Merc merc merc and merc some more

I completely agree with you Pops! I have been playing almost 2yrs. I mod merc rooms and am in several leadership rooms. I see more problems with war deserters than merc issues.
#IstandwithMercs

Huh? They aren’t just a “problem” ? Makes it sound like you think they are, but doesn’t make sense with the rest of what you said.

@Ralsha

Problem A: The merc loophole with loot.

Affects: SG and players.

Rules: None.

Solution: Borderline remove mercs.

Problem B: Cup Dropping.

Affects: Players

Rules: None.

Solution: Who cares, it’s ‘not against the rules’.

Conclusion A: if it affects SG, changes occur.
Conclusion B: if it affects players, who cares.

4 Likes

More accurately; mercs aren’t the problem, but that loophole, realistically, is.

1 Like

I am going to defend mercs here. Mercs don’t hurt the players as long as they’re open and honest about being mercs, and only joining alliances that are actively requesting mercs. The random roaming mercs who join open alliances just to kill titans are kind of a nuisance, but those who only join when requested are actually helping (and nerfing their own potential rewards in the process).

As for cup dropping: overall it’s harmful for raids, but most players who have played the game for long enough know how to spot them and know not to raid them in the first place. Personally I only ever raid from my watchtower (all revenges, so they can’t attack me back again - or at least they’re not supposed to be able to). If you’re looking for “fresh meat” to attack in raids, you have to consider the possibility that they might be cup dropping (and even if they’re not, there is a good chance that even the lower teams might be able to successfully revenge you… that’s the risk you take when you do the initial raid). And also, let’s be honest: most seasoned players don’t use the same team for attacks that they use for defense, so in a sense, every raider is potentially “hiding something” from their attacker.

… and as for how cup levels compare to war matchups… trophies aren’t even supposed to be taken into consideration with regards to war scoring. War matchups are supposed to be based on the total power of each participant’s overall benches, not just what they’re “showing” for their raid defense. I’m not 100% convinced that this is entirely true, but that is what has been claimed (and anyway, my alliance still gets matched against teams with far more trophies than we have, so either way the concept is moot to me personally).

3 Likes

Ah okay. TY. That makes sense now. Not that mercs are a problem but what happens to them is a problem because they too are players and being effected.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. Mercs have had unfair advantages which everyone defending them likes to ignore.

I recently become a Merc more or less and I’m not looking for attention as some of you think the Merc do. I’m usually going to help for rare Titan doesn’t matter how many stars have that fella because I have got Miki and with him I can do what others don’t (high score with no effort) only need couple of mana pot and the job is done

2 Likes

Not sure why anyone cares if people Merc or not. The titan timer and reduced loot hasn’t stopped anyone from Mercing. Be your reasoning of helping or just flexing.

2 Likes

I love the AW, but I’m hunting for rare Titans now.

Each day one rare is killed — every day 5-30 emblems. I don’t even have to spend small mana or axes. By the way, 4* maths are also there.

I hope one day, SG will find a way how to kill completely mercenary. Nothing changed with the last ”merc nerfs”. I see tons of top players leaving alliances and going for hunting some extra emblems and maths.

1 Like

Stop blatantly lying. Seriously. You’re referring to me. You posted that nonsense 4 days ago and it’s been weeks since the merc nerfing. Plain and simple you HAVE to be IN an alliance BEFORE a rare titan spawns to collect ANY loot of significance. Remove the word “rare” from titan and such still stands true.

If you believe so firmly in your stance, you shouldn’t have to blatantly lie to try and achieve some point.

2 Likes

There was a loophole. I acknowledged that. However, the way it was handled is just irritating and sad.

You want less mercs? You want less floating around? Then do what mercs been saying for 2 years now.

Make alliances worth it.

2 Likes

Guess it depends on your philosophy of playing

For some of us we like alliances for the comradery and that’s enough.

For others I guess you are looking for material rewards worth the effort and don’t mind jumping to higher * titans to achieve that. There is the element of helping others too which can be nice if done properly

I can see how this makes sense for the individual merc but if you do the comparison between say an alliance that asks for help and an alliance that doesn’t - in war and titans - perhaps the mere fact that one alliance gets a bit of extra help is slightly unfair to the alliance that didn’t ask for it.

And maybe you can say ‘tough luck because the alliance should have asked for help’ but there is just something satisfying and nice about being a self sufficient alliance

That said if ppl want to do that it’s not like I can stop em

Comraderie is Irrelevant to the problem.

If mercing is an issue, well was, an issue to loot - then it is, by default, already based on material. Other, as you say, ‘benefits’ are irrelevant. Furthermore, the merc groups have it’s own distinct comraderie anyway.

Above the problem is, simply, loot. A merc, prior, could get more of it and faster then one in an alliance could ever hope to achieve. 5 wars to get a war chest, 5 days minimum to get a titan chest, weeks in between rare titans, so on and so forth.

The problem, at one time, was that there was no titan timer. Being that there’s no cooldown on a titan chest - with one titan flask, one person could fight 6 rare titans in one day. That is, in the overall scheme, an issue. Well, was. Now you can’t. Now you can’t even be unaffiliated with an alliance, no timer, you join and kill an already spawned titan = you get nothing for it.

But yes… comraderie. Because everyone loves it and everyone must conform or well to bad. You get nothing.

1 Like

Mercs now come before a titan spawns. Minutes before that and jump in a new one if that’s now rare.

Most mercs got lists of alliances or using messengers for that.

…and?

Once you leave = timer.

You cannot get credit towards the chest, nor receive any decent loot while this timer is active. Even if you are in before a titan spawns, if you are still running a timer = reduced loot.

Not seeing your point. Most mercs, in that sense, are forced to be an alliance member albeit temporarily.

It seems that you don’t get the point. I kill rare titans every day with emblems and full loot. A lot of merc do that these days. If you don’t know how to do that doesn’t mean that it’s not possible.

2 Likes

How you pull that off?

Taking down a rare every day with full loot is possible but takes some decent planning and luck. The only hard part is actually finding an alliance that will spawn a rare.

First you defeat a rate titan and leave the alliance which will start the 20 hour loot cooldown. Then you have to find an alliance to join and hope they actually get a rare (which will probably take a few tries and possibly a few hours). Last step would be to hope that the titan doesn’t get beat before the 20 hour cooldown is over. You could wait a while before starting your search to give yourself more room for error.

I’m just assuming this is how it would work. I’ve never actually done this.

1 Like

Is the loot cooldown 20 hours now? I thought it was 12…

Though I’m probably thinking of the titan chest… I don’t merc and I haven’t switched alliances in a long time, so I don’t really remember anything about the “reduced loot” timer.