Mental health is more than a word!

Everyone should have a Hawkmoon, everyone needs a Hawkmoon! (legions of Hawkmoons; if only that special skill stacked…)

1 Like

Hey @sft1965 thanks for the shout out. Good to see you here and in good spirits. Anything I can do to help there, just ask, my friend.

Mental health can be a very fragile thing, and the longer you’ve lived the more you have experienced that both first- and second-hand. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you on your next cycle.

And I want to be there in the car park for the rumble!

2 Likes

Just between you and me, one of the ‘qualities’ that my best friends admire in me is that I cannot physically deliberately hurt someone. It actually makes me sick. The only thing waiting for you in the car park is a beer!

2 Likes

Aw man you mean I still have to fight him?

Nah I’m not scared or anything, it’s just that… I don’t like hurting people I like.

How about this… next time I pull an extra Hawkmoon… I’ll keep her in my back pocket… then @sft1965 and I can meet in the car park… I’ll pretend to swing at him and miss, then I’ll let him catch me with a left hook… I’ll fall down and say, “okay, okay, okay, man! You win! Here, she’s yours!” handing over my duplicate Hawk

2 Likes

Yay beer pong! Now there is a blast from my past.

Last man standing wins :rofl:

2 Likes

But my Hawkmoons are ‘special’ as are my Azar twins…

ALL Hawkmoons are special and unique. Every one of them. They have told me so many times.

1 Like

At this stage I feel like i am making fun of myself. All I meant to do was explain some really strange recent behaviour. I sat on it for a week after I got posting rights back and decided without a game account i had nothing to lose. (Deep sigh…)

Everything i have said is totally legit but i don’t want it to define me!

1 Like

I’m probably making fun of myself every time I post here. Or at least, somebody probably is. And rightfully so! Half the time, I don’t know what I’m talking about. The other half of the time, nobody else knows what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken! :joy:

I know I am laughing… but those are profound words and apply to practically everyone!!

6 Likes

There is no truer sign of good mental health. If you can’t laugh at yourself you can’t laugh at anyone.

6 Likes

Cheers, I’m pretty certain i have never been to shy about my shortcomings but I feel pretty rational atm and hilarity is a way a away. (I’m nor crying however; I just never get used to it. When everything collapses it is pretty devastating for a short while (~4 -6 weeks)).

Thanks for your thoughts!

5 Likes

I sooooo relate to large segments of your post; it’s uniquely you, but I recognize the signposts of that journey.

Btw, I redacted you’re pic to protect your RL name (emails and other identifying marks are routinely removed to protect Forum members privacy, as per Rule 11 of #forum-rules)

I left your incredible post to speak to others with similar struggles. :blush:

4 Likes

If I were to edit out my surname, might that be okay? It was meant to demonstrate that I can be positive and you can see the start of the list of support groups I get a feed for and or have participated in. The site is quite well respected and is not a forum (it’s quite different and edits are not allowed, providing a powerful incentive not to be wrong).

The screenshot (which I edited out everything that could identify others) was meant to be the centrepiece for an explanation and an apology; not some ‘excuse’ for awful behaviour.

Cheers.

EDIT: I checked out what you did and apart from the resolution, that was thoughtful (I genuinely thought the rule was to protect others as people routinely put up Line ID’s but I respect your decision).

3 Likes

It was actually just following #forum-rules as seen here:

I appreciated your bravery is posting about this. Those who live it or who have loved ones similarly afflicted will recognize your experience at once. Those who do not, may not understand. :thinking:

5 Likes

oh no… my boyfriend and I are both lightweights when it comes to that. Though we’re equally light, so we always get drunk at the same time. Which can be good when we’re drinking at home, and bad when we have to get home from somewhere else…

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never been great at most sports that require throwing an object towards or into a certain target, or sports that require hitting or catching a moving object. Not sure if it’s a vision issue or a hand-eye coordination thing. I’m actually fairly decent at archery, surprisingly… I guess it’s because that just requires pointing in the right direction… would be different if I had to physically throw the arrow (I’m horrible at darts… more likely to accidentally fling a dart into the back of somebody’s head than actually get it on the board).

I can, however, hold my liquor fairly well. Sometimes my aim actually improves once I’ve got a few drinks in me.

3 Likes

@sft1965,

Your bravery, heart and caring are a true example to all of us. As is your resilience.

NEVER stop, even when the obstacles seem insurmountable. Know you have people around the world who support you and wish you well.

Namaste

:smiley_cat::heart:

3 Likes

I have this hilarious image to think of, my 1.8 litre Citroen diesel vs a US ‘weapon’…

1 Like

Nice to see you back and active. It’s late and I haven’t given myself enough time to read this thread thoroughly… wanted to at least say hey. : )

Will swing back by tomorrow.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings