[May 12, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Serenity Guide & Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Serenity!

Or, as @princess1 reminds us from Seinfeld:

This is the 4th of the Trials in the 4th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2 hours earlier at 5:00:00 AM (05:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Paladins & Rangers Chao, Justice, Richard & Lianna :leaves: :snowflake:
Green/Nature & Blue/Ice

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP

:sweat: History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:

We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.

It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 4051 288
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Strength

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 407
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 907
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1407
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1407
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 2907
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3407

:school_satchel: Additional Recommended Items

Click for Additional Recommended Items
Stage(s) Item Explanation
All Antidotes Justice in Stages 1 and 2 causes blindness, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff,— all of which can make Antidotes very useful.
All Healing Pots Paladins and Rangers are relatively short on healers, so you may want to bring healing pots.
All Mana Pots If you do have a Paladin or Ranger healer, you may want mana as a backup in case you have trouble charging them from tiles.

Be mindful that all forms of mana pots can be difficult to sustain production of with frequent usage.
All Time Stops Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

:cookie: @Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Serenity

Click for Mariamne's Guide

TrialsSerenity

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible

Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial

@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps - #42 by madmarv

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Serenity?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Serenity?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Serenity?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Serenity

• Justice blinds your whole team, and Richard causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?

• Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?

• Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Serenity occurred:

6 Likes

Ares provided heal buffed by Triton, but I had to nuke the last one third health of the bosses. Kiril was trained afterwards…

2 Likes

Only change is Frida to 3/70, last time was 1/6
Still unsure who to acc, Frida or Aiger
Just got Triton, Thorne and Choa

No pictures for me this time (as I’m on my PC now instead of my phone and wanted to actually take the time to answer Zephyr’s questions instead of just ignore them, lol), but not much changed in my lineup. Edit: Apparently I’m a liar:

Last time and this time was Richard - Ares - Chao - Cyprian - Red Hood. The picture is last-last time should have accurate levels, though.

The last time I think Richard was somewhere around 4/20 (wrong), Ares was 3/70, Chao was max+6 (wrong) I think, and Cyprian/Red Hood were 4/70 and 3/70 respectively. This time, Richard was 4/80, Ares is 4/75, Chao is +9, and no changes on Cyprian and Hood.

They died before either could do anything. :rofl:

Being lucky enough to have Ares and Red Hood… can’t say this is an issue for me. :wink:

Yep, but Cyprian spent his time counterattacking birds and rock golems because only the enemy Chao was able to do much, and his Pierce got through the riposte, sadly.

Other than in levels for my 5* Pally’s, no.

“I… I am on the third stage, right? 5 stages… yep… alright then.”

I carpet bombed out of laziness rather than necessity. Probably didn’t have to, but insomnia with an upcoming work shift and having hundreds of all the carpet bomb items made me not care that much.

Chao is sadly not at the point where he can go up one more tier as he needs 40, and this doesn’t quite push him there yet, and I’m saving my Paladin emblems (all 250+ of them :sob:) for Sonya, who I think would bring more to the table for my bench and get more mileage out of the Paladin tokens than Ares or Richard could. Just need one more warm cloak.

Well since I just finished Frida at 3/70 and might not ascend Grimm #2 for a while, I’m thinking either Guardian Panther or Ares, since they’re getting to or at 4/60+ in their levels where feeding them 1*s becomes increasingly questionable.

How to phrase this… there’s something immensely satisfying watching Richard punch himself in the face for the victory. In this case, MY Richard hit the enemy Richard for death, sealing the win for me. lewl.

Edit: also forgot I’d taken this screenshot. It’s kinda funny to me.

3 Likes

Not the best team but it was alright, mostly thanks to Aegir, i could do this without a ‘‘true’’ healer.
Same strategy I’ve always used, i start the 4000 stage with an axe attack, since i didnt take any health potions, the axe attack gave me some room for breathing and start building some mana, after that the mob levels were easy enough. At the boss stage i used: 1 dragon attack, 1 small mana potion, 2 axes and 3 bombs, definitely could have done this with less items, but those green tiles were hunting me.

Btw, maxed Chao has already a decent defense stat, so i’ve put Khagan between 3/60 Sonya and 3/60 Chao and that worked really well.

1 Like

My teams the last 2 times around.

Decided to go with Richard over Triton this time. His buff on the enemy attack looked like something that could be valuable getting through the stage using minimal battle items.
I took it to the wire however!

Haha.
I might hold onto the 3* feeder for now. I’m working on Ariel to 2/60 currently and i may save it for the journey to 3/70.
I recently took Merlin up to the 4th tier to max and this trial made me realize that i may have wanted to max Cyperian first. Since i use him for the class trials and Merlin is used mostly for wars right now. After he’s maxed he might join a challenge event party or raids someday though.
My other options for a blue, to use a rainbow team for this could have been Frida at 2/60, but i just recently pulled King Arthur. Not sure if I’ll take her up to 3/70 before i work on him, since she’s closer to being titan ready that way and my red titan team is in serious need of a blue tile defense down to pair with Grimm.
I have too many blue heroes that i want to work on right now! Ariel to 3/70 first though!
I could have used my maxed falcon in place of Ares for a red, but then i would lose the only healer i have for this trial.
It looks like it’s still gonna be a while till this team is stronger. It’s possible that Cyperian may be maxed by the next go around, but, as i dont use him in wars as often as i could, I’m not sure. My new alliance is fighting mostly 4000+ tp teams and at 3/60 he’s pretty squishy.

1 Like

I did nothing, they die because of carpet bombing.

I have a hard time cutting carpet bombing consumptions…

Unfortunately the riposte fail to work perfectly this time… only reflecting slash attacks… by the time they are almost ready to fire the riposte is already gone… I misstimed it…

I replace maxed Isshtak with 3/60 Jack O’Hare, I also replace some troops.

New Team:

Due to my mistake in timing the riposte, I ended up using 1 more axe attack compared to last time.

10 Healing Potions, 5 Axe Attacks, 5 Bomb Attacks, and 2 Dragon Attacks.

Waiting for Caedmon to be maxed but the ranger emblems will remain idle untill I get better ranger.

Caedmon is top priority, his skill is already 8/8 thus I throw most feeder to him.

1 Like

I brought the same team as last time. Cyprian is still at 3.60, so he was home shooting marbles and sulking. Tibs is at 4.30, and perhaps I should have brought him, but he was trying to cheer up Cyprian. I am currently leveling QoH, but she decreed that this fight was beneath her–too proud to say she’s not OW OW Stoppit!

As you can see, I went in to the last stage loaded for bear. I got to the final bosses in good shape, with everyone charged and three diamonds on the board. In spite of reading through my last recounting of this battle, I forgot to bomb them again for the attack debuff (I CAN’T LEARN).

Regardless, I used a bomb after Richard and Chao went off and used the last of my minor healing. Lianna took out Frida, and almost took my Chao (yay for tankiness), but I was able to take Richard out, and the enemy Chao. I used another bomb for the debuff, though Lianna was still able to kill fragile Triton. I was able to finish her off with tiles and what heroes I had left.

The trainer is going to Lepus, who just now got to his final ascention. The emblems will be going to Falcon and Triton, I guess.

Next time around, I will have more options for this fight.

Isshtak - Sonya - Cyprian - Triton - Berden

Managed to beat the 3 stages with that team. No pics because I thought I just was gonna waste 20 WE. Just a lot of healing potions and bombs.

2 Likes

Congrats on making it through!

1 Like

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The biggest change is Falcon 2 hitting max.

I also swapped out Dragon Attacks, knowing they’d be overkill.

The Battle

The first two Stages were easy.

For the third, it was going pretty well, but I was sleepy and short on time, so I used 5 Bombs and 2 Axes to speed through the Bosses and finish up.

Shiny New Emblems

I got Paladin Emblems from the Raid Tournament too, so between them Falcon went to +14.

Ranger Triton went to +3. I may swap him in place of Chao next time for a harder hitter and to extend the mileage on healing pots a bit.

Bears Eat a Lot

Frida snacked on the Trainer Hero, going from 3-56 to 3-57 in her (very) slow climb to max.

1 Like

Evelyn - Frida - Ares - Alasie - Lianna

1 Like

did it with:

Red Hood 3.60 | Chao+7 | Berden+3 | Tyrum | Gunnar +16 (lol)

Spirit Link + Minions actually works out really well. All my 3 stars stayed alive until the end (Tyrum fell first, then Berden, then Gunnar). Pierce activated, and because it bypasses spirit link, snipes from Lianna and Chao anhilated them. Still, I managed to get the victory, with some item use (no carpet bombing surprisingly)

1 Like