šŸ”µ [May 27, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Just so everyone is aware, there is, in fact, Holy Element sorcerers with Norns and Costumed Vivica, so even though our boards saw a barrage of yellow tiles that served as mana bonuses for the bosses, two of which were purple in Stage 3, it still serves to remind us that maybe some Holy hero couldā€™ve made it even easier.

And there are no new costumes released for Holy heroes in the last update, so new sorcerers in Holy from there either.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sabina + 20
  • Kiril +20 (with costume on last ascension, but not maxed)
  • Proteus +7
  • Skittleskull +8 (with costume on last ascension, but not maxed)

Compared to last time, Skittleskull is up 5 talents, and Proteus is up 4. Also, I started working on Skittleskullā€™s costume, and I drew Kirilā€™s and immediately started working on it, so they both got some stat boosts.

Learning from last trial, I used specials more generously in the mob waves, and that was a great decision. No healing required, and they went down much faster. When trying to recharge my specials for the bosses (which I did), I managed to make and preserve a blue and a purple diamond, so I had a rockinā€™ start to the boss wave. Balthazar started to fire, but I took him down with tile damage before he got the chance. During one particularly dry spell on the board, neither Proteus nor Onatel were controlling mana, and neither Kiril nor Sabina were ready with a heal, so I had to use 3 healing potions on Proteus to keep him going, and Ulmer managed to fire. Took a few tiles for Kiril to rectify that situation, but he did, and my crew kept on truckinā€™ right through Ulmer. Quintus also fired, but with Kirilā€™s buff active, that was no big deal, and Onatel and Proteus ensured he never got the chance again.

Emblems from a previous stage took Proteus to +7, so no movement for him. Sorcerer emblems take Skittleskull to +9. Trainer hero to Sartana.

4 Likes

Why people emblem Skittleskull?
Sabina is way better standard sorcerer.

3 Likes

Well, youā€™ll notice my Sabina is already at +20. She was the first sorcerer I maxed. I also have Ameonna at +19. My other sorcerer options are Gill-Ra, Jahangir, and Chochin. I donā€™t believe in letting emblems go unused, unless I already know who they are going to when that hero is maxed. They donā€™t do any good just sitting there, and reset tokens are common enough for me. Iā€™m also embleming Skittleskull on the attack path for her cleric costume, which I almost have maxed, hoping she might be able to add some needed punch to my cleric trial teams. Sheā€™s also on my mono green team for blue titans for her high tile damage. So, yeah, there are reasons. Some of us are F2P and donā€™t have boffo options in every class.

6 Likes

off topic :slight_smile:

Are you going through attack or def / hp path on you Jean Francois?

on topic.

keep discussing please :joy:

2 Likes

Kiril+18 - Sartana - Anzogh+7 - Proteus+18 - Sabina+19

4 Likes

I would rather bench emblems or emblem second Sabina. Sorry, I hate Skittelskull very much.

2 Likes

Your prerogative. Iā€™ll use what I have. I need help in green more than purple.

4 Likes

Mainly focusing on attack, so his DoT becomes more effective and powerful. His special already helps create a defense barrage, so Iā€™m not overly concerned about his Defense Stat. Hereā€™s where Iā€™m at so farā€¦

4 Likes

I switched in Proteus (4/63) for Merlin. Rest remained with Sartana +10 / Sabina / Jean-FranƧois +2 / Kiril +11.

This was quite easy, since Proteus basically prevented any specials going off until the bosses were well under 100 hp. Used mana potions and one healing potion.

Trainer to Proteus. Jean-FranƧois will likely take the wizard emblems. Sorcerers banked.

4 Likes

Proteus (4/20), skittleskull 3/60, kiril, costume mell and merlin. Managed without items, and with double green ulmer was quickly gone without firing. Balthazar was next, but quintus managed to fire quite a few time because of unintended cascades just before merlin could silence him. Proteus remaining with a sliver of health, so close call.

4 Likes

This Trial is easy because of Proteus, but the rest of the team is looking good, too. Norns is in the mix now, and Kirilā€™s Costume (which ROCKS). Probably the first time I can remember having a rainbow team for one of theseā€¦

Left at home: Cheshire Cat, Sabina, Merlin, 3^70 Isarnia

Emblems for Proteus and Natalya. Costume Joon eats the trainer.

4 Likes

I think I have a few on Skittle because my only two Sorcerer are Sabina + Skittle, and I had way too many emblems, and I have Sabina at +17 with about 350 sorcerer emblems still left .
I only use Skittle for trials or if I REALLY need to use him as a green stack in wars.

As soon as I get other Sorcererā€™s, I will happily remove all emblems from Skittle and put on the newbie.

2 Likes

Another gimp team, same as last time. Took minor healing pots, arrows, bombs and tornadoes. Used half the arsenal. CHawkmoon is like a baby Boldtusk. Proteus is the star of course. And everyone took a shot at Ameonna ghosted but I got a nice cascade of purple and bye bye Ulmer. Jahangir French fried Quintusā€™ golems. One tornado later, and I managed to get the purpleā€™s up again. My Balthazar out wizarded the evil Balthazar.

And I managed to squeak another win.

6 Likes

Mine was very Purple heavy with Quintus, Proteus and Merlin conjuring up some craziness.

I had Mitsuko finished for this one as well and with all the mana shenanigans it was a bit of a breeze being honest this time. They either couldnā€™t fire the fire, hit a mate or were frozen.

Kinda felt sorry for their weak magicfu

3 Likes

Trials reminded me that Iā€™m lacking in offensive wizards or offensive sorcerersā€¦ and made me think about how, to my knowledge, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any holy wizards yet, or holy sorcerers. (not counting costumes)

I struggled and had to make a second attempt through it with this line-up:

• Skittleskull (3/60)
  • Kashhrek (max + 4 embs)
  • Kiril (max + 10 embs)
  • Sabina (max + 10 embs)
  • Chochin (max + 10 embs)

I know that I will have to hope to get Sartana soon. But oof, I forget that Iā€™m fighting dark with dark on that last stage. (It also reminded me that I often struggled with Trials of Shadow too because I lacked a lot of rogues)

5 Likes

Finished trial with usage of a couple of battle items.

Sartana is 3/70
JF is 3/70
Proteus is 4/40
Other maxed.

Trainer will go to finishing Proteus (got him last Atlantis), emblems to bench (to Kiril or JF when finished, for sorcerer - I do not have even Sabina yet).

4 Likes

Onatel and Guin are two.

2 Likes

Left Proteus outā€¦ Purely because I felt like it.

RGB only:
JF+0, Locke+11, cIsarnia+10, Kiril, Melendor.

No trouble :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tavern of Legends ainā€™t never going to give me Onatel, no matter how much I ask. Guinevere actually doesnā€™t sound too bad of an option, though isnā€™t she also more of a healer than offensive? I can see her keeping the enemy from using their specialā€¦ for a turn.

2 Likes