šŸ… [May 21, 2019] 6th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Buff Booster, All Elements

At least letā€™s us choose our opponents

A few thoughts:

1. ā€˜hiding attacksā€™ against your D is silly. Let them all count. I am 1-8 on my 9 attacks and will be destined to E for the rest of the tourney. What if the ones that didnā€™t count were 8-0? Even if I went 2-0 on phantom attacks that would be a D rating and meaningful. Or maybe it was 8 more losses. Who cares - they should all count.

2. Some type of transparency is needed on offensive attacks. My guess is that if you have access to the top heroes with emblems you fight similar teams on offense (which has been stated) and as such have access to the largest POOL of available points given you will attack the top teams. I can field almost 3800 TP in 4* so I am seeing all 3700+ teams, which presumably are worth more points than someone facing 3200 teams the entire time. This is a decision that makes people feel good because they always have a shot, but ultimately is a HUGE handicap if you are not the cream of the cream of the crop. Nre players get matched with equivalent teams that are worth less points and therefore they will never be at the top. Whatā€™s the other choice though? Random assignment? LOL, then the forums would be 100% complaining about ā€˜too hardā€™ or ā€˜too easy and not enough points.ā€™

@Raghstpart - what is your general team power you can field in 4*? I am seeing 600 point teams with my attacks given my TP.

@sleeperZ96BT

I know your were asking the guy you were replying to, but whatever. Maybe this will be useful anyway:

I havenā€™t emblemed any 4-star heroes, so my tournament defense team power is 3404, and Iā€™m sure my top five heroes available for this tourney would be around the same TP.

My first three attacks:

1. 565 points for defense team power 3332
  2. 573 for 3371
  3. 580 for 3476

(Iā€™m saving my next two attacks for the next raid chest fill-up)

Well, thatā€™s not a problem. I know what hes thinking, ā€˜ā€™ who is this noob??? ā€˜ā€™ here is my 4* for this tournament. Iā€™m a leader level 53 2600+cups playing year and a half.

If you think this is fair.

Wow, try and help and get attitude, lol. My defense team is 3741. So regardless of level (Iā€™m 65) and time playing (2 years) my defense team is over 160 points higher than yours, and as such will force me to fight harder teams based on matching. Harder teams are more points. This seems to make complete sense to me. So yeah, I think itā€™s it fair that if I have to fight harder teams I get more points.

What were your opponents TP and points?

Mine were: 3592 - 599 and 3577 - 605 and I have 3 hits left.

Iā€™d say if there are any problems itā€™s that thereā€™s almost no difference between a 3300 team and a 3600 team, lol.

Thanks @gregschen for supporting my point with some data.

2 Likes

Tp-points: 3483-581, 3556-588, 3628-595, 3699-102(lost, no tiles at all) 3569-589. I never atack on raids people weaker than me. And this game only give me few points to achieve, even so the boards doesnā€™t help

Yes, the difference in difficulty for the difference in TP is not enough. Itā€™s about 10 difficulty per 100 TP. Even if the difference isnā€™t in the tank, if you saw Onatel flank at 4/80 instead of 3/70, would you think thatā€™s only worth 10 difficulty points? Note that the 200 points you get for a win isnā€™t affected by difficulty, and 112 of that comes from finishing off the fifth hero.

Itā€™s interesting that @sleeperZ96BTā€™s first attack was worth 599 against a 3592 defense, while @Raghstpartā€™s third attack was only worth 595 against a 3628 defense.

Iā€™ll have to review the details the devs have given us, but I guess thereā€™s more to it than just the defense teamā€™s total powerā€¦

Edit:

Ah, it must have to do with the defense teamsā€™ relative performances prior to each of you having been matched against them:

1 Like

Yep - you got it - performance makes a difference, albeit a small one. Iā€™ll post out my next 3 tomorrow after I do them in conjunction with tonightā€™s raid chest :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t even realize I was on there. I surely wonā€™t be now. E defense grade, and probably, wonā€™t ever be hit again for the remainder of the tourney

Tourney is as rubbish as it has been since he start. Defence hit 19 times, won 5 lost 14. As only one attack per hour shows after first 5 on a day, no idea real total. If looking for a fair distribution of hits then 19+ early on day two is ridiculous.

Attacks won 8 out if 8, holding last two until raid chest can to be refilled. Points scored doesnā€™t correlate with the tp of the defending team. Earned more points attack 1 against 3500 to than attack 8 3750 tp. Itā€™s not a tourney just random, so essentially pointless

The defensive teams performance weights the scoring as well, so the team that was higher TP and less points is losing more than the other one.

This tourney is so boring, in my opinion they can remove it from the game ā€¦ Even if they fixed the bugs and matchmaking problems(at least 6 months, like they need to fix wars), this feature lack in competition, is pointless. Is another random stupid thing. Better they invest in wars more, make a leaderboard, at least a history panel, normal stuff that we need so much. This tournament is mehā€¦

So just curious: my defense is corner Aife with a 1* troop (team power 151; daunting, but what can you do; I just had to roll with it). Itā€™s 0-15 right now, and the lowest team power itā€™s faced is a 3389 and the highest is a 3600 +.

I really want to know what the score received was for bludgeoning that. If anyone can help, I think it may offer some data on scoring.

Like did you get a few hundred points, or was it only like 150?

Again, just curious, and thanks in advance.

1 Like

I definitely would flee, Aife is harder than Chuck Norris. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to determine a result with a sample size of 1, but so far, it seems Iā€™m not too shabby at picking defenses afterall.

How long does the tournament last? 3 days ?

2 Likes

I dont have the red and yellow 4* you have in your team, but I believe they are supposed to debuff the opponent against their color.
Are they actually strong enough to be in the team by themselves without a hero of the same color who would take advantage of the color debuff ?