Miss mechanic

No games have heals,buffs and dispels that can miss. Would be just confusing to players to implement that.

Implementing it here would require considerable re-balancing effort for no good reason at all.

1 Like

I agree that the purity angle is a bit weak tbh. I didn’t argue purity though, I said it would be more straight forward. And I didn’t bring role playing my rules into reference.

My example was that relying on the definition of “offensive spell” is making the game confusing since we have a combination spells and it is not clear how the lowered accuracy should work on the combination.

Also I am not sure I would categorise dispel as a purely defensive spell since it is done to the opponent (and I don’t agree with @Arien that having a success roll on dispel in other games is anything other than quite common). I would think that dispelling a buffed damage is just as offensive/defensive as lowering damage.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to say that I actually think that making the lowered accuracy affect, let’s say healing, is the best solution. I just wanted to point out that @TKristensen had a point worth discussing.

I just think they need to do something, like make the on hit specials go off even if the atk miss or change the 2nd effect (the buff) for heals to roll for hit or miss. So there will be a kinda fair gameplay

So the argument is “my heroes miss, others heroes don’t, and that’s not fair”?

(I’m not being snide, I want to be sure I’m not mischaracterizing your argument.)

Im not crying over it i just wanted to hear why there was a 100% chance to get/buffs when u heal. And then the debate starte.

I dont care if they make a change for it i just find kinda unfair. But thats just my opinion.

Okay, fair enough.

I like 100% chance to heal. I like to be able to depend on my healers. I don’t want to be in the midst of a battle and have the bottom drop out from under me.

I suppose this is all arbitrary, right? :wink: Sorry for pushing.

Fair = balance in this case; this change does have balance implications, what is unbalanced currently with the current implementation?

The Change im talking about is the 2nd effect on a healer special or those that have an om hit effect. (Not lifesteal)

Take vivica: 1st effect is a heal and dispel the 2nd is a armor buff. I mean the armor buff need to roll for a hit or miss.

Friendly spells/specials shouldn’t ever miss. There’s no logic in that whatsoever. It would be more logical if for instance a heal had the possibility to crit (I guess it can’t atm). Attack moves have to take into consideration that the receiver will try to take defensive measures. Therefore the attack might miss or the damage potential will be partially mitigated according to the defenders defence. Or, the attack might be critical and do twice the damage :slight_smile:

I agree with @TKristensen.

Why shouldnt the Rigard/Vivica purify/heal be able to miss if he/she is blinded?

Makes perfect sense to me, even from the ridiculous “role play”-angle. Healer botches the spell, and it doesnt have the desired effect.

And saying “It isnt like this in any other games” doesnt mean its right. SG could be the first game that changes it.

I do agree that heals should be able to crit though.

Do missed gems caused by blindness (or Wu kong buff) also charge double the mana like purposely missed “ghosted” tiles do?

Agree that heals should be able to crit but then they might have to weaken the overall power of healing spells across the board for balance issues.

Not sure how I feel about blindness causing heals and buffs to miss. If so, it might be better to rename the status effect from blindness to %spell failure or something like that instead.

They do not, single mana.

Very old thread heh.