Matchmaking has improved greatly

My suspicions are along the same lines. I haven’t seen rematches yet, but we do know from posts on the forums that once they get through the easier matches during the initial process, the last leftovers can have significant discrepancies, even if they’re the best match left unassigned.

1 Like

our last war was about as perfect as the matchmaking could get. Think we won by 45 points we had 3 un used flags and they had 6 flags that never got used. If they were all like that I would be very happy.

I really want to disagree, but I cannot. This war will finally be about as evenly matched as I have seen. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

So, to balance my complaints on the other thread, up until last war, the matchmaking was starting to be a little more balanced: 2 close wars with 1 win and 1 loss). The last one seemed lopsided in our favour, though it seemed some of the opponents’ heavy hitters didn’t show up, so I don’t know if that was a factor in the rankings. Although we did have the advantage of more 3000+ defense teams, although the opponent had one strong 3500 team.
While the goal isn’t a 50% win ratio, it is starting to bounce like that for us: we win one, then get matched with a harder opponent; lose that one, get matched with an easier opponent; etc. We’ll see how things go.

We lost by 600, 3 unused hits vs. 7 for them, both 28 participating. Remember, under prior scoring this would have been almost a 1000 point loss…

So two in a row that were bad for us. Prior two were close so these results are odd.