have felt differently if my alliance was in the last 30 minutes of a rare Titan, racing to kill it when the system went down. Honestly it’s going to be different for different folks.)

5 Likes

@Rook pretty much covered my point of view on this — if you were affected or inconvenienced, by all means submit a ticket.

And if you were like me, and coincidentally farmed before the outage, lost no overflow of flags, had nothing urgent to do in-game and lost nothing — other than a touch of sanity merging Forum threads (:wink:) — then probably no need for a ticket. :slight_smile:

But in your case, it sounds like you were affected, even if it was less directly than being right in the middle of something in the game during the outage.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!!! You voiced what I was thinking…So I will probably continue with giving some randomness back to the game & submit tickets depending on how hard I want to work at it… Usually I’d rather spend my time doing things with more immediate gratification! :slight_smile: :heart_decoration:

1 Like

I’m only saying zynga… i mean sg should not cherry pick… either everyone gets comped or no one.

Last time they gave compensation according to the specific losses of each player. I actually thought that was a very fair approach.

2 Likes

Meh… The outage before this one I was unable to log on and got bupkis as according to them I was not directly affected. As I had set an alarm to fill a chest I would say I was VERY inconvenienced. And got nothing. Hence cherry picking who gets what.

Seems like maybe they should have thrown everyone a WE flask in addition to the specific compensation items. I just said as much in another thread.

1 Like

Would have the edge off at zero cost to zynga… I mean small giant.

Anyways I apologize for the snark. It’s been a day dealing with cheesed off alliance members due to outage among other things I am hearing about that have me annoyed with the direction the new owners are/have been taking with this game I dearly love.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say you’re not alone in your concerns…

3 Likes

Cookie Settings