Monster Lure concept šŸ¦‡ - Not a fan

They did, 15/day without the lure, 25 with the lure

3 Likes

I dont know last time I even got 15 the whole Atlantis, but awful for those spamming flasks here.

I personally donā€™t care about the sea dragons. The Atlantis coins are bonus, but not why Iā€™m there. As long as they donā€™t reduce the boosted loot, SG can do whatever they want. Iā€™m there for the backpacks, dust, and nuggets.

3 Likes

I farm for the troops but donā€™t tell SGG or theyā€™ll nerf their drop rates or limit them too :slight_smile:

Also this lure should be REALLY cheap considering how much SHORTER Atlantis is than S4, it is like half the time.

1 Like

If they cut the boosted loot, itā€™s torches and pitchforks time. I need those backpacks to keep my 2 TC2ā€™s running. The thought of either of those running out is terrifyingā€¦thousands of cooked feeders accrue when working on troops.

2 Likes

Oh man, I get huge headache just imagining thisā€¦ Hopefully it will not ever happen to you, friend!

1 Like

Never bought it, and never will. I donā€™t know why people fall for this. You pay for what, a handful of coins and emblems from rare bats? Iā€™m guessing that you could put that money directly into summon or emblem deals and youā€™d get the same or a bigger bang for your buck.

3 Likes

I tried itā€¦ Itā€™s like paying for 3 summons but youā€™ll have to invest your time in order to get the coins + some extra loot

I have purchased the monster lure for season 4. Itā€™s a convenience. Saves me time and tickets.

1 Like

For me, also the extra backpacks and crafting mats are at least as important as the Atlantis coins.

Nevertheless, many F2P and vC2P care a lot about the one or two extra free summons. In particular with the new heroes and costumes. For those who have already finished both normal and hard mode, unfortunately, the Sea Dragons are the only way to collect Atlantis coins. Therefore, a limit of 30 Sea Dragons, also caps the maximum amount of free Atlantis summons.

5 Likes

Autofarming for 2 days in AR, plus using a couple hundred tickets typically only generates 2 to 3 pulls. Those seahorses are stingy! Iā€™ve done the S4 lure a few times to try it out and actually like it. I get 5 to 6 S4 pulls each time and a ton of good mats in batches of 5 to 15, plus crates. The AR lure may be more worth it for C2P, if the lure generates similar results.

This.

For many F2P/VC2P, over time a major bottleneck to roster development isnā€™t necessarily so much the acquisition of ascension materials as actually getting 5* (and even worthy 4*) heroes to work on, especially outside vanilla S1 heroes.

And as @TomSnow mentions, this is doubleplus true what with new hero and costume releases since many folks completely finished Season 2 areas.

3 Likes

I just farmes 25 special monsters in S3 in beta and got around 60 coins. Not even one pull per day. The event goes like what? 3 days? So 2, maybe 3 pulls. Thatā€™s probably comparable to the odds in S4, at least from my experience. So you must have been pretty lucky.

I had 4 or 5 useless iron bundles. Highest 100k, rest less. Thatā€™s around 20% pure garbage. Food bundles came less, some also only 50k or 10k. Emblems mostly in a bundle of 3ā€¦ Ok, Iā€™ll take them. Maybe 20 orichalcums. So overall, I am not sure if itā€™s that good of a deal. You have to consider that only 40% of it is what you technically couldnt get without the lure. Of course multiplied by 3 for the duration of the whole event. But still I dont think its a really good deal.

EDIT:

I actually checked the loot I got. I dont know, its not a relevant sample size, but letā€™s just assume my loot was about average. If I just multiply the results by 3 (days of duration of VR), I get the following results:

49 coins x3 = 147
32 emblems x3 = 96
30 dragon bones x3 = 90
20 orichalcum Nuggets x3 = 60
200k food x3 = 600

Deducting what you could for free if you grind enough weā€™re left by 40% of the total amounts. That would be:

59 coins
38.4 emblems
36 d. Bones
24 o. Nuggets
240k food

So that plus 100 loot tickets and a WE flask would be what you getting, we donā€™t know the price yet.

Assuming the drop rates of S4 are about the same, the amounts you would be getting there would be, as it is one day longer:

78.4 coins
51 emblems
48 d. Bones
32 nuggets
320k food

Plus 120 loot Tickets and a WE flask. For 12ā‚¬, after the latest raise in prices. I probably would not buy it if it was presented an offer to buy like that.

Even if you were a lazy farmer and would probably only get much less special monsters than available, I donā€™t consider it to be a good deal

It always pleases me when i see Orwellian referencesā€¦ I tip my cap.

2 Likes

The S4 lure boosts coins, so maybe that plays a part? I donā€™t know about what is in beta right now, but does that not boost coin output?

It does but for $12 you could buy 10 coin pulls offer on day 3 of the event so you basically spend the same amount money to get 5 less coin pulls and some trinkets and loot tickets.
So, Lure is all about buying loot tickets and the bats come as extra

Youā€™re right. I wasnt even aware, but its also stated in the description for both, atlantis and valhalla lure.

So coins would be more than 40% of the total. But that with my one sample size I would still get less than half summon per day with active lure, makes it even worse. The regular and the lure drop rate.

I dont really recall what the regular 12ā‚¬ loot ticket offer has additionally to the tickets. Would be interesting to compare both offers

3 pulls and some junk ā€¦ yup not a good deal.

Grumbles, grumblesā€¦

IĀ“m still not a fan of this concept. And now itĀ“s been expanded to all seasons. :broken_heart:

Or, perhaps, I am a fan? It discouraging me from farming. Less time spent in the game, less time spent charging batteries, good for the environment, all that? :video_game::zap::bulb::flashlight::cloud_with_lightning::battery: :electric_plug: :earth_americas:

Maybe thatĀ“s SGĀ“s way of listening? SG - Will you take a stance? šŸ”Œ :smile:

One can hope! Or be naive. Or both :melting_face:

2 Likes