[Math, Farming] Kit/ backpacks per day versus Advanced House Level 9 [More math, Math Apocalypse]

I need to get into this regime too. I am close, but still short on backpacks. I know there are other threads on this, but where do you farm to maximise backpacks during AR @zephyr1? Is it S2, 1-2N and/or 1-9N as per @BarryWuzHere . Thanks

2 Likes

Before Gryphonknight post:

Dwight-Schrute

After Gryphonknight post:

c3e

8 Likes

I’ve also been doing the exact same thing. When I get low on backpacks, I switch one of the TC2’s over to a TC1 for a while, then switch back when I get some more.

2 Likes

Problem is I don’t farm when Atlantis is on! As still doing the map! Even with half energy it’s down to five! But I only got 28WE so 10 stages I can do 5 then another 5 with a flask!! I’d rather try complete it first so it’s out the way! Or least get to the final stage.

1 Like

If I’m getting the gist of it, he’s saying that Advanced House Level 9 produces 120 recruits in a day. Depending on how you run your four TCs, the house alone may provide enough recruits to keep all your TCs running without any additional farming required.

If you’re running any TC2s or TC20s, you will still need to farm for supplies (e.g. backpacks or stones).

In addition, if you’re using more than 120 recruits in a day, you’ll need to farm for recruits.

It looks like he is suggesting farming S2:1-8H to maximize (or perhaps minimize) your farming, by covering both recruits and backpacks at the same time, leaving as much WE as possible free for other pursuits. S2:1-8H is best for backpacks (double S1:8-7) but gives you half the number of recruits, and fewer heroes/troops per WE. So if you need backpacks more than recruits, given the benefit of AH9, then you are better off spending WE on S2-1:8H, to make sure that you don’t run out of backpacks and can keep a TC2 running 24x7.

As others have pointed out, you can also build up stores during AR and then slowly let out those supplies over the rest of the month, if you have AH9 to replenish recruits. But this appears to be a new plausible farming strategy for the other 28 days in the month.

4 Likes

Anywhere in S2:1-(1-10)N will give you the same number of backpacks. 1-2N will give you more recruits, 1-9N will give you more XP and monsters (the latter of which means more chances at coins). Everything else is the same. Also, because 1-2N has fewer monsters, it will go more quickly if you’re not using loot tickets.

3 Likes

With -3 world energy and +50% loot, during Atlantis Rising you get 3x loot for 3 world energy stages ( normally 6 world energy).

This is the single best return on world energy of any activity in the game.

I save all my world energy flasks for AR ( and enough loot tickets to prevent my device over heating).

1 Like

Yeah I’m still trying to finish it! For Me 1 full WE and a flask is a one stage on Atlantis! All I play is Atlantis levels when Atlantis is on! I used 6 flasks last time and I think 5 the time before! (Plus the last two I did have stuff on that weekend) its not like I dont wanna farm it when it’s on! If I hit a wall I probably would but each time Atlantis comes round my heros are better and I can easily get through the stages! I’m on 25/10 so nearly at the end!

1 Like

I still think Atlantis map is better done at full world energy and AR saved for collecting 3* / 4* ingredients, kits/ backpacks and recruits.

I finished normal before AR.

But I have only done 20 stages on hard. Rewards are generally not worth it to me.

3 Likes

Ahhh but your missing out on loading up on recruits and backpacks. @Dudeious.Maximus, I still haven’t finished S2-Hard yet either. But I use AR as a time to replenish my stockpiles. I will complete a few levels further in hard each time but I used left over WE during the time between AR to advance in S2

The stockpiling of recruits, adventure kits and other materials is too important to me to pass it up. Plus I prefer having a few free summons ready for each AR. I think I currently have 4 and with a few seadragons maybe a 5th?

Anyway good luck my friend!! I hope you move along a good ways with the shortened AR time. I’m going to farm like a madman!!!

3 Likes

My disappointment stopped when I became VC2P

2 Likes

@Rohn Well that is something that we have in common. I am basically just keeping the VIP pass and I have even let that lapse occasionally. The game has given me enough to where I can be competitive and enjoy myself. Without the stress :flushed:

2 Likes

AR kits

Or you can use extra kits from AR to run a second camp with Uncommon training ( RT02 ) since 2.1-8H only supplies you with enough for kits to run 2x Uncommon training for 12.6 hours per 24 hours.

Advanced House

Close enough

Click for boring part

Reference

The original purpose of this post was to analyze Advanced House to see why the Devs chose the number of buildings ( 1x for base ) and the maximum hourly production ( 5 / hour ).

Then use the analysis in discussions about Advanced house game meta.

Recruits

Before AR, and Advanced House, recruits were a huge factor

(ARCHIVED Before Advanced House 9 and Atlantis Rising, Uncommon training versus Extra fast training)

Kits and hero drops

Once AR, and Advanced house, solved the recruits problem, then kits were a much more important factor .

1* heroes from training camps and 1* heroes from loot drops ( 75% all drops ) became less important.

1* heroes for leveling

Swords, Rugged Clothes and hero loot drops are hideously expensive in food for 5* heroes and pricey for 4* heroes ( see notes)

Stronghold 12+, the game becomes unbalanced.

After first Legendary training, the game becomes less fun.

+25% kits

Season 2, Province 1, Hard difficultly all stages gives 0.35 kit / we compared to 0.28 / we for all other stages ( with increased kits, 1.5-x and 2.1-xN ) or +25% more kits.

Probably not RNG noise (750+ runs for including about 100 runs for most popular stages )

4* ingredients

As a bonus Season 2, Province 1 gives all 4* ingredients, unlike Season 1, Province 5.

3* Ascension items

We are not sure how farmable 3* ascension items impact 1* ascension items.

AR

During AR, Season 2, Province 1, Normal difficultly gets 0.84 kits / we which is +12% better than 0.75 kits / we of Hard difficultly.

Notes

5* heroes food

Exact food calculation

FIN

3 Likes

What am I missing??? I’ve spent over 400 loots past couple of AR but run out of packs between day15-20 when I run two TC2s.

Where the F are you farming?

Two rising ago, I completed the sea dragons.
Last rising mostly farmed 2-9-9 for dragon bones and nuggets. Still have plenty of both but ran out of crude iron last week so I’ve been a hostage of 1-6-8 until next rising.

It’s not where I’m farming, it’s how much.

As several people have noted above, S2:1-2N is highly effective for Backpacks and Recruits.

But the key to sustaining 2xTC2 is running that a ton. The most effective was when I burned 51 Flasks during AR. That kept me going for a couple months.

I make a point of getting the extra Flasks from Challenge Events, and not using them anywhere else. I have 16 at the moment to use this AR, all received since last time, mostly from the Challenge Event. That won’t be enough to run 2xTC2 for the entire month, but it’ll cover a lot of ground.

I haven’t spent gems on WE refills, but there’s a good case to be made for doing so depending on budget and bench depth/leveling queue. @BarryWuzHere has been using some gems for farming during AR, if I’m not mistaken.

Kind of related: Rare 3 in the new Challenge Events is effective for XP and feeders too. I didn’t use any Flasks there, but did Farm it with all of my free WE during the Event.

3 Likes

In other words: Since the introduction of Atlantis Rises! you can run TC2 nonstop. And it does not even require to play the first Province of Season 2 to have enough backpacks. It just requires you to play a lot during the event.
Saying that, it of course means you can run TC20 and two TC11 nonstop.
It is really only up to you when and how do you decide to swith to an ocassional TC1 or TC19.

Advanced houses are a waste of iron and I really regret upgrading one of them to level 5. Having close to 20,000 recruits now I don’t really need it.

1 Like

Is this true? I never levelled up my recruit houses beyond 8 as I never needed the capacity. If it is, I feel a little bit sick.

I have no advanced buildings, but yes, it appears to be the case. You are allowed to build one advanced house, and the advanced house produces one recruit per hour. Every two upgrades ads another recruit per hour, so at level 9, you are getting five per hour. You’d only need level 7 to cover four TC11s with no farming. (Source)

During last AR, I did over 80% of farming at 15-9, the rest at 1-9. Can’t sustain 2x TC2, and the cause is recruits, not backpacks. I did run off 20 hours of rugged clothes since AR. In the off season, I’m slogging through Atlantis hard, so not getting much of anything in particular. For monster chests, I do 7-4, with 0-2 of 8-7 to fill in at the end, so not much recruits there. A lot of WE got sunk into the monthly challenge, but no flasks, so that’s a factor too.

During AR, I like to farm 15-9 normal for only 4 WE. You will average 30 recruits and pick up lots of exp., mats, and swords and crack packs. At the same time, I run 2 TC11’s, 1 TC 20 and leave 1 to train common or uncommon. I save my WE flasks to use during this time, and still I end up with tons of recruits and never am able to use all the free WE I earn during regular game play. I also save loot tickets to use here as well. Personally I can’t keep up because I have so much. And this does not even include advanced housing recruits!

1 Like