Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/Blue
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Oct 20, 2019] 27th Raid Tournament! — 4* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

:crossed_swords: Tournament De Guv

Last Time

Click to view summary of last time

Defence: B,A,A,A,A

Options

Defence Team

Thinking something along the lines of:

No real ideas tho so anyone can chime in haha

2 Likes

Will probably go something like:

Lancelot - cTibs - Wilbur (+19) - Gretel - Sumitomo

It’s not perfect, but it’ll do… Wilbur isn’t a great tank but he’s my most heavily emblemed option for this one.
As much as I love Buddy, I don’t want green if possible.
Sumi and Lance aren’t ideal but again it’ll do.

Not my favourite setup of colours and rules, but we’ll see how it goes.

I think i will try something like that

hoping that my fast speed heroes do the job and trying to not going with slow heroes

$1,000,000 question is: Wilbur+6 or BT+14 w/ max costume bonus as tank?

Stats:
Wilbur: 620 atk, 726 def, 1179 HP
BT: 632 atk, 858 def, 1325 HP

Normally would’ve been a no-brainer to use BT, but for bloody battle he seems sub-optimal. Only saving grace is with blue banned, only dispellers are in green (Caedmon, Melendor) and purple (Sabina). You probably wouldn’t want to stack green against a red tank, and you probably don’t want to bring Sabina just for her to only dispel and literally do nothing else. So in that sense BT with his atk buff would still seem better.

OTOH, without a dispeller on hand, Wilbur’s spirit link is way more annoying, since it turns attacking snipers into (weak or at best, moderate) AoE hitters. And for bloody battle this is arguably way more useful.

OTOOH, BT has much higher defense and HP, and without a strong color stack, is almost guaranteed to go off at least once. Plus all the usual caveats with Wilbur being a liability yada yada. :thinking:

A better strategy than dispelling in this case is overwriting — I’d bring Scarlett.

5 Likes

Ah good point, but it’s only to 3, though I suppose the center 3 is the most dangerous in early-mid battle anyway and you can ignore the wings for the first few turns.

In any case, this is what I’m tinking:

Obviously still need to decide between Wilbur and BT, could also replace Caed with Hansel+11, though really not a fan of Hansel on D since his special takes some timing to get maximum effect, and the AI is just too dumb for that.

1 Like

I know Buddy on wing is not optimal for giving away 1 minion.

Options: Chao, Proteus, Tiburtus, Cat … thoughts?

@sleepyhead

1 Like

lets see if this works?

1 Like

I’d probably go Tibs over Buddy… Buddy is a tank, I don’t see why you’d wing him?
Running a yellow but no purple is begging opponents to bring purples (Proteus? Merlin?)

1 Like

Should I put Wilbur as a tank?

2 Likes

I’m thinking…

Not 100% sold on it but only non healing emblemed 4*s are buddy and jackal. Other maxed reds are Sumitomo, Scarlett, gormek and Kelile so I’m not seeing a way better option

1 Like

@Vikingblood80 I’m in a similar boat. I would drop Buddy, if I look at the vanilla 4*s, Red is full of direct damagers. Purple and Yellow would struggle more against Buddy.

I would go Tibs to balance off your Li Xiu, and for the consistent direct damage and defense debuff - will add pressure on the opponent. Proteus and Cat are bit too “slow” for bloody battle, IMO (and Proteus has never performed well on defense for me). Chao doubles up on Yellow, which is risky.

Positioning then becomes the problem…

Would Tibs / Li Xiu / Gormek / Colen / Scarlett work?

Better then putting Colen at wing and separating Tibs and Li

and I just recommended to you, my OWN defense! (still have to mess around with the order…)

(Btw, I also have Kelile +2 and Lancelot +15, but I prefer Colen for AOE and Scarlett has better emblems + attack debuff; already decided on Tibs over Cyprian and Proteus for the Purple slot; and my only other serious Yellow options are Chao and Hu Tao.)

1 Like

Toying with this lineup:

I also have Kelile and Boldtusk to choose from among Fire heroes. Really wish I had a Wilbur. I have a Gormek that I haven’t started upgrading yet - is he even worth it?

In terms of pure power, I was thinking of Caedmon+19, Guardian Jackal+20, Cyprian+20, Colen+20, and Tibertus +20.

Suggestions welcome.

2 Likes

Will probably use this:

But could change boldtusk to sumitomo

I’m leaning towards boldtusk, because +12, the attackboost and sumi’s ripost clashing with wilburs defenseboost.

Other options:
Purple: merlin, rigard (c), cyprian, (proteus at 4/45)
Yellow: danza, hu tao (Chao at 4/50)
Green: melendor (and gadeirus at 4/40)

Any suggestions for improvement?

1 Like

Cat is fast and Tiburtus and Proteus are average. Only thing that my Proteus is stronger than my Tiburtus. Both work very well together with Li.

Yeah that’s the way to go. :+1:

Hence the “slow” in quotes. I mean, they are a bit too indirect, I prefer the more direct approach on defense with Tibs / Scarlett / Colen rather than Proteus and Cat’s DoT. Proteus has the nice mana block, but doesn’t do much when an attacker goes mono and just rams you with tiles.

1st draft…

Other options…

2 Likes

What do you guys think? Boldtusk has no emblems, but a fully leveled costume.

2 Likes