🏅 [May 21, 2019] 6th Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, All Elements

Yes, can’t exploit it anymore:

Due to the way the Team Power is calculated it was possible, for example, to pick a defense team of two fully leveled, fully ascended heroes that were on paper equal in Team Power with a full team of lower rarity heroes, but in practice that full team would be defeated in most cases.

@Wondermoose

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

That’s a good move.
Though highest power matching the criteria doesn’t necessarily mean they are useable - Probably not in this case, since restriction is only 4* but imagine that the restriction is a niche colour for lower levels, e.g. Green. Your 5 highest power heroes there may all be healers, bringing your matchmaking power quite high, but a team you would actually compose of defenders may (by necessity) have a significantly lower power. Similarly, your highest power yellow heroes may be multiple Wu Kongs and snipers for Titans etc. but if pushed to make a defensive yellow team, you would be several hundred points below your attacking team score.

But again, that is unlikely to happen often and is probably the best option out there at the moment.

Just fielfed this until I read that.

Now I changed it due to the new matchmaking.

2 Likes

Lol. @Olmor I would have tested that first Def… Worst case scenario is matching is as they say and you become fodder…

Else … expect easier battles and sweet mana rewards at the end beating weaker opponents… :joy:

1 Like

Hello @Petri. I see that now opponents that attack you will be based on your max TP possible under the rules, that’s fine, I won’t say anything about that.

But here it says

Version 21 Raid Tournaments improvements and changes:

• Players can’t take part in tournaments if they don’t have a full team that meets the Tournament’s requirements.

If I try to put an empty team I get this message:

“Your team can not be empty. Add one hero to your team”

If I put one hero

The game totally accepts that! But in the changes it says the team has to be full!

I know no one will benefit from putting only 1 or 2 fully leveled heroes, but it’s still possible to play with less than 5 heroes in the defense team, and that was supposed to be fixed.

5 Likes

Question about this statement

We have also implemented a limit on how attacks count towards your Defense Grade. After the first five attacks of the day, only one attack per hour counts towards the grade.

Will it be visible which attack received counts and which one doesn’t after those 5 attacks?

Lets say I get 5 attacks, 2 wins 3 losses → 40%

Then I get two more, first is a win and second is a loss.

Will it say which one counts?

If both happened before the hour, no one counts, so still 40%
If first attack happened before the hour, next one after that, will be 2/4 → 33%
If both happened after the hour, first one counts, will be 3/3 → 50%

I think I understand the rule, I just want to know if it will be visible which attack counts and which one doesn’t after first 5 attacks.

3 Likes

Why do not all attacks count for your defense score? You got attacked after all.

1 Like

Because of this:

We have also implemented a limit on how attacks count towards your Defense Grade. After the first five attacks of the day, only one attack per hour counts towards the grade.

1 Like

I know, but why do they make this rule.

1 Like

More data points is better

1 Like

I don’t know, but that’s the new rule and I’m wondering if it will be clear or not

If I take one of the ramming pulverizers does their defense down special add an attack buff to the opponent?

Now the calculation for our defense grades will become very BIASED!

No. Ramming pulverizer is not a buff. Only buffs count for the attack bonus. Ramming pulverizer is a debuff, a negative effect.

2 Likes

We will have to wait to see. But yes, we could be lucky to get only victories to count, or be unlucky to have defeats only to count.

My point is if there will be something indicating which attack counts, lets say.

1st attack, win → counts (10 am)
2nd attack, lose → counts (10:01 am)
3rd attack, lose → counts (10:02 am)
4th attack, win → counts (10:03 am)
5th attack, lose → counts (10:04 am)
6th attack, win → doesn’t count (10:30 am)
7th attack, lose → counts (11:45 am)

Something like a clock showing you when you were attacked and something like a check mark to show if counts or doesn’t count.

Otherwise it won’t be possible to count and calculate our own defense winrate %

4 Likes

Since V21 everybody has to bring a full defense for the tournament. Was in the changelog last time.

And also it’ll be a bad strategy, since even 5 non leveled iceies would definitely wipe your Boldie without a single cast by ghosting tiles and hard hurting tile-hits.

Yes but I was expecting a warning message like “you can’t put 1 hero on your team, you need 5 heroes”

2 Likes

Sorry, but I can’t read your message. What does it say instead?

I wrote that below the image

“You can not put an empty defense team, add one hero to your team”

I did that and the game totally accepted it.

1 Like

I wasn’t even happy with the exploiting. It was just smart play.

So here’s my hope that probably isn’t going to happen at all:

They took a week to see what could be done to create an alternative to using TP for match-making as it is to allow flexibility in team set-up and play, came up with nothing that could be done quickly and safely for the game (fair enough), and decided to forge ahead with the previously established scoring system to act as a patch until something better can be figured out sometime soon and to try to maintain a fair(er) playing field.

Or better yet, scrap this whole thing as constructed and start over with a different, better bracketing and score system (but sunk costs and all that…no one ever wants to take a loss, so I won’t hold my breath there).

If that’s the case, I get it.

However, if this is the end point and they’re moving on, this thing will never be more than a lottery that randomly rewards whichever players have been fortunate enough to randomly draw and develop the proper heroes and troops for each tournament possibility. The Kobayashi Maru would be exactly what this is in totality.

And you can make these tournaments that, but I have a feeling people will get annoyed/frustrated pretty quickly when they can’t compete in each tournament setting because they have no easy way to compete/build their teams appropriately because the hero development system in this game is random and slow.

Most players, I’m guessing, will very much be bothered long term if they see others getting rewards that they can’t get because of random factors that they have almost zero control over. If SG is smart, they realize that and will be working to change that to make this better all around.

3 Likes