📯 Mist – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Holy/Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Mist!

:bar_chart: Stats

Mist

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Cleric
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 745 655 1299
4/80 864 760 1507
Origin Realm
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Valkyrie Charge
  • Deals 175% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -64% mana generation for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Mist from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Mist?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Mist.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Mist and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Mist worth summoning for?

• Would you use Mist on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Mist?

• What heroes would you take when facing Mist as an opponent?

• Would you give Mist Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Mist’s special?

• What do you think of Mist’s character design?

• If you Summoned Mist and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Mist and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Mist when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Mist, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Mist (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Mist), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Mist.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Mist by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Mist by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Mist by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Mist by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Mist by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Mist

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Mist by the 203rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Mist

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Mist (post release)

Is Mist worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Mist’s would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

What do you think Mist’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Offensively Geared Support Hero (Debuffer)
  • Defensively Geared Support Hero (Debuffer)

0 voters

What do you think of Mist compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Mist’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Mist worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Mist is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Mist will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

5 Likes

Is it just me or is this dream come true for mono stacks…

7 Likes

Would you mind explaining why you say that?

4 Likes

Mainly because the 4 star yellow options up to now are fairly underwhelming. 3 kirils, 2 BTs, 6 Proteus and i will ascend them with pleasure. Multiple Chao i can live with. Maybe even danz. Jackal i would but dont have even 1. The idea of more than 1 Li or even 1 Hu i find rather revolting. Plus the special will i think be better than hansel…less dmg but 3 turn mana reduction against 3 enemies. I have 2 already and would love 2 more to be honest…only thing better would be a yellow 4 star healer.

14 Likes

Agreed

That’s one way of looking at it :slight_smile:

She’s an amazing 4* yellow hero.

Her mana delay pairs nicely even with the okay heroes like Chao and Li Xiu. -64% is a big delay in speed too – though not quite as good as Proteus, it lets you make off-color matches and fear little from enemy specials charging.

Her special skill defense debuff is not as good as Jackal’s, but it does stack with him and is easy to set up.

She’s overall the best yellow 4* hero in my opinion – tied with Jackal.

New status ailments introduced with Mist have been added to the Status Effects guide:

Note that a special skill defense buff can be overwritten by Mist’s special skill defense down debuff. The reverse is also true, so long as the target doesn’t have the buff block ailment (this can only happen when facing Monks – if the Monk withstands the buff block ailment but not the SS defense down)

Also note that the Buff Block status effect prevents buffs from overwriting negative ailments as well. For e.g. Sir Lancelot can’t overwrite the negative mana delay ManaGenDown with his mana speed buff ManaGenUp , since the buff block ailment prevents new buffs BuffShield36x41,50%. However, Rigard and other cleansers can still dispel it.

25 Likes

Thank you for the clear description of her special @DaveCozy

She was the one that grabbed my attention right from the start and am keeping fingers crossed for Sunday. As @lfleurie mentioned, 4* Holy needs more quality additions and Mist is certainly a high quality addition.

With Mist and Malosi in April Holy is getting some exciting additions that will have a real impact on the dark tank dominance.

8 Likes

Wow, lots of love for Mist! Nice to hear. I did one pull today and got her… and JF #4. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Neet to finish Gretel and I will take her up.

2 Likes

I have just pulled her.
My yellow roster is very limited with wu, chao, hu tao and li only
So shes very well welcomed.

As soon i get three more orbs i will be maxing her.

2 Likes

In my second pull she appears, very pleased

2 Likes

Have to agree, I have been filling my yellow ranks with event heroes, Jackal and Gretel to go with my 2 fast 5* yellows

2 Likes

can’t wait to get her leveled up

1 Like

Cast Mist, then Wilbur = have fun! :wink:

5 Likes

Special is perfect for this defense.

1 Like

S3 Hard enemies fully debuffed and hit by Misandra

1 Like

Absolutely. Make sure you bring Jackal too, as Mist+Jackal would be an absolutely insane combo. Fire Mist so target gets huge debuff down against special, then fire Jackal for extra debuff against holy. So that’s like what, -74% def against skill and -54% def against holy?

Assuming they don’t override each other, whatever you have under your crosshairs is D-E-A-D.

6 Likes

I’ve been testing it out and Kunchen resists her Def down portion of the debuff. She is still particularly useful on Kunchen as, in coordination with Jackal, she annihilates the defenses on common yellow flanks.

3 Likes

Took me 21 single summons to pull Mist, but I finally got her, and boy is she worth it. Got a bunch of S1 and S3 3* dupes but I also pulled HOTM Telluria, so can’t be too mad. Summon results:

1x Telluria
2x Sumle
1x Mist
5x By-Ulf (ugh)
3x Ei-Dunn
1x Nordri
1x Kvasir
2x Jahangir
2x Valen
1x Graymane
1x Carver
1x Fire Truck
1x Gan Ju

2 Likes

Wish I had her. My most wanted 4* Valhalla. May be next month.

1 Like

I managed to pull two Mists today and can’t wait to get her levelled up. Since my Holy bench is so dreadful that I am still using Sha Ji in some battles, she is very welcome.

I currently have two of Chao, one nearly maxed and one not touched, and Li Xiu who is third tier at the moment. No five star holy heroes at all.

I have the mats to ascend only one, so will have the tough choice of whether to ascend Li or save them for Mist.

1 Like