Also hearing colours?

What do you hear for each colour?

I’ll start the ball rolling…

Yellow - Windchimes
Purple - Evil, maniacal laughter
Red - Crackling flames
Green - Wind through long grass
Blue - Birdsong.

(Yes, I am British (English to be accurate), hence the correct spelling. :smiley:)

3 Likes

Well, I think both of those Björns (I’m German and I use the correct german spelling :wink:) are good and evil but the one who can hear different colours clearly is the better one! I mean, come on…, who can hear the colours like you and me can’t be a bad guy. Also he’s right handed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These are the tunes I hear from the colours:

Blue <–> broken glass
Green <–> growing grass
Red <–> farting gas
Yellow <–> dropping tennis balls
Purple <–> Princes guitar solo in purple rain

2 Likes

I raised this comment in beta. Hearing colours is a thing but nothing like the use of the phrase here.

Seeing stars would of been a better phrase

1 Like

Synesthesia is a condition in which one sense (for example, hearing) is simultaneously perceived as if by one or more additional senses such as sight. Another form of synesthesia joins objects such as letters, shapes, numbers or people’s names with a sensory perception such as smell, color or flavor.

3 Likes

Synesthesia can be triggered by certain drugs (LSD, afaik and some others) and I think that portal was kind of a drug for Richard’s brain :wink:

But I hear nothing from colors :frowning: coffee doesn’t work :frowning:

The jukebox in my brain plays Blind Guardian now, thanks to the title of this thread^^

1 Like

So your saying if I stop putting LSD in my coffee I’ll no longer see smells and smell sounds? Bummer

4 Likes

Hmmm, I may have to check out Blind Guardian - “lyrics are mostly inspired by the fiction of fantasy authors such as J. R. R. Tolkien, Michael Moorcock, Stephen King and Robert Jordan”

But… I was actually referring to the episode from the original series of Star Trek.

And it seems we can all taste colours :coffee: - heads to kitchen for refill.

1 Like

Cookie Settings