šŸ» [May 22, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

Wouldā€™ve been a great pickup before the green tank meta was killed.

Small tip: donā€™t use her on the secret hero if you donā€™t want to see your entire team burn to death :joy:

As planned, I put my best team on hold as safety measure in case I fail a stage.

It turns out the bosses mana generation is slow enough that I can complete all stages without using my best team.

For stage 1 I use 2* team without emblem, 1 healer. TP 1900

For stage 2-4 I use 3* team without emblem, each team with 1 healer. TP 2500-2600

For stage 5 I use 4* 4/70 without emblem + 5* 3/70, no healer. TP 3600

For stage 6-7 I use mixed team of 4* & 5*. TP 3800-3900

For stage 8-10 I use mixed team of 4*+20 emblem and 5* with only 1 emblem, each team have 2 healers. TP 4000-4100

2 Likes

Costumes are just a different version of the same hero.

Roster mastery isnā€™t a new concept. Itā€™s the same as what is in wars.

Like in wars, the Tavern of Legends letā€™s you use each HERO once. This means you get to use EITHER the costumed or normal version of a hero. Not both.

Exception to this is, like in wars, if you have TWO heroes & use one costumed and the other normal.

1 Like

Did they nerf the speed of the bosses ult?. I got an elemental chest so Iā€™m capped on energy for a while, but did the second stage where Gravermaker was and his ult speed was SO SLOW.

2 Likes

Used 3ā€™s for stage 1-4. Used 4ā€™s for stage 5-8. Used 5ā€™s for stage 9-10.

No items used.

All stages done.

I would probably use better heroes from the start next round and use autobattle for most of it just to save RL time. 37 unused maxed 5* heroes.

One hero died in total. I think it was Mist very close to the end in stage 8. I guess I wouldnā€™t mind a harder mode but too hard to balance without it becoming a pay to win event.

Heroes from coins were Tyrum and Balthazar.

3 Likes

I made a note of that here:

Itā€™s nice but sooooo weirdā€¦

2 Likes

Levels are pretty easy:
1-3 can be done with lvl1 heroes.
4-6 - 3*
7 - unmaxed 4-5* + best 3*
So you need only 15 maxed 4-5* heroes (+5-10 reserve) for the last 3 stages.

Hey thanks a lot for the detailsā€¦ Surely helpmed me form five teamsā€¦ So I am new just 40 days oldā€¦so dinā€™t have much to offer. Had 5 teams with upgradations so just five stages for me. Well the first stage I went with all upgraded two stars only and got it done with them. Still long way to make a mark in the game.

4 Likes

Timestop is OP here.

1 Like

Iā€™ve beat 2 levels so far. This is fun :smile_cat: I kept two of my original 1* heroes (levelled) for sentimental reasons. After all this time, Brand and Sharan finally got to shine again (accompanied by some unlevelled 3*s and a partially levelled Li Xiu.

I loved that intro! (Having a panic induced morning worrying about Coronavirus, so I may quote it wrong :mask:

Alberich: I bring people back to life.

Seshat: So do Iā€¦

:smirk_cat: :scream_cat:

Good luck everybody :beer: :beers:

2 Likes

Finishing level 10 with only 4* heroes. 5 minutes, barely used any items.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: :beers: [May 2020] Portal Stats, Summon Results & Offers ā€“ Tavern of Legends

So Iā€™ve only been playing the game for about 6ish months. I only have 6 teams that are not all leveled or even close. I keep this many because of wars. My question is, is this kind of content where you canā€™t reuse teams common? Iā€™m should I be taking the time to have that many teams or just do what I can when this events come up. Kind of bummed that I won the first 6 stages and didnā€™t get enough coins for a summon.

I would do what I can. It sucks a little to wait for a summonā€¦ but consider the odds and feel better about it :smiley:

1 Like

Other than war this is the first time the ā€œonly use heroes onceā€ mechanic has been seen on a challenge. Just keep grinding away at leveling heroes and you will get better for next month. They said this will repeat so just hang in there

1 Like

I finished easily with Mother North+9, Santa Claus+7, Vela+3, Isarnia+4, and Sartana +3. Was prepared to nuke them from orbit, but it wasnā€™t necessary. Just used a couple of mana pots to recharge Mother North once.

I was very disappointed by the level rewards. They could have at least tossed a 3* trainer hero out there for our efforts.

My 2 draws were hot garbage - Carver and Ulmer.

1 Like

I have been playing for just over a year now and spend little I did this with complete ease. I think the issue is some players are just better then others. You need to plan properly but realistically the first 5 levels are beatable with 3 stars and less. levels six and seven are beatable with maxed weak four stars it doesnt get hard until level 8 if you call that hard which again I had only a single five star in that fight.
the only two levels you actually need maxed fives stars for are the last two. heres what I used.
level 5
lady woolerton at 3.60
captain of diamonds maxed but he trash
costumed bane
costumed bane
costumed bane
level 6
Master lepus only at 4 .42
sonya costumed no emblems
grim no emblems
gaderius no emblems
gobbler no emblems

Level 7
Killhare only at 4.72
Protues 16 emblems
sabina no emblems
Hu Tao 11 emblems
Wu Kong no emblems
Level 8
Costumed Isarnia no emblems!!!
Triton 18 emblems
Kiril no emblems!!!
Bold tusk costume boost and 18 emblems
Wilber 20 emblems
level 9
Mitsuko 14 emblems
Gravemaker 3 emblems
Grazul 14 emblems
Inari 14 emblems
Li Xiu 18 emblems

Level 10
Grimble No emblems!!!
Kagiburado 17 emblems
Rigard costume bonus no emblem
Malosi who wasnt even maxed by the way they only at 4.73
Ranvir 11 emblems

I just used three stars for the first four levels and a mostly 3 star team for fifth.

note i am aware i made a mistake with some embleming.

This event is a lot easier than people are making out people just assume its hard but it really isnt I even had a significant bench left behind I found green wasnt a colour I needed really so I left much of that behind for reserve just in case I failed their.
I had on my bench unused
Lianna 5 emblems (yes the emblems will come of trition once i have the food and iron.)
Telluria 11 emblems
buddy 14 emblems again yes emblems coming off when food
Valeria but she ā– ā– ā– ā–  she maxed though
merlin maxed no emblem
ameona maxed no emblem
tibertus probably should have taken to stack with killhare no emblem.
Danbazuro maxed no emblem
gretal maxed no emblem
chao maxed no emblem
boril maxed no emblem
grim maxed no emblem
grim maxed no emblem note i have three maxed grims only used one it was tough choosing which one though
skittskull costume bonus no emblem
little john maxed no emblem
hansel maxed no emblem
caedamon maxed no emblem
keshreck maxed no emblem
melandor maxed no emblem
anzogh maxed 6 emblems they coming off when isarnia base form maxed
guardian falcon 5 emblem again coming off soon.
azlar 3.70
colen maxed no emblem
scarlet maxed no emblem

you can say I could have used stronger heros as a criticism and you would be right but i wanted reserves just in case and found i did not need. I am not a big spender i basically only take vip and the deals that are two summons for the price of one ($1 per 200 gems or 2 pulls for $3 equivelent.)
I just targeted where and when i did my pulls and planned it. I also targeted challenge events and rare titans for ascention items.

too many people play this game without thinking about strategy and planning.

3 Likes

Iā€™m recharging WE for the last stage right now. The first 9 stages were super easy. I only had to use a mana pot here and there, when the board didnā€™t contain the color for my healer.
The last stage should be easy too, considering that I have 5 emblem boosted 5* left (including Miki and Alberich).
It wasnā€™t a challenge at all. Hopefully they increase the number of stages in the future. The reward is total garbage anyways, so the challenge is all there is to it.

3 Likes

I did this with the bare minimum of planning (I do a lot of that every day for work, I donā€™t want to overplan for this game!)

Verdict: pretty easy for players with developed rosters, though I did have one Proteus each for the last stages - donā€™t know how easy they would have been without him.

• Stages 1-2: mix of maxed but un-emblemed 3s, and even some 3s at 1/1 (Pixie and Ei-Dunn got their first outings today!)
  • Stages 3-5: maxed and emblemed 3*s
  • Stage 6: emblemed 4s and some 3/70 5s (hey there, Sartana and Kadilen!)
  • Stages 7-8: emblemed 4*s
  • Stage 9: Proteus +6, Rigard 3/60 (was a mistake, but he worked fine!), Isarnia 4/50, Aegir +7, Lepus +5
  • Stage 10: Seshat +7, Proteus +19, Rigard +15, Margaret +1, Gregorion +3

Still had tons of unused 3s, 4s and 5*s at the end. But hey, itā€™s nice using some heroes who otherwise never see the light of day (I beat Stages 1-2 with Vlad, un-costumed Renfeld, Dawa and Graymane, for goodnessā€™ sake!) I lost 1-2 heroes each in the final stages, but my team was never in danger of being wiped out. Used a tornado once, and a titanium shield for fun. Otherwise just antidotes, mana potions and healing potions as needed.

Overall it was a nice diversion. Summons were, as expected, vanilla 3*s who immediately got turned into food.

4 Likes

Iā€™d hoped this event would be a fun change of pace, but Iā€™m pretty disappointed, honestly. The fact that the mana on the bosses is sooooo slooooow but they hit really hard with their regular attacks, particularly in later stages, takes some what Iā€™d hoped would be required strategic planning for each of the stages.

Iā€™d rather the bosses charged at a more normal rate, but took a bit off the top of their attack power. A lot of what makes the boss heroes so good is they have interesting and unique specials that take skill and planning to counter. If they never have a chance to fire, theyā€™re just boring tough bosses, and I may as well just play season 3 on hard mode.

6 Likes