🏜️ Missions – Season 5 (Dynasty of Dunes)

Great news at least! Thanks for confirming :slight_smile: yay for efficient avatar farming haha

1 Like

I’m in love with s5, province 4-3. It drops an interesting amount of adventures kit

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but there are no levels with both Camel rider Lancers and Jackal Warriors? :thinking:

Nope there is not.

First play through on easy netted 6 bosses and 22 enemies. Now working on hard.

2 Likes

oooph well that’s annoying. hopefully the next set of avatar missions will not unlock for a while…

though, considering how many are needed for this set vs. first set (30 to 40 bosses, 250 to 300 mobs) I am not hopeful…

Yes! That Jackal one! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

None of the new zones have Jackals AND Camel Riders in :sweat:

Averaged 2 jackals per run on 6.9

1 Like

I preferred S5 6-1N for Jackals … just 3 waves and 2 Jackals at Boss Stage - on average 5.5 Jackals per run

4 Likes

Is there an update picture with the info of the phases for the new avatars? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Ok, here is the updated missions graphic. Let me know if there are any errors.

17 Likes

Based on my own runs here’s my recommendations for the second set of missions:

• Finish easy & hard

• depending if you finish the “Was Scepter” or not use it until you finish it.
    • Equip the “Tjet Amulet” when “Was Scepter” mission is complete
  • There are no stages which currently overlap the Jackal Warriors and the Camel Rider Lancers so if you’re keen on avatars you’ll have to farm them individually.

• Camel Rider Lancers the last stage that they appear is 5-4-8 {well there’s also 5-4-10 but its double boss so slower}

• Stage 4-3 is only 3 waves so generally quicker to do than the other stages.
  • Best spot I found so far for Jackal Warriors is 6-1 which (as above) has 2x jackal warriors in boss stage.

UPDATE - 7-4 is better for jackals due to being 4 waves with 2x in the boss stage.

There’s also a couple new stages in Area 5 which have both the Furious Hippos and Ibis’ if you’ve not already done those missions they may be worth a look in…

• 5-1 | 5-3 | 5-8 | 5-10
  • Some of these may be more efficient than the original 5-1-1N I recommended before.
23 Likes

Very preliminary data on the Jackal levels, just from completing the normal and hard difficulties once:

Stage Runs Jackal Warriors Avg Jackals/Run
5-6-1 2 10 5.0
5-6-3 2 7 3.5
5-6-7 2 10 5.0
5-6-9 2 1 (can this be right???) 0.5

I think this deserves some more data gathering, of 6-1, 6-7 especially and maybe 6-3 too. I usually go for 20 runs of the same stage to gather data, but 10 at least. I don’t really know what to think about the 6-9 runs, I got 1 Jackal during the normal difficulty run and 0 for hard, seems weird but I guess that’s what it is?

From here, first I’m going for completion of all stages at both difficulties (just one more stage to go), and then finish the Camel Rider Lancer bosses mission (I’ll go for stage 5-4-8 without further research, thanks @Guvnor), and then I’ll gather more data on these Jackal stages to see which is best to finish those.

11 Likes

For now I’ll wait for province 7 to open, finish the amulet quest with easy and hard (20), and see what’s left. It may have stages with more jackal rates and maybe stages with camels and jackal together.
Thanks to those who provide us with this information and tables

4 Likes

Gathered some more data on the Jackal stages:

Stage Runs Jackal Warriors Avg Jackals/Run
5-6-1 10 52 5.2
5-6-3 10 33 3.3
5-6-7 10 51 5.1

Seems like 6-1 and 6-7 are pretty much a toss up. Didn’t notice one giving better loot than the other either (but I didn’t track this so it’s just a subjective impression).

Since my easy and reliable way of tracking Jackals and stage replay counts for this is ending with the completion of the Tjet amulet mission (so I could auto-play on repeat without much thought while doing other things like work…), I don’t think I’ll gather any more data but I think this is good enough anyway.

11 Likes
Runs Jackal Warriors Ave.
6-1 12 65 5.4
6-3 5 18 3.6
6-7 12 54 4.5
6-9 12 49 4.1

@HopelessWanderer I think you were unlucky on your stage 6-9 runs, but I agree that 6-1 is the best level so far

9 Likes

Next set of avatar missions:

13 Likes

Ooohh… that all seeing eye of Horus on the pyramid thing looks interesting. Thanks to Moon Knight for knowledging me on that one Eye of Horus symbol.

… and both mob and boss appear in Province 7-2, 7-5, 7-7, 7-10 :slight_smile: will be good for farming!

7-3, 8-1, 8-3, 8-4, 8-5: boss only

7-4: mob only

7-1, 7-6, 7-8, 7-9, 8-2, 8-6: neither of these new missions

also, Jackals and Ibises still appear in Province 7, for those who have not fulfilled those earlier missions yet

11 Likes

Any stage with both?

Oh boi, Illuminati!!!