Mono is not the best meta (in my opinion)! But what is?

Oh definitely. The usual flanks are GM, Zeline or Kage, so my off color teams are often build out of blue, red and/or yellow

I’m a recent convert to colour stacking and I’ve become a huge fan. My usual strategy is what others have posted above: 3 - 2 against the tank and the flank.

My best war battle was my last one. I had used all my greens against their blue tanks. I only had 5 blues (3300 power) left and I went after a 4000 team with Isarina as tank, GM and Aeron, Vivica and one green. I was hoping I could take out GM.

I one-shot it!

6 Likes

I do use 3-1-1 against GM tanks in raids btw. With 3 blues, Ares and Alberich. I don’t know why I dont go 3-2 there, but this just works for me. I gues both Ares’ and Alby’s HoT and Ares’ attack/crit buff makes it work.

1 Like

3/2 attack is close to unbeatable. Mono is fine too, but 3/2 gives a little more flexibility with the boards. I always use the same 5 heroes because of synergy in my 3/2 raids and I never reroll. Unless the board is just absolute garbage, I do not lose.

War is a little different, but I still use 3/2 looking for synergies between the heroes.

For anyone who has the heroes and wants to try… this team is magical… (for me)

3 Likes

Hero synergy is exactly what @JimMe is talking about. You have to know what works and what doesn’t (or not as well). I recently discovered, thanks to @Dator, that Panther+Thoth is an almost lethal combo. I have neither of them but if I did, without that knowledge, I would’ve ran any other purple attacker then Thoth.
The article I referred to in my OP, had a video which showed her doing a raid with 5 purples in this order:

Aeron/Rigard/Obakan/Kunchen/Proteus

Now, I don’t want to discredit her for using mono, but that line up had several flaws in my opinion. Besides having 3 healers (of which 2.5 cleanse) it had Aeron on the wing, not using him to his fullest potential.

1 Like

It’s more like 43% of the starting boards. Call it 4 in 10. Here’s the math:

Mono is a strategy that requires careful play in PvP. I have great respect for people who can win a lot with mono. In PvE, battle items make it much less dicey.

I stack 3/2, with a healer in the 2nd color (and often a very offense-oriented secondary healer like Tarlak or Ares in the 1st color).

This works very well because I’m usually getting tiles in one of the two colors. Tiles I my main color and i’ll be able to burn through the defense rapidly for ghosting. Tiles in my secondary color, and i’ll be able to heal and prolong the fight.

4 Likes

A good habit to get into is keeping your most important heroes to the wings and knowing your speeds and where to put the appropriate troops.
Zim and Zeline should be in your corners as they are the two most important heroes and Greg should have the mana troop cause at 23 the mana troop isn’t helping Zeline unless you’re ghosting tiles.
I really do like that team.

2 Likes

I’m just here to look at the ostrich speak. munches on popcorn

Oh and 3/2 is my preferred setup. I’m super defensive in my approach so take a healer/safety net hero in each color (Zeline and Inari are good examples of non healer safety net heroes)

I don’t always heavy stack against the tank in wars.

3 Likes

i prefer rainbow and 2 2 1. personally i feel to much luck is involved with mono and can skill my way through fights a lot easier the other way. i tried to find a power level difference to allow me to go rainbow if within 100, 2 -2 -1 between 150 and 250, and 3 -2 for 300 and over with tanks i have trouble with. i try not to go over 350 to 400 because im almost garunteed to lose on the revenge attack. i usually go 5-1, 4-2 in every war

3 Likes

I appreciate the input. I’ve been using various iterations of this setup every day for a few months now. I don’t use this for defense and troops/line up didn’t really make a noticeable difference…

I’m going to take the advise though and plug it in and see. :blush: :+1:

2-2-1 has been my standard setup for a long time and is very consistent too. I still use it from time to time, mainly when I want to test something new, because it might be one of the safest setups out there if you use the right heroes.

1 Like

Mono, to me, is boring… The only time I run mono is against titans. All my war teams are 3-2, it just seems safer, and it usually gets me 4+ wins per war. My regular raid team is 2-2-1, because it works more often than not, and I’m too lazy to change my attacking team for every raid.

4 Likes

Not that it really matters, but. Was able to get here with just my single 3/2 raid team.

4 Likes

In war i almost always have 3/2 teams, while i prefer 3/1/1 teams in raiding.

My preferred raiding team is Albi 3 strong vs tank and delilah, though vs guin i use 3/2 3 purples plus zeline and albi.

With the various healing aids 3/1/1 isn’t as successful.

On my alt, which doesn’t quite have the depth of strong heroes, i sometimes 4/1 or mono if there’s a strong tank with a few talents.

1 Like

@Xero786 wh y does it matter having your important heroes in the corner for attacking? Does AI hit tank and flanks first ?

I run both mono and 3/2 in Alliance War depending on the opponent’s defense, but tend to go full mono in raids due to laziness, and a bit of craziness… I’ll mono stack the exact same colour as a tank sometimes just to see how well the team does attacking flanks or wings… (Cups hardly matter tbh, and the lower I fall, the easier it gets anyways…) Fast and average mana heroes are my mains, with Colen and Santa being the exceptions in my red stack. Whether running mono or 3/2, each of my team will consist of at least a single 5*; and I tend to target 3.9k TP and above as much as possible.

As @JimMe has pointed out above, the use of mono is good for taking down higher tp teams in war and raids. However, as I mentioned in a previous post here: Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour - ‘one can’t just stack any hero and think it’s a win’. This applies to any form of stacking.

As quoted above, knowing what the opponent’s defense can do as well as creating the right synergy between your attacking heroes is half the battle. The other half, is to hope for a decent board and working around a bad one. Once again, this applies to all forms of stacking.

However, not everyone can get lucky on pulls in order to get the heroes they need. Many actually have to make do with what they have on their roster, and from some of the rosters I’ve seen, I’ve actually cringed trying to even form a decent rainbow team. Yet they manage it well, and sometimes surprise us in war.

This… Prioritising the tank with a double or triple stack is a great way to open up the opposition, but without a healer, it’ll be a hard fought battle. It’s not meta, but a fundamental part of war and raids which many ignore due to a tendency to appreciate large numbers from attacks.

Since starting the game, I have picked and maxed the heroes which I find most suitable for their roles in order to find the right balance within each stack or team formation. I always start levelling a new team in the following order: healer, followed by a sniper or two, and a buffer/debuffer/mana controller. Fast or average mana works fine for my play style, and I still have 2 Kages and a Victor sitting at 1/1.

Personally, utility of a hero trumps meta…:wink:

2 Likes

Now that people are getting 5 or so class skills on at least their tank, I have a feeling that Mono is going to die off a little bit. Guin, Ageir , Ares are not going down with 3 tiles anymore. Even GM has survived. This makes Mono a little less favorable for me and I have been running it 100% for a few months. Still not at a point I have stoped, but I can see it coming.

I definitely don’t think you get bad boards every 3-4 attacks and I do not think I am that great at board manipulation. Maybe 1 out of 6. Every 3-4th will be a bad starting board but I only loose when you clear over half the existing board and still end up with nothing. I get 6 War wins every 2-3 wars.

However, in reality I do not think any mixture is any better than the other. I’ve played them all. For me Mono is more about laziness

2 Likes

Mono is fun but also way too easy many times.
I love 3/2 with healer each color or safety net hero like Zero said.
Before i used to take only hitters, it was a huge gamble and def makes your heart beat faster.
i learned the 3/2 setup with healers will make the raids last longer but you stay alive.

1 Like

It’s a good habit to get into, but not neccessary vs every team you’ll face. There is a good amount of heroes that hit more than 1 target and by placing your safety net or important heroes (healer/revive) in the corners they are less likely to to be hit by an AoE skill and you won’t lose them both on a single attack (not counting an atk all skill).
The closer a hero is to the middle will raise the chances they are hit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @JimMe. I never thought about that when I set them up