Matchmaking in Alliance War needs some fine tuning

This is not a complain, just an observation.
We win and we lose, that’s logical.
But i noticed the game is set like, let win a few, and lose a few.
An example: we won a series in war, we felt sorry for the opponent.
Ok, we won those wars, but we felt overpowered. But it did’nt felt good.
Then a couple of opponents come who killed as a foot on a bug.
I think it’s an easy way to keep everyone happy.
Win some and lose some.
We like the idea to be evenly matched. Not like “this gonna be a boring match” or “this we sure gonna lose”. Keep the spirit in it for alliances

1 Like

There’s a master matchmaking thread somewhere not too far away…

But my 2c is that our last wars have been decided in the final minutes, and been a margin of around 100 points. That seems pretty even to me. So something is working.

2 Likes

Agreed, all our wars go down the the wire. We just won our last one by 50 points in the final hour. It’s always a close thing.

2 Likes

Participation by members of an alliance go a long way in the final outcome. I think the matchmaking has been so much better but if a couple of players have a hangover or just don’t care enough to use their flags or opt out this will throw the results to a lopsided victory. We lost by 63 points today it was a nailbiter. We had one stronger player on the field who for some reason did not use his flags which would’ve given us a victory for sure or at least 99.99% sure. I have been very happy with the matchmaking for a few months now I think it was the release of version 18.0 when the matchmaking greatly improved.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings