troops
analysis
game_mechanics
non-rainbow_team

Subject
[Mechanics] Troops on non-rainbow teams- Damage, Miss, Crit

Posted from my smartphone

Shield Damage
Shield Damage from matching 3+ is calculated as if all attack stat for all heroes of the same color where a single hero’s attack stat.

Example: 7/8 Melendor 4* 2.7 has attack 416 while 4/8 Brienne 3* 3.40 has attack 431 so they would count as a green hero with attack 847.

But troops boost only the hero they are following.

Example: 7/8 Melendor 4* 2.7 has attack 453 with Deepwood Ents Lvl 8 while 4/8 Brienne 3* 3.40 has attack 478 with Rebel Illusionists Lvl 3 so they count as a green hero with attack 931.

This is why leveling multiple troops is important when running the same colors.

Special cases for miss and crit
For accuracy (blind or gamblers stance) & Crit, the game appears to randomize troops when you match shields for damage.

Example: If you are running Deepwood Ents and Rebel Illusionists, each troop would have a 50% chance of replacing a shield for match 3 shield damage. In this situation, if Melendor is blinded or under Gambler’s Stance, Deepwood Ents would have their accuracy decreased. If you matched 4 shield, and all were replaced by Rebel Illusionists, you would have normal accuracy. If all were replaced by Deepwood Ents, all would have to roll for accuracy. More likely some would be replaced by Ents and some by Illusionists.

Example: If you are running Deepwood Ents and Rebel Illusionists, each troop would have a 50% chance of replacing a shield for match 3 shield damage. In this situation, if you matched 4 shield, and all were replaced by Rebel Illusionists, you would have +5% crit for all four shield. If all were replaced by Deepwood Ents, all would have +0% crit for all four shields. More likely some would be replaced by Ents and some by Illusionists.

If you run 3 different troops then each troop would have a 1/3 chance of replacing a shield for match 3 shield damage.

Data
7/8 Melendor 4* 2.7= Attack 416, Defense 342, HP 584
Deepwood Ents Lvl 8 3*= Attack +9%, Defense +16%, HP +3%, Healing +12%

6/8 Kashhrek 4* 3.1= Attack 379, Defense 448, HP 914
Village Fighters Lvl 4 2*= Attack +12%, Defense +7%, HP +4%,

4/8 Brienne 3* 3.40= Attack 431, Defense 432, HP 651
Rebel Illusionists Lvl 3 3*= Attack +11%, Defense +11%, Healing +8%, Crit +5%

This is not correct.

Crit is calculated as part of the base hero damage, before the summation and troop selection. That last part only affects Blind to my knowledge.

You just rained on his parade!

Thank you. I am trying to figure this out for challenge events, Knights of the Round starts tomorrow, since many teams double up on a non-reflected color.

What is the v1.9.5 crit formula?

Trying to figure it out myself, I just farmed 8-7 with 2 world energy flasks without a single critical hit.

I used two Trainer Hero 3* Blue to keep the damage the same, and the only hero with crit troops is one of the blue Trainers.

Team
Trainer Hero 3* blue x2
Rigard
Scarlett
Isshtak