Mismatch in War matching

I read that matching for war opponent is based on the team score. Team score is based on number of trophies of members, Titan score and highest hero power of alliance members. If this is the case, why is that there is mismatch sometimes? The game developer’s should find a way of addressing this case of mismatch.

The wars are much better matched than they were a year ago. I believe if you are in a smaller alliance, you are more likely to get a mismatch. Also keep in mind that the more wars in a row you win, the harder your opponents will become.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

It’s not based on team score. If you click on the small question mark next to your alliances score then you will see the three scores that make up your overall score. The three scores are alliance, war and titan. War score is what determines your war opponent. Here’s a screenshot of how the war score is calculated

1 Like

I wanted to say Alliance points. I mentioned in my post, trophies points and Titan points.

Alliance score isn’t factored into war matches, only your war score matters.

War score is the only # used in matchmaking besides # of members

War score is cumulative score the of top 30 heroes and top 5 troops of every player in the alliance + the past performance of the alliance

Thank you. I now understand.

1 Like

Thank you. I now understand the calculations, but I still believe there is mismatch.

1 Like

Can you show us your team’s war score and the other team’s war score? And why you think there was a mismatch(they do happen)?

There are definitely still mismatches. Every win increases your war score so if you’ve been winning a lot you might run into a mismatch eventually. There are also some alliances who move their entire alliance to a new one to reset war score and usually their opponents are no match for them (not 100% sure how this work but I think that’s right). So yeah unfortunately some wars turn out this way.

1 Like

No, it is not based on team score or thropy, if it is, it can be easy cheat with cup drop of all members.

War match based on:

• The best 30 heroes in hero roster of each Alliance member opted in for war
  • Out of the 30 heroes, the most weight is put on the best five heroes of each Alliance member
  • Player count of the Alliance (also subtracting those who have opted out) - they try to get an even number of players on both sides, but it can vary by up to three members.
  • The troop strength of the best in each element
  • War history (minor impact compared to Hero Power)
1 Like

There are a few posts on this issue…

1 Like

Thanks @Sarah2 for the links. Instead of merging and making a mess, I’m simply going to close but would invite further discussion at the links above, particularly the first one as it’s become the master thread.

3 Likes