đŸ» [May 22, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event – FAQ & Team Discussion

So many people complaining that it’s too easy!?!
The tavern was just right.
I have 2 accounts, a cheap & a free. I finished with my cheap but won’t with my free because I’m running out of blue heroes.
Not everyone has been playing since the games inception or spending a ton of money. Yes, some of you have 60 or more 5* heroes that are stacked with emblems. You get to be in the top for raids, tournaments, & challenge events. You can mono attack everything in war. That’s great. But the game is “strategy” and those of us who got started later should still have a chance to finish the quests.
If you want more challenge, go replay hard modes with 4* heroes

2 Likes

K so video SHOULD be more interesting now

Accidentally uploaded a super awkward silent version
 Fixed now with sound and music

I guess I see it slightly differently. If the next time it comes out and there were two more levels, in addition to the ones that were there this time, would that detract from the experience for you, or would that be fine?

I think its reasonable to have content available for a wide range of bench levels, personally. New players and f2p players should always have access to content and get rewards for it. But I don’t see what is wrong with having challenging content for higher levels too.

2 more levels would be nice. And ward us more 90 coins. To make 1 more pull for who doesn’t got bane.

Got to say i was rather disappointed in the Taverns event. I completed it within a few hours with the aid of a flask. The disappointment was the scale of the rewards. Completing the event to gain 2 free pulls in a portal with the likely outcome being 2 x 3* heroes (food). Maybe, as a suggestion, there needs to be variation in the rewards, i.e. ascension items. The player should have the opportunity to choose either a free pull or maybe a random 3* or 4* ascension item.

1 Like

I think that this tavern too easy i found all heroes\bosses like slow or very slow at using ability

Yeah, honestly you didn’t really need any healers. It was like they didn’t gain mana normally. I brought some pots and bombs just in case but it was like the rating for TP you needed was 1000 pints higher then the reality of it. Probably the “nerf crowd” was taking into consideration in case someone couldn’t finish it
 all that’s left is a “blue ribbon” gets flashed on your screen when completing it.

I was surprised I finished the last stage with a TP of 3300. I used Proteus and super mana potions to keep the bosses in check, Delilah and Aeron only went off once and I lost two people. Like everyone is saying the summoning odds really suck, not really worth spending gems on. But it was a fun event, with some tweaks, maybe some 4* HotM could make this better.

That you can finish the last level with 4* heroes with few or no emblems means it’s too easy. I used 3*s through stage 6. That’s just silly. This isn’t a “roster mastery” event as it stands.

Heck, my alt/free account with a max team power of 3600 did the 9th level. I scrounged up spares to do L7. Only reason I can’t do 10 is because I outright don’t have enough heroes. I will next month, presuming they don’t actually make this vaguely challenging.

But, hey, the challenge fits the rewards right now.

1 Like

Just finished the event.

The event itself was fun, I really enjoyed it. The rewards are abysmal. A whole bunch of basic detritus and two 3.5% chances at a real prize.

It might not be challenging enough to warrant a 4* mat, but something from the next tier down would be nice, like a compass or gloves, 3* trainer, WE flask, reset button
 something. Anything.

It seems that this is following the Costume Masquerade loot package, where summon tokens are the only grand prize. But unwanted or duplicate costumes aren’t worthless - those unwanted costumes are like super-trainers for leveling other costumes. Personally, I don’t even mind getting sadsack 3*s in the Costume Chamber since they still have a great value.

However pulling two three stars from this event is just deflating - not because I expect or deserve to get a 5* just for finishing, but two scratch-off tickets for the whole thing with a bunch of map farming odds & ends is not very “legendary”. Two bad pulls is expected given the pull rates, so whatever, same old same old. But finishing a monthly special event without a single thing of value from the whole challenge doesn’t get me too excited for the next one.

People spent a fair amount of time planning their teams, and some of us crafted expensive battle items just for this event. At the end of the day, I might as well have spent my flags on regular farming stages. At least then I wouldn’t be kicking myself for wasting a bunch of dragon attacks & time stops just to get more common herbs & rope. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has provided and summarized the information so quickly.
So I was able to inform my teammates promptly.
It’s really a great community here.

3 Likes

More levels is a good idea. Given how meagre the summoning chances are, it doesn’t seem too greedy to ask for more chances to earn coins. 15 levels like the challenge events, with the last level being approximately as hard as challenge events too, would seem about right. Not sure I’d get all the way to the end, mind you, but a stab at another level or two would have been ok, and obviously some people would just cruise through. I also agree there should be an extra little goody at the end like an avatar or some such.

Of course I couldn’t resist using the coins, including the bought ones. One Aeron (does anyone need Aeron these days? But better than no HOTM) and six dinners. Given that the odds are so poor I am reasonably ok with that as a result.

Oh yes, who did I use, you asked. Bunch of 3* and unlevelled 4/5* for the first four levels, part-levelled 4s and 5s for the next three, best 4*-5* blends for the rest. Can’t remember details but think I went 3-2 blue-purple on 8, green-red on 9 and my favourite Seshat-Jackal-Rigard-Joon-Proteus for the last. I so must level up another Proteus
 Used small mana, medium health, time stops and bombs (because I forgot to swap to dragon attacks), used about half of each. I didn’t use Rigard costumed because I prefer full-flavour heals for most purposes, call me peculiar if you must.

I agree that the event was a little underwhelming for long time players. I got through it easily, and probably could have gotten through the levels twice
 Which got me thinking, instead of adding additional levels, why not let players replay the event for additional rewards?

You could even do something like double or nothing to make it really interesting. Before starting, a player has to choose how many times they want to play through the ToL event. If you choose one, you get the normal rewards. If you choose twice, and make it through all 20 stages, you get 2.5x the rewards. If you fail, you get nothing. If you have 150 heroes and think you can play through 3 times, you get 4x the rewards, but nothing if you fail.

And to the people who are saying stuff like “this event only lets the strong get stronger”
 Even with my proposal above, if you play through 3 times (which is a ton of effort and WE), you get a whole 8 pulls on a summons with terrible odds. This wouldn’t move the needle on the “haves vs the have nots.”

To be fair, Aeron is useful in the emblems quests, since the healers tend to clump in the few same classes. He’s not the best, but he’s something.

1 Like

Thank you for the encouraging response, that’s good to know.

Can anyone please tell me if this will be monthly event or any different?

Thank you

Hey i bought the offer but i didn t get offer 
 i used paysafecard 
 i was chared in my account but i didn t get the offer 
 what happened ?

ABSOLUTELY!

A other GREAT CONCEPT RUINED by greedy SGG/Zynga!

Its not like these things cost $$$ to make! They do not understa d that if they would loosen up the rewards & hero % drops, & you will make MORE money!

I didn’t buy anything this event, because I read the odds. I was shocked at the crappy rewards given for the amount of time & WE consumed by this event!

SGG/Zynga’s stingyness & greed is good for my wallet tho! I’m spending less, & I
are less about advancing quickly, as it feels like any pull is a guaranteed disappointment now! I’m happy just warring, killing titans, & having fun. I guess the aweful loot & hero drops have cured my gambling problem! Thank you so much! Lol

2 Likes

Hi @Konna, welcome to the Forum!

Small Giant doesn’t address account and payment issues on the Forum, and everyone else here is just a fellow player, myself included.

I’d suggest taking a look at the Support website here:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003892065-I-didn-t-get-my-order-

6 teams :crazy_face:

Actually, it might need 8

1 Like