Mono is not the best meta (in my opinion)! But what is?

I’m loving the name. Good call, even if it is temporary

2 Likes

How about we define meta. Seriously dudes. Get a dictionary. Words mean stuff.

1 Like

Most effective tactic available

Idk what that adds to the discussion for people already involved that knew what it was when they joined the conversation

But there it is anyways @Sir_Perfluous

It’s an abbreviation and should actually be META but just like LOL or BRB or FWIW or TLDR, most don’t find it necessary to capitalize it every time they use it due to most knowing what they mean without doing so, especially when looking within the context of a conversation. Part of the english language is the never ending evolving of it and making up new rules(understandings is probly better word) as we go

Hope that helps.

5 Likes

Thanks Rigs, put my at rest :wink:

1 Like

Idk if you’re bein sarcastic or not and honestly don’t care either way

You’re welcome, glad it helped

So do you have an opinion on the matter or more questions?

@Brobb

You’ve been silent for awhile now…

Hi there and thanks for this topic of discussion.
Mono or not mono, that is a question worth pondering and completely up to the personal style of playing this game.

In my opinion mono is a viable playing style and in raiding i love beating other teams with my blue or red mono team (Unfortunately in almost 4 years of E&P i still haven´t got any non-S1 5* in green or yurple apart from Mok-Arr).

Why do i like it apart from the obvious reasons of being able to beat many teams that are unbeatable otherwise?

Well as you stated out of the box you get 3 normal or good boards and 1 bad. But in almost 2 years of raiding mono i have learned how to make my moves in order do shift this to a ratio of round about 9 wins to 1 losses.
Although there are day when i nearly have crushed my phone over consistant bad board all in all it has made me a better player.

That said i have two things to add:

1. Do regularly raid in other setups than mono in order to not loose a sense if the non-mono strength of teams. If you only go in mono you get used to one shot the enemy tank and if you have to use other setups this can be deadly for your team…

2. As much as i love raiding mono i would never ever use a mono team in AW (unless in the most serious circumstances). The additional rules of war (Heal, Arrows, Buff) are very quickly shifting the odds against you, making AW a lot more deadly for monoteams.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

IMHO the best META depends on what your playstyle is and what heroes you have. It is also so much more than “mono or not mono”. I find myself becoming more adept at using slow heroes now, more out of necessity than anything else. I can’t say yes or no to mono because I use it almost exclusively in wars but almost never in raids and 50/50 in tournaments. It’s about what gets me the best return with the heroes I have.

1 Like

I can say that in general, in many games and not only this one, randomness is the weapon of the weaker side. With no randomness at all the stronger side guarantees a victory. With huge randomness strength matters nothing and the weaker side has 50% to win.

I think that this guideline should be applied to this game as well:
When you fight a much weaker opponent you might consider a rainbow team to almost eliminate any chance for bad luck.
When fighting a much stronger opponent you might consider playing mono because you need that lucky board to have a chance to win.
When fighting a stronger opponent where the gap is not so huge you might consider playing 3-2 since you still need some favor from the board but can lower the luck factor.
And so on, you get the point…

4 Likes

I just wanted to hear from @Brobb

Idc what anyone uses lol

1 Like

To me apart from tournaments the only attacking META picks are Grazul, Zimkitha and Mitsuko. Regardless them being in a mono or not they should have an high winrate against the META defenses.

On on my blue mono attacking raid team I run Kiril and C Kiril. I put them both on the flanks or one on the flank and one on the opposite wing. Unlikely to be hit by the same 3-hit and also unlikely to be crushed by jabber…

Agree with a lot you said here. But:

• Killing the tank is the primary mission. If I can retain my kill tiles in the middle whilst achieving the secondary objective of arranging new tiles then great! This works particularly well with slower tanks. Working from the bottom up helps to not dislodge the kill tiles.

• Tell… Tell Tell Tell. I can’t kill her in 3 tiles, not with my red anti-Tell team. Kind of ironic. But I have grazul and BT and Wilbur and G Falcon on it for their specials and their attacks arent great. So need 4 tiles. If I can arrange 4 kill tiles without setting off her special I will do so. Or multiple combos all over the place. But as soon as her special hits everyone’s mana slows to a crawl. So I will try to fire some of my reds into her - or into anyone else for that matter - before her special goes off, so if i do get luckier and the board opens up at least I have a handful of tiles that were charged at normal mana speed and I have a chance of activating AT LEAST my grazul so she can protect me from Vel until I can charge up BT to keep me alive long enough to charge up my debuffers and hitters…

I will take 4 tiles early on every time. If not, something will mess it up. Overall, taking 3 tiles over here, and then 3 tiles over there will achieve nothing. Yes, killing the tank is the main objective; KILLING it, not feeding it. Only way to do that is a mass of color or all heroes charged up. Moving as many tiles as possible does that, not a hen-peck method of chasing only one color. So with a one color team the other four fifths of the screen is simply in the way and must be removed as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Levl perfect advice!! Moving Tiles in the #1 objective when running Mono in my opinion

1 Like

When I run mono I’m not hen picking matches just to make matches. My goal is to move the most tiles in the least amount of moves. That means I’ll forgo a match just to move more tiles so that I can either setup a Diamond or set myself up for favorable matches as the PvP goes farther in the match. This is the biggest error people that don’t like mono. They arent moving tiles fast enough.

2 Likes