🎃 Matilda - 5* Holy / Yellow from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

New Return to Morlovia Hero is Released: Matilda

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Matilda, as well as your thoughts on Matilda.

Matilda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 881 888 1605
4/90 1008 1016 1836
Origin Family
Return to Morlovia Morlovia
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Steal Buff
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to steal the newest dispellable buff from a random enemy that has buffs. If no enemy has buffs, deals 70% damage to all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Muffin Poisoning
  • All enemies receive 330 Poison damage over 3 turns.
  • Summons a Muffin Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 38% attack every turn.
  • The Muffin Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 35% of it’s target’s max health.
  • Each hit from the Muffin Fiend has the following effects:
    • The target takes +50% increased damage from status ailments for 3 turns.
    • There is a 25% chance to refesh the duration of the status ailment with the least turns remaining.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Morlovia Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Morlovia Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 3% / 6% / 9% mana generation

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Dec 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Family bonus is adjusted from 2/3 heroes: +5% / +12% mana generation to 1/2/3 heroes +3% / +6% / 12%

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Return to Morlovia Heroes and Passive [Part of The Beta Beat v51]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Matilda ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Matilda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Matilda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Matilda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Matilda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Matilda ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Matilda as an opponent?

• Would you give Matilda Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Matilda’s character design?

• If you Summoned Matilda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Matilda, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Matilda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Matilda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Matilda (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Matilda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Matilda (post release)

:question: Is Matilda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Matilda would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Matilda’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Fiend Summoner
  • Damage Increaser (by Fiends)
  • Ailment Duration Refresher (by Fiends)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Matilda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Matilda’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Matilda’s Base Stats?

Note this means Matilda’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Matilda worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Matilda is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Matilda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Matilda worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Matilda then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Is this an attempt to switch the meta to holy tanks?

2 Likes

The Zhuge Liang / Papyros of the portal?

Maybe worse than them… A buff block / simple cleanse and a small heal and this hero is completely countered.

1 Like

This hero is quite a bit stronger than both those heroes imo, especially on offense. The poison damage can be quite significant and a chance to last the whole match.

5 Likes

She’s more of an offence hero and is not worse than zhuge Liang or papyros. In fact those two can synergize very well with her.
If you play with DOTs this hero is well worth it. Although I think refreshing ailments is frankly situational. Paired with C azlar, I think she will be terrifying, seeing his uncleansable fire DOT refreshing half the time. Terrible synergy with lady locke though. Would prefer that the fiend also prevents cleanse of any ailments until it is gone

5 Likes

I just got her. I can see symmetry with Ureaus, who I have maxed but currently warms the bench most of the time.

I am low on darts and not quite sure what I plan to do with her yet (I have a dupe Kullervo who looks kinda sad at 1/1 as well)

4 Likes

She looks terrible really dont like her art style. Her ability seems interesting though.

Sure she is an offensive hero, not really for defense in my opinion. Mine is 3.70 and together with costume roc+20 and costume rana+19 (no limit breaks) it sums up to more than 800 dot on three and roughly 500 on the other not hit by Rana. So not too bad… Helpful against Freya / bera Tanks is that all Yellow specials are cast before the realm mana cut kicks in… assumed she is not killed by tiles …

9 Likes

everybody, matilda she take me money and run venezuela :upside_down_face: Harry Belafonte, Matilda LIVE 1982 - YouTube

1 Like

This hero is a fantastic idea. Hopefully she excels in execution as well. Throw some other heroes with status ailments with her and you could have a brand new offensive strategy for yourself.

3 Likes

@betaplayers: will this minion Dot also be seen as Dot in equalizer war?

Not in Beta, but the mana gen down from Elizabeth’s fiends is also erased by Equalizer so I imagine is similar for her

The ailments are linked to the attack from the fiends. So even if War Equalizer removed it, the fiends will re-apply it with each attack. At least, in theory I assumed it will work as such.

4 Likes

You might be right. The wording here is “each hit from the fiend”

I think Matilda is a fun hero to play with, the fact that the fiends have a new/unique effect (not the usual attack down, mana gen down, etc). A 50% chance to refresh status ailments each turn could mean these ailments last for a very long time (and it’s not conditional such as with Alice/White Rabbit that requires enemies to heal for a reset). It would be extremely satisfying to refresh mindless attack :slight_smile:

Not to mention any hero that summons fiends reduces heals for the enemy team which comes in handy due to the plethora of strong healers, so IMO the poison damage is a bonus. Just don’t take her against her worst nightmare (aka Arcos :rofl:)

12 Likes

Had 15 EHT, wasted them all… got 13 S1 heroes (meh), a Vlad (double meh) and Matilda…

And I was hoping for Celidana. Nice surprise :grin:

8 Likes

Just to be on the clear side; this means that enemies take 50% when you have different kind of dots e.g. burn, poison , water damage etc and NOT from the special skill like “do xxx% damage” or tile damage?

Happy gaming

1 Like

Yes, Water, Poison, Burn, Bleeding and Freeze damage is increased by this hero.

4 Likes

Is this the sister of Celidana?