🏅 [May 7, 2019] 5th Raid Tournament! — 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

Att buff yes, def down no. All active good buffs on your allies will count, no matter what they will do. I dont know, if they will stack for multiple 20% plusses and guess no.

Maxed ------ Athena - Boril - Aegir - Magni - Kiril // Think that will be pretty nasty :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I agree this will be an Aegir hero tournament where he will be shining in the spotlights.
All this time he did not get much love and after his recent buff he is already nice and strong. Now that greens are not allowed to counter him it will be very hard to win battles when he has done his special thing.

I wish I had one now :joy:

Why is everyone putting Kiril in the corner? He will not even go off that way, right? Should he not tank or flank instead?

1 Like

No offense, but I find this week’s restriction a bit silly… I was looking forward to this, but - I have to say - that’s not what I expected. Basically you could name this weekly raid “U have Aegir? U already won!”
Here comes my issues:

1. U don’t have any other (not only blue) heroes in the game who would be stronger or at least similarly strong than Aegir.
  2. That wouldn’t be (necessarily) a problem, however here comes restriction green. Now… even if you play Kiril, u can’t really allow him to go off so u’ll need to stack more or less. With stacking u can take Kiril (or other “buffer tank”) in a much easier manner. U have no chance against Aegir. (I play my raids with mono teams lately and Aegir tends to survive an Evelyn, Buddy, Gregorion, Lianna, Zeline 3 match-tile cascade)! :open_mouth:
  3. No problem - u could think - I’ll try to make use of my Zeline, as she could be a best counter. No, you won’t!
  4. I don’t even mention The Hatter, Evelyn of Melendor. Players would need them caz’ of their abilites since green seems to be the richest regarding dispels, but they can’t use them because of their colour.

Overall thoughts: in my humble opinion either blue, red, purple or yellow restriction could’ve been a much better choice. I can accept the fact that there’ll be situations where I’ll have a disadvantage against other players and that’s cool, it still can be fun. Right now tho’ what I feel is pure frustration, it’s like my hands were tied up.

Peace and luv ya’ all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, as @Olmor said, green heroes will not be allowed in this Tournament at all, either on Defense or Offense.

2 Likes

The attack boost is per buff and stacks.

From my top post:

1 Like

Hello. Do elemental links or family bonuses count as buffs? Thanks in advance

I think that with any tourney rules you could make a case for certain heroes. I think the rules and restriction are random. If there was some other restriction then people would complain that in that certain tourney Guin would be OP.

3 Likes

So far in my team: Kage, QoH, Aegir. Aegir is really a god here with all his buffs and QoH can protect him from debuffs if she casts. Kage for the debuff & damage, but I’m a bit afraid of yellows& blue.
Options for the rest: Kiril, Sonya, Boril, or Richard

The defense buffs overwrite each other, but Kirils heal and attack buff would still be nice.
Borils counterattack is also bad with Aegir, so it’s unlikely I include him.
Richard could potentially debuff the enemys. Sonya is more likely to do that, but she’s also a bit weaker.

I think this raidT is good for me. My best tank options are all blue, and now the enemy can’t stack green. Though with Aegir tank you can just stack against flanks and I don’t think my options for mono blue are good.
I don’t use Sonya& Sabina outside of war, but now they get another turn to shine.
No need for powerlevel since almost all of my heroes are near max level or waiting for mats. I’m just raising 3*s because I can’t put the feeders anywhere else. I also now have a 2/20 Aife, but this Tounament doesn’t allow green :confused:

Aegir still doesn’t scare, I’ve never used green against him anyway. Though against a blue stack I can’t run my usual team with 3 reds. Well maybe I’ll still try

Usual team against Aegir

1 Like

Sure, that can happen anytime that’s the reason I went through all the heroes regarding buffs and I found this conclusion. I hope it’s gonna’ circle and this one will come back only in two months. :slight_smile:

She wouldn’t stand all those attacking legends, even if she was blue…

But If I put her as Tank the attacker will surely be scared of her scornful-looking face and leave me alone

3 Likes

They will actually quit the tournament. It’s true, I read it, in a book.

4 Likes

Elemental Links are buffs, Family Bonuses are not.

2 Likes

That’s true. They will want to reroll, but since that’s not allowed in the tourny, they will be forced to just quit.

1 Like

If you’ll be lucky enough to pull Sigrun, you’d probably win this tour… fast and hitting hard :wink:

1 Like

Don’t worry, the rewards are still ■■■■.

1 Like

I think you have the same problems with other colour restrictions, except with other tanks instead of Aegir.
Limit purple and all the Guin/Delilah players have the advantage.
Forbid blue and the GMs will be even more OP.

3 Likes

Would be cool to have such rules for wars, too. Finally a reason to use the full potential of your roster and not always the same teams.

4 Likes