Minor Adjustment to Hero Powers

Because the difference is much more pronounced with unleveled 5* than it is once they’re partially leveled.

1 Like

This change is appreciated.
But better 5* balance would be appreciated much more…
For example: “the tank problem”

In general, is a 4-star at 4/70 and a 5-star at 3/70 roughly equivalent in terms of battle effectiveness?

Also, @TylerDirtyn, in the pictures you shared, it seems as though Gregorion has a substantially better special skill compared to Caedmon (or do the speed differences cancel those out?).

Speed should always taken into account when comparing specials. You also have to keep in mind that nearly every HOTM has a ridiculously OP special and the power point difference is minimal in SGGs eyes when it comes to special skills. For example most TC20 heroes too power is 770 while HOTM are between 777 and 780. Whether Gregorian or Caedmon have a better special at that level is also debatable because it is situational and Caedmon is a fast sniper dispell vs Greg is an Average sniper utility.

1 Like

Catch is that UNLEVELED or partially leveled 4/5 star is in power bigger than MAXED 2/3 star, and in capability in the field - inferior.

And current power formula is something like 80% number of stars and the rest is mix of attack, defence, health, specials… With this modification, stars would get less impact, finally.

1 Like

I agree with the need for this change to better reflect what we all know: a completed 3* is better than an unleveled 4* or 5* in nearly every case. What I don’t like about the proposed solution is that it also changes the relative relationship of leveled heroes.

Currently the power # goes up by 5 each time the special increases. Suppose instead that it goes up by a larger figure, say 6 for epic heroes and 7 for legendary heroes, so that this reset of the base value diminishes as the hero progresses?

BTW, in case people are wondering how these power calculations relate to the hero, here’s some work I did to decode the power ratings:

I agree it is a minor difference. I don’t believe it will make much difference though as most specials are maxed well before the hero on 4 and 5 star heroes.

Excuse me, what purpose would this serve?
Why decrease the team power of fully ascended heroes?

Not fully ascended, ok. But fully ascended?

4000+ TP is a milestone.
A milestone that many players worked hard to achieve.

What exactly is the purpose of taking this milestone away from people?

A 4000+ player is … hm… a category.
A 3985 player is not a category. Only a player working hard to achieve the 4000 milestone.

I am not amused.

This is not, maybe, connected with the rumored possibility to increase the power of 5* heroes?

This is not, maybe, a way to make people spend more money? So that they can get back to where they were, before their hero power got nerfed?

I am not amused.

And I would appreciate an explanation.

Please read the entire thread it has been thoroughly explained. There is no reason new players should suffer through horrible AW matches because you treasure the numbers on cards which have never made sense.

@TylerDirtyn
You do not really think that this will actually improve AW matchmaking?

To me, it is just another nerf. Intended to make people spend more money.

In Germany, we have a saying:
The jug goes to the well until it breaks.

And I think I see a few cracks …

edit:
I am talking about nerfing the team power of fully leveled heroes.

2 Likes

I agree, I don’t want to have to reset my think about what a “strong” team’s power is. It’s just optics, but so was the Dow hitting 10,000, or New Years parties.

My suggestion above would keep the same fully-leveled power scores (more or less), while implementing the staff proposal for reducing the unleveled scores.

I agree with your point, @TylerDirtyn, but this was the easiest fix I could think of and relates directly to the staff’s statement that the power difference is a reflection of the specials. Alternatively, the 30 or 43 points could be added in over the three ascensions: 10 points per ascension for 4*, 14 points per for 5*.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. thank you! :hugs:

I’d like to see a truer representation of comparative hero power but this feels off just a bit. By reducing the top end numbers does it make the middle set of numbers too…dense…making AW matching somewhat harder? In other words at a micro level I can more easily see I should use my maxed 3* vs unleveled 4/5* - great! At a macro AW matching level there are now (likely) many more alliances within a particular numeric range but the closer you are to the ends of those ranges the more pronounced your alliances’ overall power/weakness becomes.

Or am I thinking about that wrong?

The problem is the scores will become inflated once again by the time the heroes are ascended to the level illustrated in the Caedmon Gregorian example which is incorrect as they both are basically the same power.

I personally don’t use hero power as a metric when attacking, more of it is experience with strengths, weaknesses and synergy. A 4200 team consisting of Delilah, Obakhan, Azlar, Richard, Kadilen is not nearly as strong as a team with the same power consisting of Alberich, Gravemaker, Guinevere, Panther, Perseus. The latter is a top 10 team, the former is lower diamond. I agree power numbers help to an extent but they aren’t the end all.

@Alberto1
The current matchmaking metrics already do include a heavier weight on your top 5 heroes. (Which they assume will be used in your defense)

3 Likes

I think even with the attributes in Peters being better this makes sense. Lianna special is much better.

1 Like

I love how all the well established players with deep benches keep coming in here and getting sentimental about numbers while all us newer players keep getting matched with your sentimental alliances in war and feed you like Aife and Derric.

There is a problem, this may not fix it completely but it will help. It is a big step in the right direction.

1 Like

The Change will make them closer. Maybe if the decrease in 5* were a little bigger, or the last ascension gets a higher coefficient.

1 Like

I would rather see points increased, so increase tp with 3* and 4* hereos and leave 5* way they are. Same result and lot less complains from players. I know, points don’t matter, but it psycological thing and 4000 is goal to many players.

8 Likes

All though it may reflect better the legendary and epic heros actual strength and better AW match making, I think your focus should be elsewhere. The community that invested hard earned money into your game and got nerfed heros different from beta is very upsetting. Example Boss Wolf!!! Now you wish to lower his full stats by 43 points. On top of his special already being of horrible value to any and all who invested money to get him! I truly believe your focus should be elsewhere!