Monthly "Quick Reference" - Can I get your thoughts?

I have been playing around with creating a monthly cheat sheet of sorts. The idea is to collect useful info for that month’s event/quest/heroes etc on a single page that would serve as the B-side to the monthly calendar. To stay within forum guidelines, I am only including information from the Beta Beat thread for unreleased heroes (so no leaked art) with the caveat that it could change.

I have created a draft of what it would look like for August.

Draft One

Draft Two - The slightly revised Monthly Quick Reference

Thank you all for the feedback and support :smiley:

36 Likes

As an fyi, SGG has told us that it’s okay to use the thumbnail images. These recently have been available until the PoV.

3 Likes

Yes I think it would be helpful as a b-side to calendars. But I think the real question is, "Are you willing to dedicate the time and energy it takes to supply that detailed info every month? Along with the missing info that I think you mean is, monster & boss stages. I’m asking because it looks like a lot of work, but I know it will be appreciated especially by newbies. I think the advanced prep time for who to expect in rare quests and trials will be vital. That’s my 2 cents and thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

Great job, and I do think a lot of people in the community will appreciate it!

That being said, I second @CaramelloQueen222 and would maybe suggest that it could be a good idea to share the workload in case you find it became too much of a commitment. Just tag moderators if you find that’s the case, I’m sure they’ll be able to point you to the right folks.

Regardless, it’s great to see new resources being created by players for players, and I really commend and thank you for that

2 Likes

@VeryQuietly I am setting this thread to Watching. Keep it up.

Nice work. Looks pretty useful in pulling it all together in one sheet rather than going to find it elsewhere in the forum or in albums etc.
It’s a yes from me if someone is going to have it as the flip side on the monthly calendar.
Thanks and good job

1 Like

Nice cheat sheet, thx :slight_smile:

Can I suggest we don’t call it a cheat sheet to avoid unnecessary flags? Maybe a monthly guide?

12 Likes

This is very neat work, @VeryQuietly! Yes - This “Monthly Guide” can be a nice ‘B-side’ to the monthly Calendar since most of this information is frequently referred to by many players -new and experienced together.

I’m not good with editing images. So, I can’t help you with this.

But I see that this can be made into a template that can be replicated in batches to reduce monthly workload. This is what I was thinking:

I see that there are 13 different images in that sheet. Out of them 9 seem to be pretty fixed in nature w.r.t. the data in them.

The remaining 4 are the ones in the four corners. Starting from top right corner and going clockwise:

• Atlantis featured hero list
  • Challenge Event guide
  • Valhalla featured hero details
  • HOTM details

For the first one, we have the predictions on the forum which can be used as source of data.
For the second, we know the challenge event rotation and so the appropriate guide that goes
For the fourth, we have the beta threads that clearly tell with HOTM is going to be released for which month. So, info comes from there.
For the third, I’m not sure. I think @Guvnor said somewhere that Valhalla new heroes are released in the same order they were introduced in beta? Maybe some beta tester can provide you the release predictions for each month?

I think maybe if you share this workload with someone else who is willing to take it up, you can create a bulk of calendars (at least till the Valhalla heroes data is available) by appropriately replacing the four corner images. These templates can then be easily modified and released every month.

In fact, once the featured hero order for Valhalla becomes evident (after all the S3 heroes are released)… then you can may be just go ahead and create these monthly guide templates easily for 6-7 months or more in a single-go. They only changes required to them would be the HOTM info that needs to be verified and updated before release of the guide.

Really liked the effort you put into this. Thought I’d share my views on how you can reduce your effort in this endeavour. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great work, man. Thank you so much for putting in so much effort for providing this to the community. Much appreciated!!

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing this Monthly Guide on a regular basis.

Cheers!! :beers:

5 Likes

I was going to suggest the same thing. I think it should be called Monthly Guide or The E&P express…lol…I do like it though. Very helpful.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to copy unnecessary from previous post…sorry

1 Like

Could be very useful; $ per gem equivalent not so much as a good portion of the community are not based in the US and relative values Change depending on exchange rates.

Other than that it would save me a good portion of my time curating the E&P info out there to give the good stuff to my alliance…

That’s funny because I initially thought there may be an issue with the cost being in dollars; however the relative cost should still be the same, so the comparative value of which deal works best for an individual is still accurate.

The absolute value will be different per country/currency.

Just my two rupees though :grin:

1 Like

I also like it! I’d definitely use and appreciate it. Agree with others on the naming though. Maybe ‘Quick Reference’? If I hadn’t seen this sneak peek, ‘Monthly Guide’ wouldn’t catch my attention, but ‘Quick Reference’ would. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

:laughing: You noticed the drag and drop strategy! Yes, I have this set up in such a way that I could make them relatively quickly. I actually started with a draft for September, but decided to mock up Aug for this discussion. Made Aug in about 10 min now that I have the template.

2 Likes

@VeryQuietly Would you like me to change the title to “Quick Reference” for you?

1 Like

Still new to all the options on the forum… just changed it, thanks!

2 Likes

I agree, it should be called what it is. “B-Side Calendar” or “Flip Calendar”.

1 Like

I know I already said this, but when I looked at the title of the spread sheet “August 2020 Monthly Quick Reference”. I think a good title for it is “August 2020 Flip Calendar”. Players searching the events calendar will be more likely to see your complementary calendar as well.

1 Like

To be fair, SG, mostly keeps costs pretty much on a US based parity system converted to your local currency so for me, it is a meaningful metric.

Cookie Settings