Matching Error In Wars

alliance_wars

Our Alliance has 28 members, but been matched against an Alliance with 30 members, giving them 12 extra war flags. We have had 28 members for some time, so this isn’t the cause. It is the first time I have seen this happen. Is this a bug, or just a change since the last update?

They have 30 players on batlefield or 2 quit wars?

I have just noticed, not all of their war players are participating (not flagged as participating). However, this means we have 28 active members, and they have 27, so there is still a mismatch…

So you mean on the battlefield there is one extra team on your side?

1 Like

Neither. The matching algorithm has a penalty factor built in related to size imbalances to keep size mismatches fair, but it allows up to a difference of 5 teams between sides. It has been this way for many months.

You may have fewer teams, but you should have stronger benches than your opponent.

3 Likes

Yes, so in effect we have 6 more flags than them.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Didn’t know that.:

1 Like

Wow, that’s good info. Never realized this during any of the wars. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. Mhalttu, the SG CTO, talked about it in one of the war discussion threads, but I don’t think is actually formally in the war changelog.

1 Like
closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.