Miracle scrolls - can they be used in later waves?

Biggest thing I would say is don’t waste a ton of mats if you’re not ready to beat Stage 20 today… You’ve got almost 2 weeks to work on your heroes. There’s plenty of time to make improvements instead of banging your head against a wall you can’t break down just yet.

4 Likes

Thanks, yes that is true in a way - I can still work on Kunchen and make him sturdier. The rest of the lot are either maxed or stuck though :/. My up and comings are all too squishy to bring - Elk and Leo still have better def and health than their almost maxed 4* cousins, and they have that self heal that is in fact awesome at times.

Will however work some more on Mr Vagabond before trying final stage. Battle items are not an issue, got plenty of crafting materials and iron. But Springvale sure is stingy with backpacks and wooden swords! Falling behind on my training camps, a break for farming is necessary.

Nope I lack patience and did the last stage anyways - came to boss arena with all five alive, lost the three hitters and resurrected them with Kunchen fully charged, then managed to take the bosses down using up every single item.

In hindsight, I should have brought Proteus instead of Leo but otherwise happy with the outcome. Big thanks for your help!

4 Likes

Always take Proteus to a boss battle… I take 2 of him!!

5 Likes

I’m totally with you! Thought him too squishy but I could’ve just let him go down first stage and then brought him back for the bosses. Lesson learned!

Time frame

Best use of time is farming ingredients for Battle items.

Unless you are spending gems, or hoarding finished heroes in your camps, it is really hard to level heroes or troops significantly during the event.

Proteus

World energy is free. I have been known to use 120 energy on a stage just on the hope I can complete it due to RNG. This strategy only works if you can get to the Boss wave with 3-4 Heroes intact. Plus I usually run two strong healers.

1 Like

Yup realized that the maybe 2-3 extra levels I could put on Kunchen wouldn’t make much of a difference. I actually didn’t have to retry a single stage so there was no head banging (although last stage with the miracle scroll…).

Agree with you on farming to make battle items. I had a lot saved up, finished items too, planning for this event. Patience however I do not have… just enough to wait in the world energy, that’s it :>. But next time the dear ol’ protopod will come for sure!

1 Like

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on part of this. I agree that farming for mats and creating battle items is important - it’s always important. but you can improve a hero a great deal in 10 days. Maybe that makes a difference, maybe it doesn’t. but if you just have 4 camps on tc11 that is 48 feeder heroes a day in addition to whatever you get from farming. I think you could probably run Kunch from 4/22 to close to 4/40 or 4/50 in that time pretty easy.

And I guess I’m stingy with my world energy - I got queasy just thinking about using 120WE on a single stage. During Christmas I lost the first big Mother North stage (16 maybe?) and then didn’t work another event stage for 8 days while I ramped up 2 red heroes. Then came back, finished her off, then finished off the event.

Either way, I’m happy you got it done @Kitten!! There are a ton of different play styles and ways you can go about succeeding in this game! What works for me doesn’t work for others. The important thing is you found a way that worked for you! congrats!

3 Likes

Cleric needs food badly

5* heroes require a ton of food and Hero XP ( see Notes ). Probably better to concentrate on a high attack stat 4* hero for grave damage ( dead hero color stacking).

Depends

I agree it depends on you roster and play style.

My current hoard of food and Hero XP could level 3x 5* 1.1 all the way to 5* 4.80 in 1 day. But that is just because of my roster, summons RNG and play style.

Notes

([Research Math] Comparison of 1- 4 Extra low cost training [more math, some more math, Math Apocalypse])

( [Play style] When to level your first rainbow 5* team based on Hero XP from training camps, team depth, team versatility, war, and upcoming class update- Updated with food costs )

1 Like

I agree. That was just the hero she mentioned so I referenced him.

What you suggest (attacking 4*) is exactly what I did on Mother North back during Christmas. Held off about a week and Leveled up Guardian Falcon so that he could supply the elemental defense down I needed to let Marj and Scarlett clear the way.

2 Likes

Sweet.

Thanks @Sean949807! I first meant to take your advice, but I’m only on SH lvl 17 with three training camps - two lvl 11 that take two hours to spit out a 1* (I get about six 1* for every 2*…) and one lvl 8 for training with swords or backpacks. Not much saved up in the feeder department after having speed leveled Kelile, Proteus and Sumi for Teltoc :).

Kunchen get maybe one level in two days where I’m at now, I’m reluctant to give him off colour feeders as I’m working on several other heroes. Also, as a slow healer and already quite beefy, it might not have made that big a difference. But I’m internalizing all the good advice I get here - many thanks for your help!!

1 Like

Anyone beat stage 20 in Advanced mode?
Any strategy suggestions for which hero’s to take down first?

I failed on my first attempt, just deciding on hero’s and battle items (and energy to recharge) before trying again.

I did it yesterday with Boldtusk (maxed w emblems), Kunchen (4.25), Frida, Leo and Elk (all at 3.70). Brought medium mana potions, axes, bombs and a miracle scroll. Took down one of the flanks first to be able to ghost tiles - didn’t aim for a particular one, just whatever the board favored. Saved all the mats for bosses.

I barely made it and used up all the mats including the miracle scroll. Resurrected my hitters with BT in bad shape and Kunchen fully charged on shaky legs.

Doing it over again, I’d bring Proteus instead of Leo. I like Leo’s mana cut and self heal, but not allowing bosses to charge at all is better :>.

Cheers, good side you’ve got too. All being fast mana bosses makes it very difficult. Good idea about taking out one flank first.

Didn’t take her on the first try, because of colour, but I’m going to bring Onatel 3/45 next time to help control mana. Along with Sabina 4/63, Kellile 4/70 + 5.

Then deciding between Caedmon 4/66, Kiril 4/36, Magni 3/26, Frida 2/60, Gormek 4/40, Wu Kong 3/36, Cyprian 3/60 and Elk 2/46…

You’ve got some really good heroes but maybe not the sturdiest yet. I’m really still a newbie and not sure I can give the best advice, but when I do events I like to bring two healers/buffers, two AoE hitters and one sniper/finisher.

Looking at your team, I would probably bring Kiril and Gormek with the ones you’ve already chosen. Frida and Magni would’ve been nice leaving Gormek and Kelile out, but they might not cope here.

Which heroes and what mats did you bring for your first try?

Yeah still some work to go for sure, surprised I have made it this far with nothing more than some minor healing or mana potions.
That is a good strategy / combination you’ve laid out to try and work with.

The team with Frida and Magni your talking about is what I often use for Raids, goes well, but Frida especially is a bit fragile yet for this stage.

First time around I went with Caedmon, Kelile, Gormek, Magni, Sabina and only took 2 x minor healing, minor mana, axes … fair to say I underestimated the level lol… killed O’Hare and about 1/2 on the other two.

Yeah the last stages really surprised me too, those bunnies hit hard…

With two healers you don’t have to worry about healing potions and can use the slots for other stuff. I usually bring arrows for blinding but had used them up and couldn’t be bothered farming for more (patience - no) before giving the final stage a go. Axes and bombs that I did aren’t the best combo but otherwise bring what you can!

Frida and Magni sounds like an awesome duo for raiding. Just love Fridas synergy with other blues. She’s in my favorite raiding team too, along with Grimm, Kunchen, Proteus and BT.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

Damn that’s a good raiding team.

Got through it pretty comfortably next attempt, decided to take Wu Kong and Kiril… figures best way to win was to finish them quickly, hence Wu.

Used Bombs and arrows… took revive scrolls and miracle scroll. Only used 1 revive scroll… was planning to revive Wu 2-3 times as needed, but he survived the whole thing - thanks to 2 healers. Cheers for the tips

1 Like

Congrats, well done! Good on ya for going with Wu. I tend to forget what he can bring as I don’t have him (ate him during my first weeks of playing and never got him again despite 150+ summons).