Minor Adjustment to Hero Powers

Yes I know you are 100% correct but my point is made based not on the cup matching but instead as your looking/choosing at your opponent.

1 Like

This “power adjustment” sounds a little fishy to me to be the savior of mismatches for AW.
The big difference in matching is ascended 5 stars available for wars as they make for better defenses and more stable attacks. The difference between a fully ascended 5 star and a 5 star at 3/70 is roughly 100 TP and this is the biggest factor in mismatches, if anything the power of fully ascended 5 stars should have increased to further show the gaps in hero development between alliances. This roughly 100 TP difference also shows when comparing fully ascended 4 stars vs 80’s and you need that gap to be bigger.
You have to understand these changes in TP are game wide which isn’t going to influence matching positively until heroes are weighted more accurately with bigger gaps between ascension levels. It’s a step in the right direction, but it’s just not done correctly just yet in my opinion.

4 Likes

My alliance is also given matches that are impossible to win 90% of the time since team power was the metric used…

I generally agree, but this is having other detrimental effects for us and the game:

1. I‘m just bored with war, since there has been way for us to win.
  2. We’ve had a couple recent recruits leave or talk of leaving immediately, when they saw our war record, thinking that we didn’t bother to enforce participation in wars.
  3. I can’t imagine that most of our opponents found these uneven matches with nearly effortless wins much more satisfactory than we did the losses.

Thanks for the Cookie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sure Entourage, got two more heroes to update. I am on 3954 now.
Just check out my defense Team to see progress…should not be a Problem for you :wink:

I will monitor your team very closely Sorsha :wink: If you look at my team, it still has a long way to go :rofl:

1 Like

Outside the top 100 or 200 alliances, most alliances have a wide range of player levels, and most of the players do not have 30 fully leveled 4* and 5* heroes. For matching purposes, a player with a bunch of partly leveled 4* and 5* heroes was counted nearly as powerful as a player with those same heroes at max. This led to very wide gaps in actual effectiveness, since those players are often using maxed 3* rather than unleveled 4* or 5*.
Decreasing the power rating of those unleveled heroes means that mixed level alliances are more likely to be matched based on the heroes they will actually use, rather than an inflated number.
It probably won’t affect more homogeneous alliances as much.

1 Like

Just got in messages some gift from SG for team power changes. Stupid that I did not take screenshot, it was empty. Is it bug or all got empty “gift”.

found this in another thread…

3 Likes

My point about maxed 5 stars not being properly weighed is more aimed at the uses on defense as too many people think of AW in terms of attacking and bench depth and don’t stop to think of the impact defenses have on AW. I don’t believe the gap between a maxed 4 star vs a maxed 5 is 100 TP and you can definitely see that if you fight a team of 80’s vs a team of 70’s , 500 TP isn’t a true reflection of that.
All these TP changes have actually lowered TP which translates to very small gaps all around. We should have seen an increase in TP over a decrease to show more gap in true TP.
I don’t believe these changes leave enough gaps to match properly.

4 Likes

A modest proposal: once an ELO system is implemented for AW matchmaking, perhaps the best course of action would be to remove the hero/team power metrics from the game entirely.

4 Likes

Will there be any new reforms? Do we have to withdraw from the Kingdom sadly because of the actions taken by the developers with the injustice of the players? Five friends left the coalition because of the lack of strength of their team and most of the coalition will leave. Why is this because we loved this kingdom? Respect and our team after updating all of us does not want to get this thing Is there will be a solution to this issue or we will leave the Kingdom sadly
@Petri
@Sara

The actual effectiveness of the teams didn’t change— all that changed was the “power level” which is designed to provide an indication of effectiveness.

It’s not that the heroes became less powerful— it’s that their posted power levels are (hopefully) more realistic and useful than they were before.

1 Like

Your 5 friends took that as an excuse and left as team power isn’t affecting hero’s strength.

2 Likes

@Kossay the strenght of your heroes is exactly the same as before it is only a cosmetic change of the number of team power.

1 Like

People have the right to leave the game wherever they want, of course.

Sorry to saying this, but out of the many reasons they can pick to withdraw, this one is kinda weak.

Like stopping playing football because the ball is not round shaped.

6 Likes

I dont see a real difference after that change.

1 Like

We put in hours a day to get our teams to the level they were and y’all just take it away with a keystroke. Is it y’alls goal to lose players because that is what is going to happen. I am very disappointed with the developers for this very poor decision.

What exactly was taken away?

Before you complain about it, better learn what this change means. NOTHING changes in your heroes usability or power, team power is just a number.

1 Like