šŸ”µ [May 13, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Cool, a fellow Ameonna user! (+19) is huge on her, her attack value must be off the charts! I assume you went attack path on emblems. I was trying to push for her to get a buff on the hero buff thread to no avail. Sheā€™s a lot of fun if youā€™re not always playing to win as dominantly as possible.

Why is Skittle more beef than Kelile and Scarlett? I know Scarlett has a high attack value and Kelile, with emblems like mine, canā€™t be far off. Thatā€™s at least equal power on fast mana, right? I donā€™t know all the S3 heroes by memory yet, so perhaps Bryn is the difference there?

I used to have Skittle maxed +20, but with the rest of my hero roster I just never get slow mana AoEā€™s to feel worth it. I used ā€œfeelā€ on purpose because that could all very well be in my head.

Kudos!

3 Likes

These are cool threads, seeing different hero combos and all. I assume these are done for all trials?

I am not new to the game, but new to the boards. I just putzed around in game myself or with an alliance (when I am with one) previously. I did a lot of things wrong at the beginning :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: ā€¦

3 Likes

They are, yes.

Itā€™s fun to see who has maxed and emblemed which heroā€™sā€¦ Trials really show up some of the interesting heroā€™s that arenā€™t necessarily discussed regularly.

Almost any monkey team of 5* heroā€™s will win the final stage (even with no synergies at all) but some of the 4* teams Dan be interesting to see :slight_smile:
(And yes, I typically load up with 5ā€™s and cruise it, but only because these seem to land when something else is going on and I donā€™t necessarily want to focus too much time on it).

3 Likes

My team:

I had to use 2 bear banners.

Emblems will go to Quintus and Domitia.

5 Likes

I need to learn this patience stuff. Was happily taking down the last stage and the board went dry. Was no real dangerā€¦I just got bored and dropped 5 bomb attacks to finish it :joy:

Nice on the Sorcerer tokens thoughā€¦building them up for Mitsuko when I finished her ascension in the next day or so. Looking forward to seeing how she runs

3 Likes

Yes, all attack. Itā€™s pretty nice.

Iā€™d go to +20, but 70 emblems for a mana boost on an already fast hero isnā€™t worth it.

Yes, I use her outstanding tile damage on yellow Titans, and she makes it into a war team about half the time, mostly for fun, as you said. Brilliant under the right circumstances.

Emblems and a costume for Skittles; neither for Kelile or Scarlett. Domitia has all my rogue emblems. Plus, Brynhild is heartier than all three, I believe. Her mana boost should have helped Skittlesā€™ slow mana, but I didnā€™t notice it much.

Mostly agree, except Azlar, who I love. LJ +20 (all HP/def) usually holds up now, too, and the high tile damage plus mana slow is often useful. I also have no legendary green, even with multiples in every other color, so he sees more action than he otherwise might. Helps on barbarian trials.

2 Likes

Awesome, good to know!

While I wasnā€™t doing so in this particular case I screw around with teams all the time in provinces and raids. I need to variety or I lose interest. I didnā€™t usually mess around in wars when I was in an alliance as I didnā€™t want my curiosity to mess up the alliance war score and trust me, some I tried definitely would have :joy:

1 Like

I got most of my slow mana AoE heroes relatively late so I never took the time to really learn them, I donā€™t doubt they have value in the right context. Thatā€™s why Sabina and Ameonna have the emblems over Quintus too.

LJ is a good example. I maxed him and gave him +1, but doubt heā€™ll get more emblems in the foreseeable future. I have Gormek and Grimm around +18 each. After that I was lucky enough to pull Gretel who has been great to have and is likely next. Going HP/def is smart though when LJā€™s attack is already so high. You just need him to live!

Congrats on the Skittleskull costume. My only none 3* costume so far is Melendor. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love it, but definitely want more.

Iā€™d like to hear how you use Azlar (probably a different thread I am sure). I got him not long ago as my first 5* red. He is almost topped out (73/80) but I havenā€™t had the time to tinker much.

2 Likes

Cool music in the background! LotL is pretty boss!

2 Likes

These costumes are game changers in certain contexts, like the current raid tournament. Had a fantastic last trip to the portal, snagging Melendor, Rigard, Tiburtus, Skittleskull, Boldtusk, AND Sonya in only 10 pulls!

Not a lot to say. Heā€™s my only maxed legendary red, so heā€™s in every red stack I use. Heā€™s squishy, but he has high tile damage, and I feel like he is one of the few classics who justifies slow mana. His special can just wreck a whole team when it fires. Have to watch for riposte, though! Plus, his card art is fantastic, and I love the nod to Azlan from The Chronicles of Narnia.

1 Like

Same team as last time.

• On the bench: Icewitch Isarnia, Captain of Fire Elena, Scarlett, Tony Danza, Jackals 1 and 2, Nat 3.70, Ameonna, C Cat, Sabina, Peters, Ceremonial Li, Brynhild
  • Up and coming: Sif 4.23, Dom 2.60

Got to the bosses with everyone ready to go. Unleashed everything, and as usual, Scarlett does her dodge dance. Traded Musashi for Skittles.

The end was never really in doubt.

Emblems to Marjana and Mitsuko, trainer to Miki.

6 Likes

I only beat the first level but 8 emblems are better than none :slight_smile: My team was unlevelled, except for Sabina. I had Costumed Isarnia and Costumed Hawkmoon (1/1), Sabina (maxed +9) and Scarlett (1/1).

I didnā€™t try to do level 2 because I thought I would need items to beat it and all items are being saved for Legendary Grimforest. I need those trap tools :wrench:

I didnā€™t have enough emblems for Sabina to go up to node 10 so they go into the emblem bank for storage :radio_button:

2 Likes

Nice work @Iorwerth! I am jealous of Musashi, he seems like a cool hero to have!

1 Like