🍻 [May 2020] Portal Stats, Summon Results & Offers – Tavern of Legends

This thread is for information and discussion on the MAY 2020 Tavern of Legends Summon Portal, and sharing Summon Results.

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache: a personal opinion note from @zephyr1 :bow_and_arrow:

I typically present Summon Portals dispassionately, providing information and letting players draw their own conclusions about the worth to them.

But I feel obligated to point out:

The Tavern of Legends Portal has the WORST odds of any Summon Portal in the entire game for getting a non-Season 1 Hero.

If you would be happy with ANY old HOTM, the odds are terrible, but perhaps acceptable for bigger spenders.

The more old HOTM you cross off the list of ones you’d be happy with, the worse the odds get.

Any players without large budgets would likely be better off spending their gems elsewhere. If you have a large budget, or have run out of literally anywhere else in the game to spend gems and still want to spend them anyway, Tavern of Legends might be for you. (I think you’d be better off just reducing your spending instead.)

For all other players — especially those who dream of a particular old HOTM from the list — I can’t recommend anything except making use of your free Legends Coins earned during the Tavern of Legends Quest, and moving on.

While some will get lucky, there is nothing to be had here but extreme disappointment for the vast majority.

You’re going to see alliance mates and Forum posters who get lucky. Please remember that the excitement of luck is contagious — but can lead to severe heartache if you pull impulsively and don’t experience the same. Celebrate their successes, but keep a level head in deciding and sticking to your own budget.

Please proceed with extreme caution when deciding on a budget for your Tavern Summons, and don’t spend more than you’d be happy to have spent on feeders.

As usual, I’ve provided an analysis of the Summon Appearance Rates farther down in this post.

:game_die: Tavern of Legends Portal Appearance Rates

Season 1 (Classic) Heroes

• Rare Classic Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary Classic Hero 1.2%

TOTAL: 98.7%

Past HOTM

• Legendary Past Hero of the Month: 1.3%

SECRET BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Secret Hero: 0.1%

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:clipboard: Included Past HOTM

Past Heroes of the Month are included in Legends Summon when 12 months have passed since their original release date.

Past Heroes of the Month (HOTM) initially available:

1. Hel
  2. Athena
  3. Ares
  4. Mushashi
  5. Alberich
  6. Thoth-Amun
  7. Perseus
  8. Natalya
  9. Zeline
  10. Delilah
  11. Aeron
  12. Alasie
  13. Gravemaker
  14. Gregorian
  15. Drake Fong
  16. Khiona
  17. Aegir
  18. Zimkitha
  19. Evelyn
  20. Onatel
  21. Kunchen
  22. Frida
  23. Anzogh
  24. Margaret

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x)

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x 10x 30x 100x 500x 1500x
Get At Least 1 Old HOTM 1.3% 12.3% 32.5% 73.0% 99.9% 100%
Get At Least 1 of a Particular Old HOTM 0.05417% 0.54% 1.6% 5.3% 23.7% 55.6%
Get At Least 1 of Secret Hero 0.1% 1.0% 3.0% 9.5% 39.4% 77.7%
Get At Least 1 5* 2.5975% 23% 54.5% 92.7% 100% 100%

Putting That in Perspective

• If 1 million players each did :one::zero: Summons, 877,000 of those players would NOT get ANY old HOTM

• If 1 million players each did :one::zero::zero: Summons, 947,000 of those players would NOT get Gravemaker

• If 1 million players each did :five::zero::zero: Summons, 606,000 of those players would NOT get the Secret Bonus Hero

:gem: Summon Costs

• Single: 300 Gems or 100 Legends Coins
  • 10x: 2600 Gems
  • 30x: 7500 Gems

:dizzy: Legends Coins

In-game tooltip:

Used for a free summon at the Legends Summon. You need 100 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as a reward from Legends Quests.

The appearance is a gold square coin with cut corners, and a gold star on its face.

:money_mouth_face: Offers

prices in USD before tax

Moderator Note.

There was a bug with the “buy all” pricing and this option has been disabled. IF YOU USED THUS OPTION BEFORE IT WAS DISABLED, PLEASE contact-support
[SOLVED] Why is Legends Prime offer is costing more than? (Update: Buy All option now disabled)

:link: Related Threads

16 Likes

I imagine posting a screenshot of Alberich in this thread with a lot of emojis showing my excitement… I am so happy and full of positivity… and then an image of Dawa ruins the thought… :))

19 Likes

So, my extremely horrible summoning luck + extremely low % for a 5* summon = Prisca :rofl:
That’s about right! :rofl:

3 Likes

Based on the Beta odds, this is almost like a multi state lottery when it comes to odds:

Versus latest Costume chamber ( also mostly Classic heroes but at least includes a costume)

3 Likes

Who buys this scam-like lottery ticket?
You may have considered purchasing if there is a chance to exchange with any HOTM, such as a wild card.

2 Likes

Haha bought 3 offers…
Karil
Valen
Brienne

6 Likes

Perfect start. Is it even worth completing the quest with such summons?

Got 5/5 3* heroes…

2 Likes

Someone like me buys it. I bought it because I was curious about the summon gate. I bought it once and forever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG.

44 Likes

Oh dear! You have just spent all your remaining luck for the year!!

10 Likes

Anybody notice how “buy all” charges you an extra 4 cents for the convenience? 5x 2.99 = 14.95, but SG wants 14.99 for it. So I said “screw that” and just bought 5 individually anyway. :rofl:

14 Likes

Congrats!

Can you post screenshots of the secret hero card?

3 Likes

The odds published in the live version are the same dumpster fire odds that were in beta. 98.7% chance of S1 dupes and no chance at a HOTM. 0.1% odds at this “mystery hero”. Zero… point… one percent.

Cool.

7 Likes

You beat me to it! I thought I was missing something with that offer but it makes no sense to charge more for buying all in one go…

1 Like

pfffft don’t you know the 4 extra cents is the “convenience fee” for not having to press the buy button 5 times? Time is money man.

Can you share a picture of the card?

22 Likes

Bought 1 offer

15 Likes

No luck by me

1 Like