Monsters preview stats

tldr - Put monsters and bosses (or at least bosses) stats (attack, def, hp) in the stage preview of maps. If you like the idea, please press the vote button.

I was playing S4 - province 34 normal and I just very surprised to see my Kiril with over 800 defense being killed at the very beginning from a few slash attacks.

Then in the boss wave, with everyone overhealed at maximum, I was trying not to use items and then I see that Lidenbrock is almost dead because she was taking 850 burn damage per turn :astonished:

I would have lost, but I used quickly the bombs that I had with me and managed to finish the stage. But I was very close to have wasted 10 flags because I did not imagine that the monsters have over 3500 attack stats.

Ok, for me it’s only a minor nuisance, since I have plenty of WE flasks and 50 WE flags in total. But for a f2p player that is not very advanced and has 30 something WE flags, I can imagine that this is very discouraging.

I imagine that it’s not very difficult programming wise to insert at least the bosses stats in the stage preview where their special is described, so why not do it? This way, players will know how to prepare better

And for a f2p, wasting 10 flags on a map stage, I imagine this is not funny at all. Or maybe people just don’t care and I am wrong, but would be good to see other opinions as well.

And of course, if you like the idea, please press the vote button :slight_smile:

Guess this will be merged, there is already a topic about this + staff announced it’s working like intended:

[WORKING AS INTENDED] Mobs S4 34-2 normal have double the attack stat of mobs 34-3 - Bugs & Issues - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum (smallgiantgames.com)

3 Likes

This was a post of people complaining that monsters have too hight stats, as far as I understood.

This topic is about introducing a feature that displays the bosses and monsters stats in the stage preview just like the special skill is displayed.

They are related, but different things (monsters have stats too high vs. display monsters stats before the battle)

3 Likes

I see, seems I have overread this ^^
So you mean, before fight starts a pop up with a warning: Attention mobs and bosses have higher attack stats as usual?

1 Like

No. You click/ float over the monster and the exact attack, defense and hp are displayed. In the same way as the special skills of bosses are currently displayed when you check them before the battle. “Deals 200% damage” is something completely different if the monster has 300 attack or 3000.

2 Likes

I like it. All stages should have previews including stats. It would be a nice QoL addition.

2 Likes

Press the vote button as well then, please :slight_smile:

Easier said than done. No votes left.

2 Likes

I like the idea, but can recognize that players who aren’t very advanced without too many flags haven’t made it to the end provinces of S4. Devs can recognize that too.

You might be right. Then again, I’ve met quite a few players that have been playing for more than 2 years and they were only around level 40 something because they did not like to farm, but had good teams made up from mainly S1 heroes and HotM . And they have already finished S2 and S3 on normal, so why not expect to finish also S4?!

It would also be nice if it tracked

Number of runs
Number of completions

So I could see what stages give me problems

Could also be data mined by Devs for improving future Map Seasons, and Map Season Monthly Events

FIN

3 Likes

I never understood why stage preview page would show arbitrary information like possible items. I would rather know things that are constant like amount of XP can be earned from stage, attack, defense, and health stats of the monsters, number of runs in the stage, and items that are more likely to received from that particular map stage. This option is available, if you click the item but why not include in stage preview.

You got my vote

2 Likes