Modify Grimble to remove Fiends as well

I’ve come up with a character suggestion before but apparently SG wasn’t paying attention. Maybe it will catch on now that fiends are more of a problem.

His name is Grumble. He’s Grimble’s twin brother. They are identical twins but he has a yellow beard and he’s Holy. And instead of a goat he drives a T-Rex that likes to eat fiends and convert then into mana.

SG feel free to use free of charge. I don’t ask any compensation, however I may do some more ninja pulls today and wouldn’t mind if I randomly pulled Ruby *wink wink*.

7 Likes

Photoshop skills :100: :star_struck:

1 Like

I usually put my 29 mana troop on my slowest dark hero. I then have an 18 that goes on Xnolphod, my Grimble gets a level 5 troop. So I do find his special does not go off if I don’t get the tiles. I don’t have him emblemed because I have emblems on Ariel, Toxicandra and Mother North, so his stats are at his base. When I say he is not tanky, I am referring to my experience of him getting killed fairly easily when I go against the Pengi teams unless I get his special off.

LOL!!! Because everyone got one of each of them :rofl:

I would say all you need is a lvl 11 troop and your issue is … almost solved. 11 for Xnol, your 18 for your slow hero and your 29 for Grimble. Then you’d be set (assuming your Xnol has T20) … and frankly, that’s an easy exercise.
In general using unemblemed heroes - esp. in war - is a risk. And it’s mostly not paying out. Grimble is tanky enough doesn’t need that many nodes. It’s not Grimble who needs a… buff. But the usual we would do to use a hero. Your suggestion above kinda puts anything into Grimble which reminds me to the Chuck Norris cards we see here and there.

1 Like

I don’t get how he is slow if you have Xno in the same line up, that Mana gain should charge him right after then you can fire him and give additional Mana to the slow purple.

I get you may have larger priorities to emblem, but the first 6 nodes are pretty inexpensive and can add a decent amount of survivability… Especially if you actually want to use the hero then you should have some minimal investment, don’t expect unemblemed heroes to preform like rock stars against top tier defenses.

It is a matter of resources and priorities. I can’t just whip up a level 11 troop. It took forever to get 5 mana troops to 29. I’m working on the next group, but the amount of feeders and ham it takes means that it takes time. I’ll get some emblems on my Grimble as soon as I get some. For now, I just don’t get as much value out of him as I would like.

hmmm… I stick to my words. From lvl 5 to lvl 11 doesn’t take much. You could do this with 1* feeders too - I did. But after your response I am getting the priority of getting Grimble faster isn’t as hot as it seemed to me before.

I will say that I do feel better about the resources I have put into him after seeing so many comments here about how effective he can be. I maxed him not long after I got him because my dark roster was pretty thin, and then did not really use him much until Freya and Bera tanks became prominent. But even then, with my fastest mana troop, my success against these teams was highly dependent on getting his special off before he got killed.

Dear SGG please buff my grimble he is dying way too early in his raids and i am losing because of that
Note thatbi dont want to invest ham, feeders, emblems, time, troops
or aethers into his development id rather have him becomr super strong without me doing anything.

Many thanks

1 Like

Then why don’t you just put your LV 29 mana troop on xnol instead? You charge xnol faster and then xnol charges everyone up. Isn’t that just more effective than putting your LV 29 mana troop on a slow hero?

2 Likes

Thats obvious and logical. Whats even more logical and obvious is that you shouldnt run xnol and grimble together. Grimble alone can go at 9 tiles and make very slow purples charge up. 10 minions and he recharges himself. Xnol doesnt add anything ton this equation. And If you arent eating minions you shouldnt be using him and using xnol instead

2 Likes

unfortunately I don’t understand a word she says. My lesson learned from this was, that she used what she had. And she did it efficiently. It is easy to say I don’t have. But if I don’t start I won’t get there either, right? :slight_smile: - YouTube

1 Like

Consensus: this is definitely not needed
SG: understood. Let’s prioritize this right away and feature his costume in the next ToL

that would be for a costume that would be released in the future